Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 09-27-20, 07:46 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Hello all,

Yesterday I did both Stacked Upper and Lower Body workouts from the Lite series. Although I usually used more weight than Cathe when I've done these before I matched her this time since I was doing both at the same time. Today I did Cardio Party with the calorie crush. It was as easy as I remember, but I needed an easier day so that was okay. So the countdown goes to 5, assuming I'm doing the entire Pyramid Lite bonus DVD at the same time. It's 81 minutes long, so maybe not.

horusosiris, for my next adventure I'll do Perfect 30 when it arrives, and I'm toying with doing a similar older to newer rotation with Amy Bento. I have pretty much all of her workouts and I haven't done the older ones in quite awhile. Kim, I do have hi/lo extreme, and it is fun! Amy has a lot of fun and challenging workouts, and I like her enthusiasm. I only have maybe 10 virgin workouts (and I just got 2 of them), and since one is Amy's kettlebell workout, that will cover that one. I have several Margaret Richards that I haven't done either.

bee, I am familiar with the "scooch and roll" move. I did it with a large rug I had to move by myself. Maybe Cathe should feature it in her next series. It's "functional fitness" for sure!

manley, sometimes we all need a little "woo hooing" in our lives, and Cathe didn't do it as much as some others. I enjoy those old vintage Cathes.

kittymax, I like how the Lives are sometimes "easier" versions of some of the DVDs. I also like that there aren't lengthy warmups in the Lives. Cardio Party has a 9 minute warmup for a moderate workout and I'm thinking "for pity's sake, I was warmed up enough at minute 4!"

Nathalie, I like the idea of using a weighted vest to add some extra challenge instead of adding more weight to the barbell.

Chele, fill us in on how the tournament went!

Kate, whether the 3 pounds is muscle or water weight, it's all good that you've gotten results from the program.

Hope we all have a great week.

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-20, 03:01 PM  
manleym

Quote:
Originally Posted by cataddict View Post
I'm toying with doing a similar older to newer rotation with Amy Bento. I have pretty much all of her workouts and I haven't done the older ones in quite awhile. Kim, I do have hi/lo extreme, and it is fun! Amy has a lot of fun and challenging workouts, and I like her enthusiasm.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey12 View Post
Manley I think it was you who was also doing some Amy Bento workouts in the late spring or summer, maybe? Do you have this one? It's right up there with Hi/lo Dome Challenge as far as fun factor.
Funny you gals should mention Amy because a couple of weeks ago I was thinking that maybe we could do an Amy rotation. I have most of her workouts too, except the kettlebell ones, and have liked what I've done. And there's so many to do, which leads into Kim's question about virgin dvds/workouts. I'm not sure how many virgin dvds/workouts I have, but enough to keep me busy! And yes, Kim, I've been sprinkling in Amy workouts. Went on a binge this summer and nabbed as many as I could find. I'll have to learn her step choreography. I'm a little (or ALOT) scared! I've read she's pretty complex.
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-20, 03:21 PM  
horusosiris

Quote:
Originally Posted by manleym View Post
Funny you gals should mention Amy because a couple of weeks ago I was thinking that maybe we could do an Amy rotation. I have most of her workouts too, except the kettlebell ones, and have liked what I've done. And there's so many to do, which leads into Kim's question about virgin dvds/workouts. I'm not sure how many virgin dvds/workouts I have, but enough to keep me busy! And yes, Kim, I've been sprinkling in Amy workouts. Went on a binge this summer and nabbed as many as I could find. I'll have to learn her step choreography. I'm a little (or ALOT) scared! I've read she's pretty complex.
Manelym and Catadict I would join you in a Amy Bento rotation. I have all of her workouts. I like all of them with the exception of Hip Hop Walking and her URX Metabolic Interval Workout. I do like her other URX workout. I have not done her two Cardio Karate workouts in ages and this would give me an opportunity to revisit them. I like her KB workouts but IIRC one of her kettlebell workouts (?KB Dynamics) has a few questionable moves (IMHO) but for the most part they are good KB workouts.

