Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 09-01-20, 12:28 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

wow - got behind on check in.

friday - day 8 hip 2.3 + 20 dc
saturday - ballet barre + 20 cardio
sunday - met up with coach and friend to school cross country jumping. no formal exercise but got my steps in when I went out to try to find the shoes she threw.
monday - essentrics full body toning
today - TA did a workout for vogue india. around 30 min, intermediate. I liked it. She changed sides a bit more often. then 20 min up to the beat fitness.

so I think I'm not going to repeat level 3 10 times, it's just been a level that had some moves that were really awkward.

buzzer - that's really tough for your niece! but do encourage her to join in the online clubs. We are already having problems with increases in covid - and there is a rumor that the fraternities and sororities are not reporting cases. so that will spread it around and we'll close even sooner. then housing and food services employees will lose their jobs (b/c paid them when closed in march don't have $ to do that again). In this era of mask wearing eye make seems more important to me too!
eventmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-20, 09:41 AM  
Buzzer

Body Beast Legs... DONE!
Body Beast Arms... DONE!

my leg workout is weird. I feel strong on the squats, but on the leg extension and curls I am realllllly weak. It's interesting. On the squat I can lift a ton! On my leg press machine I can press 155 x8 pounds. However when I do leg extensions, I'm at 35 pounds. Oh well. I have been doing more squats with body beast than extensions and curls (I have added those in) so I must be stronger at the compound exercises than the isolations!

My knee still feels tight and achey, and so that's why I am kinda taking it a little easy on the leg workouts. Using the machine more, and less squats. It's a process. I also didn't add weights to the lunge forward and back, which is the first exercise. Instead I used a stick like a squeeze stronger stick, and used it to kinda balance me and help keep the work in the leg. I focused on using the base leg for more of the work. I feel it around the knee so I'm hoping it helps strengthen them!

For biceps and triceps today, I added on a few sets when I felt like the sets weren't had enough. Some of the exercises I did an extra set (like if it was supposed to be a 12 rep and I could keep going, I went to 15 then the next set tried a heavier weight to see if I could get that one to 12). I actually was able to grab my 25's and do 5 reps with a bicep curl with them!!! That was pretty cool. I really pushed today. It took me about an hour to get through the workout, I tried to go to failure or close to failure on every set instead of doing the one set after another that SAgi does.

We have been soooo stinking busy lately! Every day something. today we have nothing planned and I am keeping it that way. I know it'll all slow down eventually and I will be wishing I could get her out to see friends, but for now we are so busy! Yesterday we woke up, ate breakfast, and went to violin. The teacher has been giving her extra time since she's the last lesson before lunch, so LB has been getting almost an hour instead of 1/2 hour. Which I so appreciate! I am so grateful for her giving us the extra time.

Then we went home, ate lunch, and turned around and left to get LB's BFF and go to Urban Air. I sat with them there from 2-7pm. I made a friend that works in the concession area, and she is so sweet! I love sitting and talking to her. It made the time fly, and we had a blast. She treated LB and her BFF so well. People lately just seem like they are so kind.

We were going to stop by another neighbors house and just have the girls stand out the sunroof of the car and sing happy birthday to their daughter who just turned 5 yesterday, and when we got there and were waiting, they pulled up and went into their driveway. That was weird. So I backed up and went to their driveway, and they were getting out of their car and the Mom had a PUPPY in her arms!!! So singing was completely forgotten as the girls got out and played with the friends and puppy.

Turns out, they were not only coming back from getting the puppy in Wyoming, but they also were just coming back from a vacation where they were away from home for 5 days! I felt bad when I found that out. They come home from vacation, probably totally exhausted, and they are assaulted by neighbors! They were good sports though. The Mom said the kids were in the car basically since 9:30am so she was happy they could play for a bit.

So we didn't get home until about 9pm. It was a quick day, but fun!!

