Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 10-22-20, 06:42 AM  
JBliff

My workout yesterday was 45 minutes on the elliptical.

My Cathe DVDs should be here by Saturday .

Cher - How fun to take a walk with the puppy!

Vannie - Your poor DH! That's a long work day. I'd be exhausted too.

Karjoy - I hope you are enjoying nice weather. We've been at 80 degrees for the past 2 days. It's been way hotter than I'd like at this time of the year.

Waves to Gibbee. Have a good day, all.
JBliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-20, 07:20 AM  
Vantreesta

Cheryl, when I got the notice about Travis' yin sleep program I was excited but I couldn't afford the downloads and won't do a streaming service. It really irritates me that he only has the downloads available for a very short time. I get he wants people to pay for the streaming service but I still don't see why the downloads can't be available all the time too. Not everyone has reliable internet or can save up the extra money in the month or however long the downloads are available. Anyway. I'm like a crabby old bear when it comes to the halted production of actual physical own-them-forever DVDs!!

JB, I'll stick with our 30s over your 80s! Right now the forecast says high of 40 on Halloween and below that every day until then.

Yesterday was a rough day emotionally but I know it's gonna be that way and I know I will make it through. I'm thankful I had two amazing moms to miss!

I signed up for the new back pain yoga series on DoYou (used to be DoYouYoga). It's offered free this week. I think once you sign up you can access them whenever you want even though they will no longer be offered free after this week but I'm not positive. I've been meaning to get started but hasn't happened yet. Hopefully today.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-20, 12:05 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

I am hoping my Cathe DVDs will be here Saturday, or if I am lucky maybe even Friday. So excited.

Resting today. I did a 30 minute run/walk session yesterday. Jbliff unfortunately heat and humidity has crept back in but it has been cloudy and that really helps.
I was thinking about you this morning as I had a patient who lives PT in Long Island, and he was telling me that it was in the low 40s at night there and mid 60s during the day. Heavenly!

Vannie if you like cold weather you should go to Iceland sometime. It is cold especially during winter. With gorgeous waterfalls, mountains, black sand beaches, glaciers. We must be kin because I like cold too! Are you getting the new Cathe’s?

Cher I am not much interested in Cathe’s high impact cardio either. Bring on the mobility workouts though. And the weights.

Gibbee sending hugs your way, kareng
karjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-20, 02:43 PM  
Vantreesta

Karen, Iceland sounds gorgeous! I would love to see it but have to admit, we've never been crazy about traveling outside the US, except for Canada. We both hate flying, for starters! Yes, I ordered the new Cathes. Kind of silly since I still have so many of hers in shrinkwrap. It was my first preorder and I kept forgetting I had ordered them until the chatter got louder here about them finally being done!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Old 10-22-20, 09:41 PM  
Vantreesta

I forgot I actually have smthg to report for the first time in like a week. This morning I did day 1 of the DoYouYoga Anti Back Pain Yoga series. I intended to do more but it never happened. We had rain and freezing rain almost all day so instead of our nice long morning walk I snuggled in on the couch in my robe under a blanket and wrote in my journal.

Old 10-23-20, 05:26 AM  
JBliff

My workout yesterday was a 50-minute walk with DH in the morning and LITE Pyramid total body up premix in the afternoon.

Vannie - Did you ever get your elliptical working properly? I'd like some cooler weather but freezing rain doesn't sound so great!

Karjoy
- I'm hoping my DVDs arrive Saturday too but now I'm not so sure. I have another package that arrived at my post office 3 days ago and it hasn't made its way to my house yet. The post office is only about 5 blocks away .

Hi to Cher and Gibbee. Have a good day, everyone.
Old 10-23-20, 07:46 AM  
Vantreesta

JB, yep, the power adapter came for my elliptical a few weeks ago. I plugged it in to make sure it worked but that's as far as I've gotten with it. It looks like I have to unplug it when I'm done bc the display stayed on, which seems odd since it turned itself off when it was using batteries. Once I put away Halloween stuff I'll just put one of power strips in the gym so I don't have to plug and unplug and can just turn off the strip. Now if I could keep my bike tires from losing air down there!

Old 10-24-20, 12:00 PM  
JBliff

My workout yesterday was 45 minutes on the elliptical.

Well, my Cathe DVDs are still not here. I was hoping to do today's workout with them but I guess I'll have to wait maybe until next week.

Vannie - On my elliptical the display stays on unless I turn the power off.

We have another warm day today but it is supposed to drop down to the 50s tomorrow but then bounce back up to upper 70s. Crazy weather.

Hi to everyone. Have a good day.
Old 10-24-20, 12:41 PM  
Vantreesta

JB, I just think it's weird that the display is different on power adapter than on batteries. But I'm okay with it. Staying on means it's easier to get all the stats written down!

Are you guys planning on doing a Perfect 30 rotation right away or just doing the workouts as you feel? I'm hoping group excitement will make me feel more motivated! Mine haven't come yet either.

Old 10-24-20, 12:47 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Got my Cathe DVDs today! I will preview a bit and be back later for chat and checkin. Kareng
karjoy is offline   Reply With Quote