Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-30-15, 09:31 AM  
mizvespa

Tell Me About HDM's Glutematics

I've been doing thighmatics I for the past month & I'm loving it! I'm curious about Glutematics! Results/difficulty level, enjoyable, etc? TIA!!!!!
Old 08-31-15, 01:19 PM  
mizvespa

Bueller?
Old 08-31-15, 01:21 PM  
MARIKA

It's really good. It's hard but manageable. I'm trying to do it twice a week.
Old 08-31-15, 02:20 PM  
momofcha

It's seriously the bomb.com

It is reshaping my glutes and is hard, but manageable. There is a clear defined stopping point at which time I continue on, but lower the reps to 30 times instead of 50. It hits every single angle of the glutes there are.

What changes have you noticed with thighmatics?

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-15, 08:52 AM  
mizvespa

Thanks for the replies! Thighmatics I is exceptional. It doesn't even seem difficult, yet it's effective. The main thing I've noticed is a very significant increase of definition in my lower "v". It has given me a defined "v" like nothing else ever has. It is now very prominent. I have also noticed a line down the side of each thigh that I hadn't seen since I was doing a heavy TA rotation leading up to my wedding 3 years ago. Lastly, I have noticed that it absolutely cinches and shapes my inner thighs!

I am able to wear a couple of pairs of jeans and a romper that were too tight prior to me beginning the rotation! The change isn't utterly shocking, but 100% noticeable by others!!!! I feel his workouts give my body a very streamlined and sexy appearance. I haven't noticed much for the hamstrings yet. It does shape my glutes moderately, but not to the degree that Ballet Beautiful does. I have not been doing it detox-style, but instead have been doing it 3 times a week alternating with some of his free toning stuff about 2 days per week. So, I've been doing HDM a total of 5 days per week for about an hour to an hour and a half (on a long day). On the days I do thighmatics, I definitely notice some extra cinching and definition. My idea is to alternate glutematics and thighmatics (if we are supposed to do that?).
Old 09-01-15, 12:20 PM  
Suzan66

I love Thighmatics I. He mentioned on his FB group page to do only one Thighmatics at a time (not to mix I & II).. Idk if Glutematics would be in same category?? I assume it works the thighs some as well since TM works the glutes too. Hamelin is awesome!
Suzan66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-15, 03:28 PM  
violetblonde

I think TM1 and Glutematics would be an outstanding combination! I think after doing it just 6-7 times I noticed amazing shape and lift to my booty. Then I got mega dread from it haha. For some reason I feel the need to do the whole thing all the way through if I do it at all...anyways, I'm sure you will get the results you're looking for from Glutematics.
violetblonde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-15, 04:04 PM  
LaCatrina

I totally agree with you guys, Glutematics is awesome It's definitely tough. I can't do it in one go yet. Actually, thighmatics 1 had that same effect on me: I did it and it was very tough to complete as much reps as I could, I would spend quite a bit of time in child's pose collecting myself - you get the picture

I decided to do a bit of a bootcamp splitting it and it was much more manageable and my ability to complete my reps with good form improved a lot. One day I started doing the workout and I thought why not going for the whole thing, I did and I felt great! So IMO for any matic that feels triple tough it's better to start in parts and work from there, so dread stays at bay - try it in halves Violet, it's much more doable (yes, I am a wimp )

Lacey, I agree with violetblonde - TM1 and glutematics could be amazing together in a rotation. Hamelin has mentioned mastering TM1 before embarking in a rotation with TM2, but for all the other matics I think they can be combined (I remember he suggested a bootcamp with armatics and TM1 done together to someone that had a knee injury and couldn't do cardio). In my custom rotations he sometimes throws in one or two a week, different ones, so I think it could definitely be done - you just add some arms and cardio if you need it and there you go! I've heard so many good things about Mary Helen's bridge that I'm thinking of giving it a try sometime soon
Old 09-01-15, 04:15 PM  
violetblonde

I just did MHB's Classic bridge today and it's fantastic! LaCatrina, I definitely recommend it as an add-on.

mizvespa, your posts were partly my inspiration for a recent BB rotation... have you stopped doing BB in favour of Hamelin?
violetblonde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-15, 05:49 PM  
LaCatrina

Quote:
Originally Posted by violetblonde View Post
I just did MHB's Classic bridge today and it's fantastic! LaCatrina, I definitely recommend it as an add-on.

mizvespa, your posts were partly my inspiration for a recent BB rotation... have you stopped doing BB in favour of Hamelin?
Violet, is the classic is the one in the original 60 min DVD? I just realized mine is still in shrink wrap

Hamelin did do a glute transformer (or something like that) short youtube video a while back, but Mary Helen's is a full 15 min or something section of the video, am I right?

I sometimes add the original swan arms video when my shoulders are tight from desk work - it feels so good, same as the first half of armatics

Tags
armatics, glutematics, hdm, swan arms, thighmatics