Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-31-10, 06:30 AM  
Inchworm

What's the trick to thinning/toning inner thighs? My butt/legs look good, BUT,

I'm happy with how my butt, outer thighs and legs look, but those stubborn inner thighs are annoying! I've been doing Brazillian Butt Lift and Bar Method/Exhale Core Fusions mostly. I don't do much cardio, but I sweat like crazy during Bum Bum. Is it the lack of cardio??? Any ideas on how to target this stubborn area? I do inner thigh lifts and feel them during High and Tight and also during some pelvic "back dancing" when knees and feet are pressed together for Bar Method.
I do recall the Firm it Up from SS, and she does some good inner thigh stuff, but is it really possible that that particular area NEEDS cardio to tone it?

Please enlighten me.

Thanks,

Kelly
Inchworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-10, 07:34 AM  
PeakFitness

well the very top of my inner thighs are always fat. It's just a fat storage area for me, always has been always will be. So I have firm muscle under the fat but there's still fat on top. So it requires weight loss to get the fat off, just toning it won't get the fat off. That's my story, anyway.
Old 05-31-10, 08:46 AM  
Helen S
VF Supporter

Cardio always helps to lose body fat all over. Some workouts that I noticed that are really good for the inner thighs are Karen's workout that uses a Pilates ring, FitPrime Strong Bear (I only have the original one with Tracie Long), and the stability ball section of Cathe's Lower Body Pyramid.
Old 05-31-10, 11:13 AM  
Mary09(b)

Weight loss or lipo.
Mary09(b) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-10, 11:23 AM  
KathAL79

Have you tried kettlebell swings? You'll work the inner thigh (plus more glutes and hamstrings, just to polish them off), and you'll burn off some fat. You need to go decently heavy with these; start with 15-20# or 8 kg. Your best bet is to find a trainer in person, but if not search for instructional clips from people like Anthony DiLuglio at Art of Strength or Lisa Shaffer and Lauren Brooks on YouTube.

Note: I have had a professional relationship with a vendor of health and fitness books and media. For details please see my profile.
KathAL79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-10, 01:18 PM  
sunday

Tonique 1 is one of the few workouts that gives me inner thigh DOMS like I can't believe.
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-10, 03:09 PM  
videofit

Tense your inner thigh and then pinch the area. Can you pinch a lot of fat? Do the same to another area, like outer thigh, to compare. I can pinch more on my inner thigh, especially the top half. I think most people hold fat there. If it's just fat, I agree with the previous poster who said diet or lipo.
Old 05-31-10, 07:29 PM  
Jane P.
VF Supporter

You really can't spot reduce. I found that doing lots of plies did help firm up the muscles underneath the area, but didn't help the fat on top. That's an area where many women's bodies store fat. Other than doing more cardio to reduce overall body fat, lipo is probably about it.
Jane P. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-10, 07:50 PM  
furmomof6

My shop wordforthesoulart.etsy.com

"For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come" (1 Timothy 4:8)
furmomof6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-10, 08:01 PM  
adrien_73

Walking/running for my main cardio seems to help me...along with kbells and endurance style strength for legs. Step aerobics and lifting heavy for LB seem to make that area look bigger/fatter on me. (well, actually my whole LB in general, not just inner thighs)
adrien_73 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
inner thighs