Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 08-26-20, 07:56 PM  
fanofladyvols

Donated two bags of items today. One was a bag of unused picture frames left from in-laws. The other bag was full of clothes that I realized I wasn't ever choosing to wear. Also got rid of another bag worth of boxes I kept for wrapping gifts that I realized I never have needed.
Felt great to let those items go!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-20, 08:04 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Linda, I've donated some photos frames too, but I still have some that are brand new and that I probably will never use.

Anna I hope that you've been able to start making some progress. I think if you pick something small that you can easily accomplish (whatever that is for you), that gives you more motivation to keep going.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-20, 08:26 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

I just sold or gave away some fitness items, kids stuff my granddaughters have outgrown, & a desk I had in my little studio. DH installed a folding desk on the wall for me. It’s on hinges so I can fold it flat against the wall to make more space. He also wall mounted an LED reading lamp with an adjustable arm. My little studio space looks so much more spacious!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-20, 09:16 AM  
Catahoula Cate

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogapam View Post
My little studio space looks so much more spacious!
Pam, That must feel so good! I want my computer/exercise room to have that more spacious feel. It seems to be a constant 3 steps forward 2 steps back process.

I did get a decent sized box off to the Thrift Shop. Big variety of things between clothes, books, odds n ends. I got a new computer recently and so went through all my old computer things and had lots of extra USB cables, etc never used so sent them to the thrift shop as well. I've got a new box started with a couple books of DH's in it already. One of my goals is to get a lot of cardboard boxes in the garage broken down and to recycling. Our garage is so cluttered with stuff that we can't get a car in there. Today was going to be the day to get the cardboard removed but as much as it's raining(which we really need), it'll have to be on hold a little longer. I've sold more books of DH's on ebay and made a great sale of a pranamat pillow. I bought the mat/pillow as a set a few years ago. I love the mat but just never use the pillow. Nice to move that.

Quit sitting!! Joints and muscles love motion!

Do The Next Thing!
Catahoula Cate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-20, 09:21 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Pam, I saw the photo of the drop-down desk your DH made--that is awesome! Sort of like a Murphy bed.

Cate, I have to get DH to take care of his cord clutter at some point (at least it's out of the way in the basement).

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-20, 08:42 PM  
Vantreesta

Yesterday I did some rearranging in the kitchen so all the water bottles and Yetis are in two cabinets and none in the pantry. The two newest ones tasted like old potatoes even after washing them. When I got back from camping I ran them through the dishwasher and said no more beverage containers in the pantry!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-20, 10:08 AM  
sherry7899

I went through my clothing this week and filled two large garbage bags with clothing and shoes to donate. I also got rid of some ancient slippers that had a bunch of holes in them. I went through my cabinets and have several kitchen items to donate as well.

I went through my pantry and cabinets again and got rid of a few expired items, which included some tea I have no idea when I bought. It had been flavored tea, but since it had no scent anymore whatsoever, it must have been really old! I divided the leftover tea between two canisters. One is for assorted flavored teas, and the other is for relaxing/sleep teas.

I put all the Leslie type equipment I am no longer using into a bag to pass along to my sister whenever we can get together again.

This seems endless.....it seems like no matter how many times I go through areas of the house, there is more to get done.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-20, 10:29 AM  
Vantreesta

Sherry, I have old slippers I just can't part with even though I don't wear them anymore! I have a pair of penguins from when I was in college that I think my mom might have bought me or at least was with me when I got them, a pair of frogs I leave at my father-in-law's and a pair of dragons that hubby bought me. That pair I guess I do wear occasionally. Oh and a pair made to look like hiking boots which I wear once in a while. Ever since I got my Mukluks moccasins a few years ago that's what I wear all winter and slip on slippers when I don't want to tie the mocs.

I have a lot of teas. Do the flavors not mingle when you keep them in one container? Mine are all in their original boxes, partly so I have the expiration dates.

I am hoping as the weather cools I will find more motivation and self-discipline. When it's hot out, even if the AC is on, I just don't want to do much. Hard to beat s a cool air blowing through the house to give my mood a boost! Plus I get to put up my Halloween village in a couple weeks and it's ridiculous how happy that makes me feel. Usually. Last year my Chianna Bear crossed the Rainbow Bridge on 10/1 and it was really hard to take so my favorite month bore a more somber tone.

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Old 09-02-20, 12:21 PM  
Vantreesta

Started tackling virtual clutter this morning. I deleted probably 4000 emails (promo folder) and there are than that left to do! Why oh why don't I delete right away? Well for one I hardly look at the promo folder. I have already unsubscribed from Groupon and Victoria's Secret. I guess I better do that with the others too!

Old 09-03-20, 04:10 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

took four paper grocery sacks to goodwill. Our daughter moved into an apartment with her boyfriend is sort of going through what's left here and getting rid of some things.
eventmom is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
de-clutter, declutter, decluttering, downsizing, minimalist, minimizing