Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-21-16, 03:15 AM  
AsSweetAsSugar

STRONG by Zumba

"Moving in sync with music makes you work harder. Yet, in every other high intensity interval training (HIIT) and bootcamp class, music is an afterthought.

The music in STRONG by Zumba™ was crafted to drive the intensity in a challenging progression that provides a total body workout using only your body weight."

STRONG by Zumba™ | Introducing Music-Led Interval Training

Here you can see the new concept in action:

STRONG by Zumba™ | Synced Music Motivation Workout

Looks intense, but awesome with the driving music. Btw, this is a new Zumba class, not mention anywhere that this will be available on DVD, I'd love it though!

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-16, 04:02 AM  
Jennifer P.
VF Supporter

Wow, it looks like a Zumba class I could almost do (since I can't dance.) I say almost, though, because I have to wonder about the cuing, & it looks awfully fast for me. It seems like in the second clip that she almost adds on to the combo--if the instructor was to start with one move, then add another move, etc. that might be doable for me. I would need verbal cuing of some sort, though.

Let's keep this beautiful planet & all its wonderful creatures alive!
Jennifer P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-16, 08:33 AM  
sherry7899

Are these starting as classes and then getting released on dvd? I've bought too many Zumba systems that I end up not using. I wonder if there is any cuing? It didn't even look like there were hand gestures or anything. I am going to force myself to pass, since I've wasted too much money already. I'm sure their workouts are great for other people, but I barely use mine.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-16, 10:03 AM  
westiemack

They are presenting this at Canfitpro in Toronto in August!! Excited to see it!
I can never follow the regular Zumba.

Kathy

Disclosure: I am an Independent Beachbody Coach, but I'm only in it for the discount!
westiemack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-16, 02:10 PM  
kristieb726

Oooooohhhhh I want! I love Zumba and dancing, but this looks like an interesting switch up! I wonder when these will be available.

Kris
kristieb726 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-16, 02:14 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Jennifer P., I agree about the cuing, to be honest I've never took a Zumba class or any class at the gym, I do my Zumba at home with my dvds and I always choose the verbal cues option, I like to be said what is coming next or if I should turn left or right, etc. I don't like to be guessing when I'm working out.

Sherry, this seem to be a new Zumba class, I've no idea if it will make it to dvds. All the Zumba dvds I have, have the option of "verbal cues" or "feel it" btw. I watched a presentation they did at FIBO this year, and the instructor did the same gesture they do while Zumba dancing, the video I posted if a promo so def. no gestures there.

Kathy, please let us know how you like it, if you get to try it! I do like the look of this!

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Old 07-21-16, 02:28 PM  
jusca

Interesting & will wait for more reviews. I would definitely need more vocal cues. The dancing Zumba I could just make up something until I got the dances. This hand point gestures doesn't tell me much about the next move.
jusca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-16, 07:01 PM  
MARIKA

Oh I am so getting this!
Old 07-21-16, 09:15 PM  
kristieb726

Here's a longer live look done at FIBO. I really like the music that I've heard so far!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-6Hn_3SFySE

Kris
kristieb726 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-16, 09:27 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Kris, I love the music too! I'm another Zumba and dance fanatic!

Tags
interval training, mlit, music-led, strong by zumba