Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-03-15, 07:55 AM  
andtckrtoo

TA Slim & Sculpt Cardio

Anyone else get this? I got mine yesterday. I'm going to do the first workout and a short run this morning (I know, I know - but I don't care... ). I have a conference today, but I'll try to get back on line to give you my thoughts.
Old 06-03-15, 08:48 AM  
Suzan66

I've had mine a few weeks and tried out the sculpting chapter with the band. I liked it, but had I saw clips I never would have preordered because I'll never do the cardio sets. Right now I'm on a HDM kick so I put it away for now.. I did like the band that came with it. A lot thicker and heavier than other ones I have.
Suzan66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-15, 08:59 AM  
carres1973

Quick question with this one - are all (or the vast majority) lower body moves done on all fours? If so, do you think they would be "modify-able" to standing? I had bilateral partial knee replacement in January, so moves on all fours for an extended period is pretty much a no-no...but TA does wonders for my lower body!!

Thanks,
Carrie
carres1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-15, 09:03 AM  
Suzan66

I don't see how they could be done standing to be honest. She holds band over shoulder on all fours and does a short side series with it. There are a few standing moves but not a lot.
Old 06-03-15, 09:53 AM  
carres1973

Thanks, Suzan! Finally, a DVD I won't be buying :-)!
carres1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-15, 08:22 PM  
andtckrtoo

I honestly wasn't impressed. I did the first few moves of Slim and Sculpt - the presale sounded like they were all cardio/sculpt (or maybe I didn't read it well - could definitely be that). I do really like the band, and I'll use that a lot (almost worth the cost of the DVD - it's that good), but I had a lot of trouble with the balance moves on the side while trying to hold the band a certain... I'm sure if I did it a few times I would be okay. But honestly, I'm also doing more HDM and he really is good at letting you know what you are working and why. With TA I feel she's just doing things because she can.
Old 06-04-15, 12:36 AM  
Scorpio6

Who is HDM?
Scorpio6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-15, 07:20 AM  
Suzan66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpio6 View Post
Who is HDM?
Hamelin D'Abell Method. He has a lot of free workouts (good stuff too) on his You Tube channel. Someone on here posted link to his 3week arm challenge and it got me trying his other stuff and I am hooked.
Old 06-04-15, 08:01 AM  
bjammin13
VF Supporter

This one is not my fav TA, I won't be reaching for it, I think her other releases offer much more in regards to effective exercises
bjammin13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-15, 11:36 AM  
ssgilby

I've done the first cardio w/o and the toning w/o with the band.

As far as the toning - I liked it. It's not overly hard, but for me, any time I switch things up it's good, and the band adds another element, which I like. The moves are typical Tracy moves - lots of odd angles - but, IMO, that's what makes her stuff effective. I think this w/o would be a great add on to another TA workout. I'm re-working my way through Metamorphosis, and I like to add other TA w/os to my regular Meta w/o each time, so this is just another one for my arsenal.

As for Cardio 1 - I liked it! I think it would a be a great intro for anyone not already familiar with TA's cardio. I am familiar with it as I've done it on and off for years, but I have to be in just the right mood. It's a well known fact that Tracy's "freestyle" approach makes for a routine that isn't easy to follow. LOL! She goes slower in this one and seems to make more of an effort to keep things even - i.e. 4 side kicks on the right, 4 on the left. It's high impact, but not done at such a fast tempo that you can't modify with the same move at a lower impact. It's also blissfully short, making it great for a quick add on or for TA cardio newbies who are trying to build their endurance. As soon as my most recent bout of plantar fasciitis heals, I'll definitely be using the two cardio segments on this video to build up to longer TA cardio sessions.

The one thing I found odd about this video is that there is something about the filming of it that seems kind of off. It almost feels/seems like a computer-animated thing. Kind of like her Xbox workouts. Hard to explain, and I don't think it actually is a computer w/o, but there's just something about it. Did anyone else notice that?

Tags
tracy anderson