Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-30-17, 07:57 AM  
Poodlepants

The Fitbit One is being discontinued.

So, I have been having problems with my One for the past week and a half. I noticed it coincided with the recent iOS update. My One only holds a charge for 36 hours and previously I could go for 7-8 days on a charge. I went to the Fitbit One support forum and I saw other One users were having the same issues with iOS and Android updates. Fitbit has acknowledged this is the issue, but they have said they don't have an expected date for a fix.

That is also where I found out the One is being discontinued. I love the One and I would have purchased another when my current one gives up the ghost. I prefer clip-on trackers over wrist trackers. I am in maintenance on Weight Watchers and I have my One synced to my WW account for "Fit Points." Fitbit is keeping the Zip, but it doesn't have the same functionality.

I am having a hard time finding a clip on activity tracker. It seems the wristband is what's popular.

Does anyone have suggestions for a clip on activity tracker?
Old 08-30-17, 08:36 AM  
tiletha444

Oh no! I hate to hear this...I LOVE my Fitbit One. I do not like the wrist trackers. I don't think they are as accurate. I like wearing real watches and don't prefer wearing a tracker for a watch. Also, I'm a sign language interpreter, so I'm moving my hands all day and I KNOW a wrist tracker will give me an inaccurate reading.

Even though the One is being discontinued, does that mean it will not be supported in the app?

I suppose I could look into the Zip, but it does not have the sleep features...and it's bigger than the One. The One clips discreetly onto my bra.
tiletha444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-17, 11:01 AM  
Poodlepants

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiletha444 View Post
Oh no! I hate to hear this...I LOVE my Fitbit One. I do not like the wrist trackers. I don't think they are as accurate. I like wearing real watches and don't prefer wearing a tracker for a watch. Also, I'm a sign language interpreter, so I'm moving my hands all day and I KNOW a wrist tracker will give me an inaccurate reading.

Even though the One is being discontinued, does that mean it will not be supported in the app?

I suppose I could look into the Zip, but it does not have the sleep features...and it's bigger than the One. The One clips discreetly onto my bra.

I think it will be supported within the app.

I could see how signing would give you an inaccurate step count. I read on the Fitbit forum that a woman was wearing a wrist tracker and she spent the entire afternoon crafting at a table. She got 19,000 steps, when she was relatively inactive otherwise.
Old 08-30-17, 11:20 AM  
laurajhawk

I have the Fitbit Alta, which comes as a wristband, but I know you can also get a necklace accessory that the Alta inserts into. I bet there is also a clip accessory, or will be now that the obsolescence of the One is going to create that need. The accessories on the Fitbit site are expensive, but there are lots of cheaper ones on Amazon.

ETA: Here's a clip!

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-17, 12:57 PM  
Poodlepants

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurajhawk View Post
I have the Fitbit Alta, which comes as a wristband, but I know you can also get a necklace accessory that the Alta inserts into. I bet there is also a clip accessory, or will be now that the obsolescence of the One is going to create that need. The accessories on the Fitbit site are expensive, but there are lots of cheaper ones on Amazon.

Thanks! I had no idea that you could wear the Alta like that. I will have to check it out.
Old 08-30-17, 01:01 PM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Oh no! I love my old One. I have the original and also use mine to sync to WW. I can't wear a wrist tracker and am very pleased with the way my One clips discretely to my bra strap or sport top.

This also stinks because I read of a lot of cases of people's Fitbits dying out on them - but my trusty One seems indestructible.

Do any of the others count floors climbed?
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-17, 01:29 PM  
tiletha444

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurajhawk View Post

Wow! Nice idea. I'll have to keep that in mind once my One dies out on me.
tiletha444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-17, 02:42 PM  
ilovemygreatdane

Count me as another Fitbit One lover! I do not want to wear anything on my wrist. It bugs me. I hook it to my bra. No one knows I'm wearing it. I think the step count is more accurate too. I also washed my One and it still worked. Bummed about this news.
ilovemygreatdane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-17, 03:16 PM  
frogribbit
VF Supporter

I love my One! I lost it outside for a week and when I finally found it, it was still going strong and that was after several rains!
frogribbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-17, 03:39 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

I'm sorry to hear that. I've had Fitbit One for years and love it too! Mine is working perfectly and I hope I can keep it for several more years. Fitbit One counts floors and since I have 4 floors in my house, that feature is important to me. I don't want anything worn on my wrist either. My DH has Fitbit Charge HR and he's not very impressed with its accuracy. Arm movement increases his step count and every time he rides his motorcycle, for some reason he gets additional 7K-10K steps. Obviously inaccurate.

I got email from Fitbit about the new upcoming Fitbit Ionic and I'm not interested in it.

Tags
fitbit, fitbit one, fitness trackers