Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-29-13, 12:44 PM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

DDP Yoga

So dh is interested and I like the length. Anyone have an experience with this program? Done it long term? The instructor does seem a little rough around the edges. but hey I'm used to Miranda and Ellen!

I'd appreciate any thoughts. I'd probably purchase new from the DDP website since the sets seem hard to find used....ebay is going for as much as a new set.

Jackie
JackieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-13, 07:37 PM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Jackie, I'm curious about DDP yoga too. I hope more people will share their thoughts if they have tried this program.
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-13, 07:40 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

I don't know a lot about it, but from the previews it looks pretty good. I don't think it's zen enough for me though, lol! But I wouldn't count it out and I would also be curious to hear some feedback from those who have done it.

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-13, 07:55 PM  
barreboxbell

I've done the advanced rotation for four weeks now, just started week 5. My husband and I are doing it together. This is the first time we've been able to do a rotation together. The first and second discs' workouts are roughly 25 minutes. The later ones range from 45 to 70 minutes.

The change in flexibility is amazing. When doing forward fold I used to have my hands a good 5 inches away from the ground, and could not go down any further. After just 10 days, I comfortably touch the ground -- my legs feel loose. My husband is also getting closer to touching the ground, he was almost two feet away, initially, doing a forward fold.

Weight loss/toning wise, I have dropped 3 pounds. It doesn't sound like a lot, but it took me 2 years to get it off. Yoga was the only thing that worked. The best part is, my stomach is my trouble zone, and even my mother said my waist is visibly tapered in. I am so happy with yoga that I gave up all of my high impact workouts and am sticking to just yoga. I also did not change my caloric intake, and I'm sleeping better (I'm an insomniac). My husband cut 300 calories from his daily caloric intake, and he's dropped 8 pounds.

You really have to fixate on your breathing to get the full benefits. Once my husband and I were conscious of it we became truly mindful of our movement and were able to focus more in balance poses. You also need to be conscious of using dynamic resistance. At first, you have to ensure you are tensing up, but it becomes automatic after a while.

This is definitely not "zen" yoga. Although, the extra minute done at the end in corpse pose is pretty meditative for me. I don't want to meditate a lot during yoga, so I was grateful for this. I also like his personality and his jokes. Diamond Dallas Page comes off very warm, and provides a lot of modifications.

I'd be happy to answer any specific questions, but my husband and I would both highly recommend this program.
barreboxbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-13, 08:55 PM  
Paine
VF Supporter

barreboxbell, thank you for sharing! Which package did you get and how many dvds are in the one you bought?

Do you do a DDP workout every day and take one day off a week or what? Also, are you doing any other exercise with the DDP workouts?
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-13, 09:24 PM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

I'm really interested in purchasing this and see there are several different configurations of the program. Is it a better deal to get the advanced and all the dvds?

Ultimately I'd really like to do the program with my dh. He is very, very inflexible and hip problems run in his family. I think he would like Diamond Dallas Page. he would be a beginner and I hope the program at the beginning would be truly basic.

I would still want to do my Classical Stretch/Essentrics. I like hearing that you lost 3 pounds...I am a shortie and 3 pounds makes a huge difference in how I look and my clothes fit.

Jackie
JackieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-13, 09:58 PM  
barreboxbell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paine View Post
barreboxbell, thank you for sharing! Which package did you get and how many dvds are in the one you bought?

Do you do a DDP workout every day and take one day off a week or what? Also, are you doing any other exercise with the DDP workouts?
I got the package with all of the DVDs (that includes the extreme ones). It was about $120, if I remember correctly. I think it was worth the price. Also, if you don't like it, you can get almost all of your money back on eBay. I saw some go over the sale price on eBay. I guess some people are scared of buying it off of his site? I bought it on there, and it was secure. No one stole my card's information.

We have been doing DDP Yoga 5 days a week. Starting this week, we'll be going up to 6 days a week. We were doing it about 25 minutes daily. Last week, we started adding on Red Hot Core, so we got up to about 38 minutes. Now, I've done pilates for years before, and been exercising for the past 18 years. I have a strong core. His core workout is one of the hardest I have ever done. I felt it in two minutes. I did Dasha's new Body Series DVDs and felt nothing in my abs before or after. It would have been easier if I modified, but I insisted on doing advanced for all the reps.

Also, no, we're just doing DDP Yoga. My husband is very insistent on sticking to one rotation. He got fed up of me picking random DVDs. He thinks an instructor provided rotation will lead to better results.
Old 10-29-13, 10:02 PM  
Sophia

I just heard about this the other week and I'm curious too. I'm not into the Zen stuff, so I think I'd like this...especially since I've been leaning toward yoga type stuff the last couple of months. I just went on their site and looked at the first Extreme clip. What makes me think I could survive that? I think I can do a couple of the moves better than the girl he has in the background, but realistically, depending on how far along those moves are into the workout, I may be as bad as her! Knowing me, I'll get the full package, but I'm anxious to hear what others who have it have to say! By the way, any problems ordering from his site? No monthly subscription to something I don't want that's a hassle to cancel, or anything like that?
Sophia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-13, 10:02 PM  
barreboxbell

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackieB View Post
I'm really interested in purchasing this and see there are several different configurations of the program. Is it a better deal to get the advanced and all the dvds?

Ultimately I'd really like to do the program with my dh. He is very, very inflexible and hip problems run in his family. I think he would like Diamond Dallas Page. he would be a beginner and I hope the program at the beginning would be truly basic.

I would still want to do my Classical Stretch/Essentrics. I like hearing that you lost 3 pounds...I am a shortie and 3 pounds makes a huge difference in how I look and my clothes fit.

Jackie
I think it would be worth it to buy all the DVDs, because if you don't like them you can get almost all your money back on eBay. You may not want the extreme DVDs, however. They are not included in the rotations, and they are really designed for an advanced yogi. I'm not at the level where I can easily bust out crow poses.

I got the program, because I was worried at my husband's inflexibility, which is similar to your reason. My husband also has hip problems, and it's been helping him in that arena. My husband is not a fan of working out. However, he does like DDP and actually nudges me to do it if I'm feeling tired. His flexibility is improving daily, and so has his posture.
Old 10-30-13, 04:50 AM  
in paris

There was a thread (click here) on this not too long ago, with a lot of helpful hints.

I bought it for my boyfriend but he hasn't started it yet as we've been travelling far too much (five countries, five weeks) so I can't give feedback yet… I'm hoping he might start it next week when I'm not around but I will burn it to my iPad before I leave to give him a little hint
in paris is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
arthur boorman, ddp, ddp yoga, diamond dallas page, yrg yoga