Sometimes I worry I am too much the fun Mom and not enough the strict Mom. I don't know if I should work on that. Will it bite me later when she's a teen? Will she just do things and figure I'll forgive her or won't fight her on it later? She's a good kid, so maybe she won't do that. I like having fun with her and her friends though. They are all awesome kids. I know I should get mad about more, but I swear, the older I get the less I feel like getting mad. I don't know why. I don't even feel that anger feeling rise up in me. I do get irritated in the evening close to bed, and LB knows that so she usually stays away and watches TV or something.

Anyhow, good workouts, having a blast with the kid and her friends, and today is nothing so we will do a full on school day. Every morning I've been having her do review and listening to the Classical conversations CD, so today is new info day!

So we have been doing beach, playing outside... it's been HOT... next week one day is supposed to be 4.5" of snow. That was a quick turnaround.

Eventmom: I know my niece has joined at least one online club, so hopefully she meets some people like that. My sister said she is talking to her friends from high school. I just can't imagine how scary and lonely that would be. I know I wouldn't have been able to do it at her age.
TA Omni 90 days completed! 7/11/11-ish
Tapout XT1 90 days DONE! 6/29/13
Body Beast: Done 3/14, minus the last week. I started JNL and never looked back!
JNL DONE! 5/12/14
Buzzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-20, 04:14 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

TA vogue india + 30 meta dc

buzzer - glad your niece joined at least one club! it's not optimal but there have been so many campuses forced to pivot when the number of cases got high they need to be careful. The information on post-covid heart issues for younger adults is terrible so hopefully that age group will be smart.

hi ebianco!
Old 09-08-20, 01:31 PM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

Sorry I dropped off for a really long time. My husband received very bad news and it has been an extremely stressful time for both of us. I don't want to go into details but we had to get a lawyer involved. On the plus side, I have been keeping up with my workouts.

A few new or long neglected workouts I've done lately:

1. Firm Get Chisel'd-it was fun revisiting this one after a few years. I liked it then and I still like it! I want to continue to try out a few Pink Firms.
2. Cathe Slide and Glide-I've had this workout forever and I FINALLY tried it, and didn't like it The glider cardio made my lower back hurt, a lot, almost immediately, and the glider toning made my knees hurt. So yikes. Let me know if either of you might be interested and I'll gift it to you!
3. Cathe LITE Bodyweight and Bands-I liked this one but it definitely wasn't overly hard. I added the bonus abs but next time I will also add the bonus 10 minute cardio and I think I'll like it better.
4. Fitprime Strong Bear the new one with Keli. I love this one!
5. Fitprime Pump with Heidi. This one was really fun and I had extreme butt DOMS the next day, it was really noticeable. I guess the one leg squats maybe? I definitely want to do more Fitprime workouts.

Of course all my usual workouts, Firm Tortoise, Total Body Shaping Mix, Pure Barre Results series after running.

I picked up a few more Cathes at Mary's sale this weekend, and decided to spring for some Tracie Long workouts since her site had a sale going with $10 per DVD, I got four DVDs for only about $45 once I added ship!

Yesterday and today-planned rest days.

I lasted about a week and a half with no sugar before I caved. Ugh it's so hard. I've been eating lots of chocolate since then

I haven't been up to date reading but will try to keep up from now on. I hope you both had a lovely Labor Day weekend! Can you believe it is September/fall now?
Old 09-08-20, 02:42 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

friday - TA vogue + DC 1.1
saturday - fitprime dancy moves + essentrics sculpting
sunday - horse trial - long day went well!
monday - 15 minutes of sweat II + essentrics sculpting
today - joyce vedral speedy non stop + caribean aerobics hi-lo

ebianco - sorry to hear you are having challenges that you had to get a lawyer involved. looks like you have really kept up your workouts!

buzzer - did you get snow? My friend in wyoming had 100 degrees saturday, snow now. very hard on horses.

waves!
Old 09-09-20, 01:10 PM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

Hi there,

Today I revisited Firm Metaboost with Heidi. My review (from 10 years ago LOL ) said I liked it okay but it is not as good as Pump, another Fitprime strength workout with Heidi. I agree with my earlier assessment. This one is okay but it is easier and not as much fun. Still good to mix it in occasionally though.

