Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 09-28-20, 09:59 PM  
ChelePA

Quote:
Originally Posted by cataddict View Post
"Happy" Monday,

Quick check in.

Today I did Step Sync. I did the premix that does all the combos several times. It's the longest premix. I enjoyed it. No, it's not advanced, but I'm pretty worn out from pushing my rotation to finish before the new series so it was a welcome break and fun to do. So I've got PHA 2, PHA 3, IMAX 4, and Pyramid Lite to go!

I'm all in on an Amy rotation of some sort. I don't have her URX workouts or Hip Hop Walking but I do have Cardio Karate. I don't think I've done all the workouts in that series.

Have a great week!
You’re almost there! I also love Step Sync for an easier day. And I find it fun too! I usually choose a premix on Pyramid Pump. I’m not a fan of so much repetition.

I do not have any virgin DVDs. My collection is mostly Cathe. I stopped buying other instructors once I found her. I used to go to the Y too so I did have a variety to choose from. But that has obviously changed. My newest obsession is Kat’s step workouts. I have finally completed all the routines on her YouTube channel. I love the choreography and perfect cuing. Plus awesome music! Her most recent workout offers new tunes. I think I will start doing some of the free Cathe lives for the rest of the week.

My daughter made it to the semifinals in her softball tournament, but lost to a very good team. She was happy to be back in action. Thanks for asking.
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-20, 10:47 AM  
bee
VF Supporter

Hello!! I'm also shooshy-pooing the virgin question. I have no idea how many I have -- too many, for sure. When I think about us possibly moving I think about mailing them off to VF friends. It'll probably come to that eventually. Hopefully someone will want some of them. I keep them at this point because I have plenty of space and I have been known to grow to love new things and also revisit old things. So, I like the variety, but I do expect there may be some I will never do before parting with them. Nice to see Linda chime in!! And so cool that this group got you pushing yourself. Me, too.

Chele, sounds like a good tournament!!

This morning I did Body By Simone Legs -- someone posted about her youtube challenge and that was the first day. It was interesting -- did not seem all that hard but I suppose a good warm up for what was to come for me. I did like the music she used. I followed that with Udaya Legs Today, Gone Tomorrow led by Adam Husler. He really grew on me, but said some funny things and had an accent that made me wonder what he was saying sometimes. But I'm honestly pretty sure I did hear him say "put your ass high up as if presenting it." I definitely giggled. But my what a workout it was for me! I had to tap out multiple times. I definitely want to revisit this one to see if I can do better.

Waves to all -- have a great day!!
Old 09-29-20, 12:10 PM  
Mickey12

OMG, as if I wasn't laughing enough out loud when I read Linda's comments on the virgin workouts, then I was REALLY laughing out loud when I read Bee's comments about what Adam Husler said during the yoga practice.

You guys are great!!

Kim
Mickey12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-20, 05:55 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Happy Tuesday fierce friends!!

Kim, I agree, this group is so great!

ChelePA, I don't understand "I do not have any virgin DVDs." I mean, I understand each word separately, but when you put them together like that, I'm not comprehending!

Cataddict is so close, Cataddict is so close!!!

Today I did Live 56, Totally Toned Legs. Should be named Totally Trembling Legs. Oh, my, GOD. Brutal! So of course, it went right into my favorites. This is one I need to start doing regularly, sheesh. Hope I can walk tomorrow.

Short on time yet again today...where is this fall going?? Stay fierce, my friends!!
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-20, 06:28 PM  
ChelePA

Haha Kittybug. I always felt guilty buying DVDs especially with my gym membership. I didn’t buy the Ice Series and regretted it. So now I preorder. You can’t beat the price.

Today was Cathe Live Metabolic Mish Mosh at 5 pm. Love the high energy and how you get a total body workout. I was drenched. I can tell I was taking it easy the last 2 weeks because some of the cardio drills had me huffing and puffing more than usual.

Also had my yearly mammogram. You think they would develop a less painful technique to get the images with all our technology. We have lots of breast cancer cases in extended family and friends. And now my husband’s brother was just diagnosed with Stage 2. I’m making my husband get a genetic test done since his other brother died from metastatic prostate cancer. Both are in the same family of genetics. Hoping nothing to worry about. But knowledge is power.

Have a great night ladies!
Old 09-29-20, 07:10 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Hello fierce friends,

Today I did PHA 2 to finish off the main Lite series. Down to IMAX 4, PHA 3 and Pyramid Lite. Get that cowbell ready, Linda!

Chele, I'm so sorry about your husband's brother's cancer diagnosis. I agree with you that your husband should have genetic testing. Forewarned is forearmed. I'm not a big fan of mammograms either, but I know they are important.

bee, when you wrote that comment about presenting your ass, I thought about Big Orange who definitely presents it high when he is petted on his back. Perhaps he is doing yoga behind our backs.

kittymax, LOL at the comment about virgin workouts. I only have a few as well. But not none. Good for you, Chele.

Waving to all!

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-20, 05:17 AM  
ChelePA

For those looking for very basic step with fun music—try Kat’s newest video. Plus it clocks in at only 38 minutes. Perfect for an easy day or add on.

I was able to catch Hooked on PHA Live at 8 am. It used the step, gliding discs and resistance band for a nice variety. As always, her PHA workouts give a nice cardio effect and this one didn’t disappoint.

Happy Wednesday!!!
Old 09-30-20, 08:30 AM  
fanofladyvols

Quote:
Originally Posted by cataddict View Post
Hello fierce friends,
Today I did PHA 2 to finish off the main Lite series. Down to IMAX 4, PHA 3 and Pyramid Lite. Get that cowbell ready, Linda!
I'ma ready and awaitin' Cataddict!!
. .

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-20, 09:32 AM  
horusosiris

Chel- Great idea about the genetic testing. You reminded me that I am due for my annual mammogram and I need to make an appointment.

Cataddict- The finish line is in sight!

I do not have workouts that I have not done (except one of the new KCM workouts) but I have too many workouts that I have only done once!

Yesterday was a 60 minute mix of Cathe's Cardio Crush segments from the Lite series

Today I am doing CL 228- Cathe Claus' 2018 Calorie Crush workout. It was a Christmas themed workout and I feel in a festive mood today.

Have a great Wednesday!
horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-20, 09:46 AM  
lavna

Quote:
Originally Posted by horusosiris View Post
Today I am doing CL 228- Cathe Claus' 2018 Calorie Crush workout. It was a Christmas themed workout and I feel in a festive mood today.
What a fun idea! We need some festive things these days!
lavna is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
analysis paralysis, cathe, cathe rotation, cathe rotation checkin, cathe rotations, too many choices, too many options, variety, watulan check-in