Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-25-20, 06:17 AM  
Tugger31

Question NIA SHANKS Question

She has many programs for purchase on her website. Can someone tell me the difference between them all??? Are they all deadlift and chin-up focused?? Can all of them be done at home with just dumbbells (or modified easily for that)?? Thanks!
Tugger31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-20, 01:51 PM  
s2546

I like her. Very straight forward. I think she does have a dumbell only program which can be done at home. Email her with any questions. She is helpful

sue
s2546 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-20, 02:17 PM  
Tugger31

She suggested the 12 week program or the Dumbbell program but didn't give specifics as to the exercises (I didn't expect her to). That being said, how do each of these programs compare to Cathe's STS or to the program(s) in her Lift Like a Girl book?
Old 08-25-20, 04:28 PM  
s2546

Wow. Its been a while but nothing like STS Much shorter!
3 sets of basic exercises per day. Squata bench press dumbell rows. Like that. She is knowledgeable. I was getting good results with her book workout at the gym. But those days are done

sue
Old 08-25-20, 04:31 PM  
s2546

Maybe 4 sets. Some super sets.
Old 08-25-20, 05:37 PM  
Tugger31

Sue which program are you referring to specifically?
Old 08-25-20, 05:49 PM  
s2546

The dumbbell program
Old 08-26-20, 09:59 AM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

I have some of her older programs. Her fat loss series, beautiful badass, and Beautiful Badass Six Phase. The BBA had lots of different programs/ rotations and I found only one or two that suited me. I have done many but not all phases of the Fat Loss and Six phase programs several times and I really like them. I adapted most of them to working out at home although there were a few exercises that I needed equipment for. I only have dumbbells, kettlebells and a suspension trainer at home. I also have her Revamp program which is too advanced for me right now.
You can ask her if the program you are interested can be done at home. She is more than happy to answer questions and is very helpful.
Her programs are very good and no-nonsense.
lreidgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-20, 09:44 PM  
hdw
VF Supporter

I'd like to try one of her workouts. I love lifting heavy, not more than 45 mins. I love Cathe style. EIther split or total body. lreidgree... Which one is good for me to try?
hdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-20, 08:03 PM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

hdw:
The first of Nia's "programs" I did was from her blog. It is here:
https://niashanks.com/minimum-traini...ample-workout/
I remember getting strong doing this. Pretty straightforward and time efficient. Looking at it now I think I should go back to it once my foot is completely healed.

I also think her Revamp program would be good for you. Another VF member did this and got great results (I think it might have been SueB?)
I purchased it before my foot surgery last year and never got strong enough afterward to start it. Looking at it now and it says the strength training workouts are 40-60 minutes so that might not work for you.
There are three phases of 4 weeks each and they are upper/lower body splits. Techniques used include Reverse Pyramid Training, Double Progression and Repetition maximum
lreidgreen is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
nia shanks