Tomorrow will be another new Cathe, Afterburn, which I bought years ago but never unsealed?! Or Flex something (never unsealed from years ago), or High Cuts or something, which I did once a long time ago, and really liked, but never returned to it. LOL.

Eventmom I have mixed Fitprime and Classical Stretch in the past and they mix really well! I don't think I've done the dancy moves mix yet. I really like their compilations though.

Buzzer waves!
Old 09-10-20, 07:46 AM  
Buzzer

Wow. I sure am behind!!
I have done Firm Volume 6, which was good, but I did it with light weights and was surprised when the end came, because I never felt like I did much. I need heavier weights, because that is truly a weight workout, not a cardio!!

Firm Volume 1 (two days ago). I did it with 10's as my heavy, 5's as my medium and 2's as my 1 1/2 pound weights in iron aerobics. I didn't use any weight on the legs and I thought I would die!! That was nuts. I used to use 12 pounds! I really need to work on my leg strength. I even did all the reps on, let's say my left leg, then for leg shoots switched to the right. Then went back to left to finish out. I am so weak on those! I need to do those firms more often to build it up. It'll help my knee I am sure of it, because after I do vol 1 my knee feels a bit better!

I also finished out my Body Beast rotation. I am going to continue on with alternating build and bulk weeks though. Adding in the Firm like I have been and a yoga day. I did Firm Yoga yesterday, which I didn't realize I had their yoga. I found it in the Fit Prime box I have (of fit primes), and decided it would be good to try.

We have been super busy! We got about 5" of snow on Tuesday. We have swim lessons this week, spent the weekend madly getting the yard ready for snow (quick transition from 90 degrees on Monday to 29 on Tuesday!), winterizing the camper, pulling out shovels, all in 90 degree heat. We also had to get the foundation for the garage ready for concrete, since they are coming today and we thought we were getting 12" of snow (according to the "meteorologists") and we wanted to get it all done in the warm rather than the cold.

PLUS we are getting a new refrigerator this morning, so I have to find a screw driver that fits the weird star shape of the door so we can take off the door, plus move some stuff, clean out the fridge/freezer (our old one was built in March of 2000 and is STILL going strong! I just have never liked it. It's a side by side and VERY narrow. Like, once we buy a gallon of milk and put a pickle jar next to it, we are out of space). We just have to make space for them to deliver it. Plus the concrete comes this afternoon at 1, so we have some relatives coming over to help. PLUS LB has swim lessons this morning. PLUS she wants a friend over while we get concrete. Probably No, LB!! HA!

Anyhow, busy today. Hopefully tomorrow I rest (after swim lessons). It's freaking cold out, we got a little more snow last night. we have 80 degrees in the 10 day though!

Ebianco" so good to see you!! I don't know if you are a praying sort, but we will add you to our prayers! Sorry you are going through such a rough patch. Hopefully it all gels out soon and this time next year you can cringe but know you made it through. It's never good when lawyers have to get involved, but if that's the best way to do things, that's what has to happen. I'm so sorry!!

I have Cathe's slide and glide, but it's still in the shrink-wrap Thanks though!

Eventmom: My niece still is friendless. She said there are so many rules in place and the threat of getting kicked out, she is afraid to go out and try to meet anyone. She has joined a few online clubs, and keeps in touch with her high school friends. LB and I are going to call her this weekend because she gets loneliest on weekends. I hope things loosen up for them soon because I can see how if someone is super fragile right now, it could push them over the edge.

So I gotta get going. I have so much to do this morning! It might be a morning off from working out so I can get it all done!!
Body Beast: Done 3/14, minus the last week. I started JNL and never looked back!
JNL DONE! 5/12/14
Old 09-10-20, 05:35 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

yesterday - barre amped stretch
today - TA vogue + meta dc

buzzer - it's good you'll call your niece! Universities are in a tricky place - if covid spreads they have to go on line which everyone complains about and I guess they risk getting sued for not taking proper precautions. Refrigerators ! so my story is that we bought our 30 years ago. Works great. can't get replacement parts. My luck it will die 2 weeks before we close a sale on this house - and refrigerators don't stay with houses in OK they are considered personal property so we'd have to get rid of it (won't fit in the NM house).

ebianco - dancey moves is on the fitprime 6 day trainer, it's only 20 min and not too complex. hope things are looking up.
Old 09-13-20, 11:10 AM  
Buzzer

Body Beast Build Chest and Tris.. DONE!
BB Build legs... DONE!

