Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-15-15, 05:47 PM  
Debbie S.
VF Supporter

Hmm, I only do the entire workout 3 times a week. I do continuity the other 3 days. I do the first part 6 days a week though. I'm so in love with the warm up/arms/abs/cardio segment, and for that alone it's been really worth it to me. I swear, they are my happy workouts. I never cared for her arm work in the past, but I LOVE her arm work in the streaming workouts. I knew from the beginning that I would get really tired of the lower body work if I did it everyday. Breaking it up with continuity was definitely a wise decision on my part.

Suzie, my butt has responded really well to the streaming workouts, too. My hubby rarely compliments me, but he is always saying something about my booty.
Don't Compare Yourself to somebody else. BE YOUR BEST! Chalene Johnson

A Spark of Hope

In memory of:
Michael Sparkman
October 11th, 2001-October 21st, 2008
Hope Fimiani
August 26th, 2006-October 13th, 2008
Debbie S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-15, 07:44 PM  
mizach
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debbie S. View Post
I do the first part 6 days a week though. I'm so in love with the warm up/arms/abs/cardio segment, and for that alone it's been really worth it to me. I swear, they are my happy workouts. I
Me too! I do these almost everyday. And even though I don't use the floor work all the time, but the segments I LOVE are worth the price of admission.

Your DH's compliment is cool.
mizach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-15, 11:06 AM  
Helen S
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzie View Post
Woodie, I saw that clip from Bari Studio a couple of days ago and I was thinking this is the kind of stuff I hope TA would include - i.e., more complex movement and not all on the floor: https://instagram.com/p/2mcd1pF-kK/?...=thebaristudio
I like this clip. Does Bari sell a DVD or download with something like this? I like how TA and Sylwia combine several moves into a mini flow. Bari looks like it does the same thing in this clip.
Old 05-17-15, 01:17 PM  
mizach
VF Supporter

I did the latest TA streaming yesterday and still enjoyed it. The change I implemented is to count half way then switch sides during the floor work. That helped with cutting down the workout time. Was dripping with sweat after.
I also love my new knee pads. They help so much during the knee pivot moves!
Old 05-17-15, 02:07 PM  
Coastal Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizach View Post
I did the latest TA streaming yesterday and still enjoyed it. The change I implemented is to count half way then switch sides during the floor work. That helped with cutting down the workout time. Was dripping with sweat after.
I also love my new knee pads. They help so much during the knee pivot moves!
That's a great suggestion for cutting down the time, thanks! What kind of knee pads are you using?
Meg
Coastal Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-15, 02:15 PM  
mizach
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coastal Girl View Post
That's a great suggestion for cutting down the time, thanks! What kind of knee pads are you using?
Meg
Hi Meg,
I did a lot of research before getting the Nahdeh one.
It's my vidiot personality and must be researched hahaha.
The cheaper kind might work too.
However, since I just love TA streaming, I decided to get the Nadeh. The TA pivots on the knee give me such sore knees that I was starting to dread those moves.

I had an aha moment while waiting for my kid's basketball practice to finish. A volleyball team was practicing in front of me and the players had knee pads! I then set to get a pair.
Old 05-17-15, 02:23 PM  
Coastal Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizach View Post
Hi Meg,
I did a lot of research before getting the Nahdeh one.
It's my vidiot personality and must be researched hahaha.
The cheaper kind might work too.
However, since I just love TA streaming, I decided to get the Nadeh. The TA pivots on the knee give me such sore knees that I was starting to dread those moves.

I had an aha moment while waiting for my kid's basketball practice to finish. A volleyball team was practicing in front of me and the players had knee pads! I then set to get a pair.
Awesome, thanks--I'll take a look
Coastal Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-15, 05:12 PM  
fuzzie
VF Supporter

And just when I think I'm over TA she pulls me back in... I tried week 23 and LOVED it More complex sequences, more angles, more interesting and challenging overall. I also loved the assistant instructor - one of her best for keeping track of the moves and demonstrating in the breakdown.

Quote:
Originally Posted by violetblonde View Post
While we're talking about TA and alternatives, how were your results/experience with Hamelin d'Abell in the end, Fuzzie? I noticed he put up this free live class that looks good

https://vimeo.com/127639594
Violetblonde - I completed 8 weeks of his first course last fall, doing each class 3x a week (along with daily Kundalini Yoga and a bit of dance-based stuff). It was a great program to bring back balance in my body as he works all muscle groups in a very systematic manner, varying the emphasis each week. Since I have been doing mostly TA streaming I miss Hamelin's thigh work and standing work. I would definitely consider doing another rotation!
fuzzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-15, 05:37 PM  
SuzieC

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzie View Post
And just when I think I'm over TA she pulls me back in... I tried week 23 and LOVED it More complex sequences, more angles, more interesting and challenging overall. I also loved the assistant instructor - one of her best for keeping track of the moves and demonstrating in the breakdown
I know! This week was really really great! Even the cardio seemed fresh. I was dripping sweat and loved all the rotations. She's still got it!
SuzieC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-15, 05:54 PM  
mizach
VF Supporter

I am excited to do Week 23 and looking forward to it.

Tags
ta streaming, tracy anderson, tracy anderson streaming