Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-29-20, 08:42 PM  
alisoncooks

What videos are in your "Plantar Fasciitis Toolbox"?

There's a lot of info "out there" re: how to treat plantar fasciitis. I'm not really looking for that.

I'd love to know if you reach for specific videos during a painful flare. Workouts or stretch. I often reach for the "Awakening the Muscles of the Feet" practice from Jane Adams's Stronger Standing Balance. It has a foot massage/stretch near the end that feels wonderful. Plus it's <20 minutes so I can use it morning and evening. Also, Leslie doesn't seem to bother my foot, so I'm still getting my miles in!

So what's your routine when your foot hurts?
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-20, 10:22 PM  
Vantreesta

I use Jill Miller's Yoga Tune Up Lower Body Series any time I have foot pain. Katy Santiago (Bowman) also had a Gaiam foot pain DVD that I find helpful but Jill is my go to.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-20, 08:26 AM  
patrice
VF Supporter

I reach for The Melt Method. The ball rolling does amazing things to my feet.

Patrice
patrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-20, 09:42 AM  
Pam

Years ago when I use to have a lot of troubles with PF. Classical Stetch sessions helped a lot. Sorry, I don’t remember which set the sessions were in. The sessions had PF in their title. Hopefully someone else can give that info.

Now as long I don’t wear my thick sole hiking boots more than short time (I mostly use minimum hiking shoes) and I workout bare foot, I don’t have any problems.
Old 08-30-20, 10:03 AM  
hdw
VF Supporter

Down dog. Stretching your calves does wonders.
hdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-20, 10:19 AM  
donnamp

Pahla B has a workout for PF - probably not one to use when having a flare but maybe as a preventative - she incorporates a lot of lower leg stretches into a cardio workout.

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-20, 10:36 AM  
DCW

I have used Essentrics and Classical Stretch. For me in addition to the episodes that focus on feet, I do episodes that have Barre work too. My hips are tight and it helps too.
DCW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-20, 12:33 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

I’ve battled PF several times, so I’m quick to get on it if I feel so much as a twinge! I don’t have any PF specific videos but I have a regime of sorts and some devices I’ve found helpful. It takes time and I’ve found recovery seems to plateau for a few weeks or months and then suddenly resolved quite quickly.

My regime:
~Low impact always
~Lots of stretching....legs, hips, feet
~I do pretty much all my workouts barefoot, but otherwise I wear supportive footwear even indoors
~Acupressure with these a few times a day and especially first thing in the morning:
https://www.amazon.ca/Merrithew-ST-0...8808190&sr=8-4
~I wore these compression socks for my barefoot workouts, they are fabulous:
https://www.amazon.ca/Fasciitis-Comp...NsaWNrPXRydWU=
~toe stretchers for an hour or so in the evening.

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-20, 04:43 PM  
Pam

[QUOTE=Pam;2888224]Years ago when I use to have a lot of troubles with PF. Classical Stetch sessions helped a lot. Sorry, I don’t remember which set the sessions were in. The sessions had PF in their title. Hopefully someone else can give that info.

I was wrong. The title mentions feet, not PF, and Miranda talks about PF during the workouts.
Old 08-30-20, 04:44 PM  
Pam

[QUOTE=Pam;2888224]Years ago when I use to have a lot of troubles with PF. Classical Stetch sessions helped a lot. Sorry, I don’t remember which set the sessions were in. The sessions had PF in their title. Hopefully someone else can give that info. [Quote]

I was wrong. The title mentions feet, not PF, and Miranda talks about PF during the workouts.

Tags
plantar fasciitis