Manelym, Yes, I am so thankful to have a large and extensive home gym. I have been especially thankful during this pandemic to be able to exercise at home.
horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-20, 05:02 PM  
Mickey12

I tackled another virgin workout today. Hammer and Chisel, Max Hammer Strength. This one was only 35 minutes. The theme is working a muscle group with light/no weights for 60 seconds, then 8 reps at max weight. Sagi alternates upper body and lower body moves which I really appreciated. I also liked that he didn't repeat any exercises. The time flew by. I had a walk at lunch so this was a great compliment to that. Good stuff. I only have 2 other workouts from this series and then I can take it out of my virgin pile (and I believe it's been sitting there in excess of 2 years!!!!)

Hope everyone is doing well.

Kim
Mickey12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-20, 05:05 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Hello Fierce Friends! A quick check in for me. This morning I did Strong and Sweaty Boot Camp -- was really needing some Cathe -- and she said "Are you fierce?" Yes! That's a good one.

Yesterday I did a Udaya by Andrea Something and it was called something like "make me taller". It was slow, but good!

Hope everyone is well!
Old 09-28-20, 06:02 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Have to be quick today, gals, but if you do an Amy rotation, let me know when you get to Slo Mo Challenge as that's the only one I have of hers and I STILL haven't even done it!

Yesterday I did Live 305, Burn Sets: Express Legs Heavy Weights, because it's short and I wanted to do Pyramid Upper Body (from the Intensity series) too. I swear I need a weighted vest because I used what Cathe did (except dead-lifts with 30's because I don't HAVE them, just 25's) and don't feel much today. When she was doing the set down/pick up the weight with the 40-pound dumbbell, I was using my two 20's like I do for RWH Lift it Hiit it Legs but felt like I could have used my 25's. So I was thinking it might be fun to do that workout twice in a row with the same weights I used and THEN see how I feel, hah! But man, my upper body ouch! Pyramid Upper is STILL no joke, after all this time! At least I got a good total body workout in between the two.

Then today I did Live 130, Keep the Cardio Coming, and that was a seriously fun, seriously intense sweat fest! Plus Al was there. I love Al! And plus festive holiday outfits. Good stuff!

I too have SOOOOO many workouts that are virgins for me, it's crazy. One of these days, I MUST do something about it....but squirrel, right??

Stay fierce my friends! Love reading your posts and hope to catch up more laters!!
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-20, 06:52 PM  
fanofladyvols

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey12 View Post
So, speaking of virgin workouts, how many do you all have currently? I never used to have this many, but somehow I have accumulated them.
Kim
Oh noooo, ma'am...we are not going there.... ESPECIALLY since I blame the members on this thread for ballooning my Cathe collection and other harder workouts. (You Queens of Mass enabling)

Literally y'all have gone and made me feel all Wonder Woman and now I don't think twice about picking up an intermediate/advanced workout. So we are just gonna shooshy poo on my 'new to me' pile...okey dokey?!

Now back to my corner of reading y'all's reviews and adding to my wishlist thank you!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-20, 07:08 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanofladyvols View Post
So we are just gonna shooshy poo on my 'new to me' pile...okey dokey?!
Well, then I'm shooshy-poo-ing right there with you!!! This made me laugh SO HARD!! I can always rely on you to cheer me up, Linda!
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-20, 07:35 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

"Happy" Monday,

Quick check in.

Today I did Step Sync. I did the premix that does all the combos several times. It's the longest premix. I enjoyed it. No, it's not advanced, but I'm pretty worn out from pushing my rotation to finish before the new series so it was a welcome break and fun to do. So I've got PHA 2, PHA 3, IMAX 4, and Pyramid Lite to go!

I'm all in on an Amy rotation of some sort. I don't have her URX workouts or Hip Hop Walking but I do have Cardio Karate. I don't think I've done all the workouts in that series.

Have a great week!

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-20, 08:43 PM  
fanofladyvols

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittybug View Post
Well, then I'm shooshy-poo-ing right there with you!!! This made me laugh SO HARD!! I can always rely on you to cheer me up, Linda!
Haha ...good!!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
analysis paralysis, cathe, cathe rotation, cathe rotation checkin, cathe rotations, too many choices, too many options, variety, watulan check-in