The cchest I did a few extra sets on some of the exercises. Like the first set, there isn't a warm up set, so I did an extra 15 rep set, one with a lighter weight to warm up. By the time I got to the triceps I was tired, but made it through anyhow! It took about an hour.

Yesterday I did legs. My way. I added in extensions and curls, and used the stick for balance on my lunges forward and back. I really am focusing on strengthening the knee that still aches! It feels great while I'm working out, then aches about an hour later and forever after that. But when I'm working out, if feels perfect. don't know what to make of that yet.

I am gonna be in and out on my checking in. Yesterday after leg day, we worked on the garage and I moved about 100 30pound fastwall bricks from one place to another. It killed me! I was so tired I didn't even want to think. DH asked where I wanted to get dinner from (take out) and I told him "I am just done." He got irritated, and said "I know you are done!!" and I didn't even have the energy to explain that I didn't even want to make a decision. I was just done. Legs and moving bricks in one day was more than enough for me!!

I went to bed about 9:15, and was OUT. I feel better today. I didn't work out this morning, taking a "rest day" and we will work on the garage. The foundation is poured, and we are working on squaring up the first row of fast wall. They have to be perfect, because any imperfection will get bigger and bigger as the wall builds up. So we are taking our time.

Hopefully I will be able to get some workouts in besides building, we'll see! DH has to go into the office this week and next, so I may be able to do both. We went out early this morning (about 6:45am) to work on the garage so we could beat the heat, and it ended up being FREEZING. We needed heavy coats and hats. This afternoon is supposed to be about 77 degrees, so the temps are definitely going up and down like fall weather!

The extensions and curls are feeling really good. All the squats were kinda annoying to me. I am doing one set of squats and one of leg press (on my leg press machine) and that's it. I keep reminding myself leg day is only one day a week, and that helps. I hate leg day!! Always have!

So a lot of my workouts may be getting the garage built! It's exciting! and exhausting. I'll be happy when it's done!!

Eventmom: so I know you are retiring after this year... so are you selling your house now? or just anticipating it? I am so in love with the new fridge! However, getting ice from the ice maker sounds like LB is opening the dishwasher, so I keep yelling "It's dirty!" or "It's clean!" whenever she gets ice. HAHA! We will both have to get used to that! I have never in my life had an ice maker, or water in the door. it's confusing to me. DH showed me where the ice was inside the door, and I asked "how do we get it out of there?" he looked at me like I had crabs coming out of my ears. Then he showed me the ice dispenser. I laughed so hard!!! I guess so, huh? HA!

Our foundation is dry, having all the help was perfect, it was cold cold cold, my sister and I had a great time, LB had a friend over to keep her distracted, and all the pictures we took of the foundation being done are of people's behinds. I never realized that foundations being poured would be nothing but pictures of people bending over. HA! It was pandemonium and a blast. At one point we have two big cement trucks and a huge pumper truck in our yard. It was crazy!! So much happening at once (plus a new fridge!) but luckily it all went off without a hitch. Everything went perfect!!!

Ebianco: Hope things are going good for you guys. Take care!
JNL DONE! 5/12/14
Old 09-13-20, 03:04 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

friday - TA vogue + kathy smith project you cardio
saturday - Caribbean aerobics yoga basics + chasing my stupid horse around the neighborhood when she got loose.
today - TA vogue + DC 1.3

buzzer - we won't be able to put the house on the market while we are working we have so much work to do - like get rid of 20 years of clutter that we aren't doing now so until we quit work it's just not going to happen. But, last time we sold a house we have to put in a new stove because ours died after we sold the house and before we moved in. So, it would be our luck for the refrigerator die right as we sell this house. Moving all those bricks would be a major workout for me, be careful don't overdo.

ebianco - hope things are going better.