Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 11-24-15, 10:58 PM  
sweatie

Quote:
Originally Posted by alydinva View Post
I thought that the jumping on and off the step was in the Blizzard Blast which was advertised as an advanced add-on.
This is correct. They said there would be no modifier in the Blizzard Blast portion:

http://cathe.com/forum/threads/about...blasts.301801/

Last edited by sweatie; 11-24-15 at 11:22 PM. Reason: added URL
sweatie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-15, 02:55 AM  
Jane P.
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by carres1973 View Post
Am honestly disappointed in these clips. I guess maybe my idea of intermediate and Cathe's idea of intermediate is completely different. I purchased these because they were clearly marketed as intermediate. To me, jumping on and off a step with two risers on each side is not intermediate. I think I remember an early Cathe workout she said NOT to jump down off the step...

Sorry. That probably came off as really cranky.

Carrie
I agree with many of you. These don't look intermediate to me. I also don't like all the jumping. I didn't order and am not sorry.
Old 11-25-15, 04:17 AM  
nckfitheart

Lightbulb What is the point

Quote:
Originally Posted by cecififi View Post
I really like both the new workouts and am glad I bought them. the lower body one looks amazing.

I gotta say that I don't understand the comment about Marlo and RBF. The same comment was made by a VFer in one of the last Cathe series. I understand the phrase but find it mean spirited. I think Marlo looks like she is concentrating which she likely is - not sure how that translates into something so negative like RBF.
Thanks for giving me an insight on what "RBF" mean. I always wonder what mean spirited individual achieve Making them feel better? I have seen Marlo smile in most of videos--- As we say here on the other side of the pond, she was probably having a bad day! We are all human. Sigh

As to the complain for jumping, I do not recall ICE being advertised as a Low impact series. As someone quoted may be Cathe's concept of intermediate does not match some expectations--- This makes a lot sense IMO
nckfitheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-15, 05:58 AM  
SFR
VF Supporter

I'm not crazy about these two clips. They look harder than I was expecting and don't look like that much fun. But I'm guessing they will post the clips in an order so that the most appealing ones are last. That way the final decision for people on the fence will be 'purchase'. I'll wait on a decision to cancel my pre-order until I see more clips.
SFR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-15, 08:23 AM  
deineira

I think it's easier to think of these as intermediate for an exerciser who does Cathe workouts all the time. But, I agree, these are not intermediate from the point of view of someone who may be doing Jessica Smith or Tracy Long or Ilaria for cardio, which are instructors in my library that I think of as intermediate. Since most of these moves are in Cathe's other workouts, and she seems to be moving at a pretty good clip speedwise, they don't look that much lower in intensity to me than some of her usual lower-intensity workouts (like LowInpact HiiT or CSS from LIS - those are not puke in bucket workouts, but they're still challenging). This series looks like it's in the vein of your typical easier Cathe workout, which is by no means easy for many.

The good news for those who don't like the looks of this is that there is still time to cancel your pre-order and get a refund. And you can spend that money at Mary's sale this week, as she will surely have tons of "true" intermediate workouts on sale.

I ordered this set and I'm slightly disappointed by the fact that it looks like the same old same old Cathe. I was hoping for some fresh new moves, and I did not really see that in these clips. The intensity is fine, but the lack of variety may be a deal breaker for me. I'll wait for more clips this week...but the clock is ticking to cancel...
deineira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-15, 08:49 AM  
Butter

I think these look great... love the energy i see. But the Canadian dollar isn't working in my favour right now so I'll need to give this some thought - before the 30th!
Butter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-15, 08:50 AM  
shoegoddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuscleWoman View Post
It does not appear to be intermediate... especially since Cathe sounds out of breath!
That's always a bad sign

I'm not a typical grandma!

Body by Cathe, Chalene and Dr. Niccole
-Me

A woman is like a tea bag. You never know how strong she is until she gets into hot water
-Eleanor Roosevelt

Well-behaved women seldom make history
-Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Women are Angels
And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly....on a broomstick...we are flexible like that
-White Witch

Gotta love Maxine:
http://forum.videofitness.com/pictur...&pictureid=230
shoegoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-15, 08:58 AM  
isebelleg44

The two leg workouts from Cathe RHW, along with Hiit Circuit Upper Body were my most used dvds from that set. I like the efficiency of getting my cardio and strength in one workout. I am not sure how much strength there is in Chiseled Lower Body.

Does anyone know how many different core routines there are? And Cathe enough with the upright rows!

Cathe does recycle her moves, but as it has mentioned before, how can she not with sheer volume of content she has provided us over the years. There are some moves I wish she would permanently retire, because I am sick of them. One I saw in this clip, I am getting tired of lateral walks! Whenever I see them in a Cathe Live workout, I cringe!

I love Cathe and she is a constant in my workout repertoire. She is a VF legend and definitely should be inducted in the VF Hall of The Fame as one of the greats!

Remember the VF Hall of Fame?

Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.
~Attributed to both T.H. Thompson and John Watson
isebelleg44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-15, 09:58 AM  
upperwside

I'm liking what I have seen from the two clips so far. I'm glad they are not advanced but also not too easy looking. Right in-between.. and just what I was expecting from Cathe. Perfect for holiday workouts. Not too long and Bing-bang get it done workouts.
upperwside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-15, 10:11 AM  
clerkin11

I like the clips too. I've watched the clips several times , and I think if you stop when they get to the blizzard blast section, these do look intermediate. I think the blizzard blasts take them up to more advanced, but if you skip that part of the clip, they don't look too bad. Of course, I can't speak to the real intensity level until I do them, but I am loving what I'm seeing.
clerkin11 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cathe, cathe ice series, flex train, ice, ice reviews, peripheral heart action