Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Combinations, Rotations, & Modifications
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-03-14, 11:57 AM  
MsThistlebottom

Leslie's Thanksgiving Walk Challenge (reposted from Facebook)

Hi my Super Walkers!

Who’s up for a WALK CHALLENGE????

It’s the “THANKFUL” time of year and what better way to prepare for the holiday season than to WALK yourself right into a healthy Thanksgiving?
Let’s START TODAY and walk together for 21 days! I promise you the holiday season will be one of your best ever!

***Please remember that you never have to purchase anything to follow along. I’ll make suggestions for days that you may want to use the Walk at Home workouts. Walking outdoors or on a treadmill . . . are great choices and they WORK to get you healthy and fit! I’ll post 7 days at a time so we can plan a strong week together.

Here are Days 1–7. Let’s WALK, everybody!

Mon. Nov. 3 — 3 miles
(I will be doing the Walk to the Hits—Party Songs DVD—a perfect, sweaty 3 miles!)

Tues. Nov. 4 — 2 miles
(I like the Burn 30 Segment from the Walk It Off in 30 Days DVD for this 2 mile day!)

Wed. Nov. 5 — 3 miles
(Again, Walk to the Hits—Party Songs DVD)

Thurs. Nov. 6 — (2) 1 mile walks
(Oooh, a split day. . . . It’s so good to keep the metabolism zipping along! Try half of the Big Burn DVD in the morning and then finish later in the day!)

Fri. Nov. 7 — 2 miles
(Walk It Off in 30 Days—Burn 30 segment)

Sat. Nov. 8 — 3 miles
(The 5K with a Twist DVD will be my Saturday walk!)

Sun. Nov. 9 — RESTORE your mind, body & soul! Choose a fun activity . . . how about a walk with the family? Bring a ball . . . play catch! Dance to 3 songs . . . Go to a park and swing on the swings . . . roller skate, bowl, bike . . . just have FUN!

LOVE LOVE LOVE that we are walking together . . . let me know how you are doing! ~ Leslie

"When I was young, I used to admire intelligent people; as I grow older, I admire kind people." -- Abraham Joshua Heschel
MsThistlebottom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-14, 12:02 PM  
Kitten

I joined this morning!
Kitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-14, 01:06 PM  
PennyK

I want to join!!!
PennyK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-14, 07:34 PM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Do we have to officially "join" anything? I'll just follow along here.
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-14, 09:44 PM  
MsThistlebottom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
Do we have to officially "join" anything? I'll just follow along here.
Nope, nothing to join, and you don't have to check in anywhere. Just follow along and have fun. I think some people are checking in on Facebook, but I'm not planning on doing that. I have so many Leslies that I'll probably make substitutions, but will at least do the recommended miles.

"When I was young, I used to admire intelligent people; as I grow older, I admire kind people." -- Abraham Joshua Heschel
Old 11-03-14, 10:22 PM  
Kitten

I'm checking in on Facebook as well as a check-in on here I serendipitously joined on Saturday.
I'm just matching mile-for-mile vs. doing the ascribed workouts.
Kitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-14, 07:45 AM  
MomOf2Gremlins

Sounds like fun! I'll follow along!

Joan,
love your avy! You look as beautiful as you sound!

"Change what you can. Accept what you can't. Live peacefully with all that's left."

MomOf2Gremlins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-14, 11:16 AM  
MsThistlebottom

Aww, thanks, Val!

Old 11-04-14, 11:37 AM  
antbuko

I missed this yesterday. I think I will join today. Leslie really is quite motivational.
Old 11-09-14, 09:30 PM  
MsThistlebottom

Walk Challenge Week 2 (reposted from Facebook)

A "Restorative" Sunday to you WALKERS! Here comes WEEK 2 of this 21 Day Challenge!!! Please know .... It's NEVER TOO LATE to START walking for your good health! If you are just starting with us this week ... WELCOME! We are getting strong just in time for the "holiday season!" And how is everyone feeling that has followed for the last week? I know it feels great to have a PLAN! There is a bunch of science that proves ... if we have a plan ... chances are very good that we will succeed at the goal ... if we don't have a plan .... chances are very slim that we will accomplish much! Don't leave your good health to "CHANCE" - Get a healthy PLAN!

Here's the PLAN for the week .... (beginners can do half of daily assignments - advanced walkers go ahead and go that extra mile!)

--Mon. Nov. 10 - 45 mins. of walking (any pace, just walk!)

--Tues. Nov. 11 – Thank You VETS!
1 Mile + Add Lower Body and Core strength exercises (I am using the FIRM 30 session from Walk It Off in 30 Days DVD)

--Wed. Nov. 12 – 5 MILER for Mid Week!

--Thurs. Nov. 13 – 1 Mile + Upper Body and Core strength exercises
(Challenge yourself to a 1 Mile in 15 mins. OR LESS!)

--Fri. Nov. 14 – 45 mins. of "BRISK" walking

--Sat. Nov. 15 – Saturday's are for 5K’s (3.1 Miles) – If you need an indoor walk, try the DVD – 5K with a Twist!

--Sun. Nov. 16 – Researchers from Stanford found that one of the BEST ways to boost CREATIVITY was to “Go for a Walk!” Fresh ideas flood the brain … you may just find the solution to a problem, or a new strategy for a work project … don’t sit there thinking about it … get up and WALK! That’s your assignment for today – let the fresh ideas flood your brain! Happy Sunday Friends!

HAVE A GREAT WEEK 2 Everybody! I'll watch your posts ... HAPPY WALKING! -Leslie

Tags
2014 walk rotation, leslie sansone, thanksgiving challenge