Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 05-25-22, 11:35 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Exclamation June 2022 "Write a Review" Challenge!

I haven't written a video review in so long. I still find the VF reviews so helpful. Especially for the vintage workouts. I've noticed that some workouts will be listed that have zero reviews.

ETA: Here is where you can register/log into write reviews:

"You must be logged in to submit reviews or workouts. Please note, even if you are a Videofitness Forum member, you still must register for this system before you can submit reviews. Log in, or click on 'New User?' link below to register."

Register/Log in to write New Reviews

I am going to write a review of something in June.

Anyone want to join in on writing a review in June? Just one will do! (But more is nice, too).

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-22, 10:33 AM  
Vantreesta

I suck at writing reviews. Which stinks bc I really should be doing them on Amazon for my friend's books.

That being said, as I'm reorganizing my workouts and cleaning up my spreadsheet I am finding the reviews here to be very useful for finding times, release dates and sometimes instructors! So big thank you to all who do write them!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-22, 06:17 AM  
Helen

Just added one for Cathe's Step N Motion 1
Went to add one for Cathe's LITE PHA 2 and there are NO LITE reviews at all. Submitted it as a workout and auto-message was that it'll take 1-2 days to appear on the list to be able to be reviewed.
So went exploring by year of release
2019 - only 4 workouts reviewed
2020 - 2022 none
• Resistance training is critical. 💯

¹ Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-22, 10:55 AM  
Karla25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage VFer View Post
I haven't written a video review in so long. I still find the VF reviews so helpful. Especially for the vintage workouts. I've noticed that some workouts will be listed that have zero reviews.

VF Reviews

I am going to write a review of something in June.

Anyone want to join in on writing a review in June? Just one will do! (But more is nice, too).

That's a great idea! I love reading the reviews I only wish it wasn't so difficult to leave a review I tried, but it wouldn't allow me in to write one.
Old 05-29-22, 11:45 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Thanks, Helen!

Karla - That is frustrating! I haven't tried to leave a review yet. We'll see how it goes.

I'd hate to think that part of the Forum is broken.

POSTURE CHECK!
Old 05-29-22, 12:39 PM  
Karla25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage VFer View Post
Thanks, Helen!

Karla - That is frustrating! I haven't tried to leave a review yet. We'll see how it goes.

I'd hate to think that part of the Forum is broken.

I don't think you'll have a problem if you've left an earlier review. I got a message saying my username was invalid when I tried to log in to leave a review.

I've looked and still don't have no clue where to register to leave a review. Any help is appreciated. I'm sure other members have the same problem since one needs to register separately to leave a review.
Old 05-29-22, 01:40 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

My user name came up invalid. I couldn't remember if I had posted a review previously but maybe I didn't. No idea how to even get permission to post a review!

Haha Karla I see that we posted the same thing! I thought maybe since I've been around longer (and maybe posted a review before) that I might be able to get in but apparently not.

**UPDATE** I just registered as a new reviewer with my VF user name and a password and submitted and it took it right away and said I could post reviews! Now I just have to pick something to review!

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-22, 08:19 AM  
Helen

Added a review for Cathe - Mega Step Blast.

I know, it's super old, but I'm on a mission to complete all the Cathe workouts I own (almost all) in chronological order. This challenge has me doing reviews as I go - especially since I noticed that there are NO new reviews for the past couple of years.

Reviews tend to happen in threads these days - like those currently being done for Jessica Smith's new set - but that isn't useful when the set is no longer new & someone's looking for reviews - they're buried in old threads - hard to find.

I found VF by looking for reviews.
• Resistance training is critical. 💯

¹ Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-22, 11:21 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helen View Post
Added a review for Cathe - Mega Step Blast.

I know, it's super old, but I'm on a mission to complete all the Cathe workouts I own (almost all) in chronological order. This challenge has me doing reviews as I go - especially since I noticed that there are NO new reviews for the past couple of years.

Reviews tend to happen in threads these days - like those currently being done for Jessica Smith's new set - but that isn't useful when the set is no longer new & someone's looking for reviews - they're buried in old threads - hard to find.

I found VF by looking for reviews.
Me, too!

POSTURE CHECK!
Old 05-30-22, 03:05 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Helen - It doesn't matter how old the workout is. It's probably good for people to have reviews on old workouts with a current spin. The more the better!

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
abandonware, forum issues, review, reviews, vf reviews, video fitness