Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-10-23, 06:40 PM  
Karla25

Smile 2023 Thrift Store Finds

I found a Les Mills Body Combat set. Since it was 50% off, I only paid $1.09 for it. I might put it up on Share the Wealth though. It was too good of a deal to pass up, so if it doesn't work for me, it will probably make someone else happy to get the set.
Old 01-10-23, 06:41 PM  
sherry7899

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karla25 View Post
I found a Les Mills Body Combat set. Since it was 50% off, I only paid $1.09 for it. I might put it up on Share the Wealth though. It was too good of a deal to pass up, so if it doesn't work for me, it will probably make someone else happy to get the set.
That is a fantastic find!

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-23, 08:12 PM  
fanofladyvols

Great find!

No luck at mine when I visited but I did organize the exercise DVDs to one section.

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-23, 08:36 AM  
Jane P.
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanofladyvols View Post
Great find!

No luck at mine when I visited but I did organize the exercise DVDs to one section.
I've done that with fitness and exercise books before. Arranging them into sections of various types of exercise. Of course, people paw through them and they get mixed up again.
Old 01-11-23, 01:04 PM  
Mickey12

I organize them all the time when I go. I don't know why they have to get sooooo messed up!!! A lot of them are still there when I reorganize.
Old 01-11-23, 01:19 PM  
Vantreesta

The two thrift stores I go to have the workouts in their own section. Of course they do wander, so I put them back where they belong. A couple times I have spent a couple hours looking through the tons of DVDs at Pawn America and once I asked why they didn't categorize them. The employee said people just put them wherever they want and there's no way for staff to keep up with putting them back. Of course, it can also work to their advantage bc as I'm scouring through for workouts I find movies I just have to have!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-23, 01:46 PM  
sherry7899

Vantreesta that is great they categorize them. The thrift stores near me do not except one separates the children's dvds.

Does anyone's Goodwill store categorize books? The one where I go does not. I think they have had the same books sitting there since the location opened last spring! My favorite thrift store does categorize books and they seem to get new ones in frequently.

Old 01-11-23, 01:50 PM  
Vantreesta

Sherry, the thrift store I go to most has some of the books in categories. Like they don't have a section for horror but they do separate out sci-fi/fantasy, romance, kids and nonfiction. They're alphabetized though so that helps!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Old 01-11-23, 02:11 PM  
sherry7899

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantreesta View Post
Sherry, the thrift store I go to most has some of the books in categories. Like they don't have a section for horror but they do separate out sci-fi/fantasy, romance, kids and nonfiction. They're alphabetized though so that helps!
Wow, that is amazing they alphabetize! The one near me has about ten different categories, which I appreciate.

Old 01-11-23, 02:27 PM  
Vantreesta

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
Wow, that is amazing they alphabetize! The one near me has about ten different categories, which I appreciate.
I guess maybe I should say they have them separated by first initial of last name. I'm not sure if some are jumbled within, but it seems like they're pretty much alphabetized anyway!

Tags
2023 thrift store finds, thrift store finds