Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-11-09, 11:07 AM  
Gardengirl

Lalofit

Wow! Loved it! I dodged a bullet on P.I.N.K. and got Lalo instead! (Not to say that P.I.N.K. isn't good, Lalo was just way less of an investment! ) Slow and controlled, intervals (not puke in a bucket), functional, total body, sweatfest, good music, short (30 minutes of intervals)! I feel energized and not wiped out. (Am I gushing? I think I am - sorry! But this fits the style of workouts I'm looking for to a T!)

I only did the short warm up (which is the only negative for me) and the 30 minutes of intervals. I think the workout would have been better if he'd done some kind of active warm up instead of stretches. I skipped the stretches and did jump rope, jumping jacks, high knees, etc. Tomorrow I will do some other cardio and add on the 15 minutes of toning.

I think this one will fit in nicely with my BBC, Jillian, Cindy, Jackie, and other intervals!
Old 06-11-09, 11:17 AM  
laperez25

I have this one and I LOVE it!!!!! So much fun! I had DOMS the following day! And he's a HOTTIE

·´`·.(*·.¸(`·.¸ ¸.·´)¸.·*).·´`·
·´¨*·.¸¸ Ivy ¸¸.·*¨`·
·´`·.(¸.·´(¸.·* *·.¸)`·.¸).·´`·
laperez25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-09, 11:44 AM  
adrien_73

I absolutely LOVE this workout! We all must pester him daily until he releases more. Preferably a series...5-7 days worth of routines so we can admire him daily!
adrien_73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-09, 11:46 AM  
Snuckles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gardengirl View Post
I think this one will fit in nicely with my BBC, Jillian, Cindy, Jackie, and other intervals!
I plan to try Lalo tonight.

Judy have you come up with a rotation using the above videos? If so please share as we seem to have the same videos.
Snuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-09, 12:04 PM  
pcramer

"Judy have you come up with a rotation using the above videos? If so please share as we seem to have the same videos"

I totally agree, an interval rotation is in order
pcramer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-09, 12:22 PM  
adrien_73

OK, I have almost all of those interval workouts, though I sold my BBC. (I do have the academy series...wrapped!!!)

Sounds like a rotation is definitely in order!
adrien_73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-09, 12:24 PM  
antbuko

I did Lalofit this morning too, for the first time. I did my own warmup and continued on after the cardio intervals. I loved the music and Lalo's choice of exercises, but for me the jury is still out on this one and I'm not quite sure why. I'll have to do it a few more times before I make any rash decisions.
Old 06-11-09, 12:57 PM  
beth22

Oh man! I'm about to cave any second on this dvd!! It sounds so great!
beth22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-09, 01:52 PM  
Gardengirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcramer View Post
I totally agree, an interval rotation is in order
Yes, we definitely need an interval rotation . . . maybe a check-in too!

I kinda went on a buying spree! DH is away for about 3 weeks and I justified it because I'd be so lonley! (Okay, so that's a lie . . . but it was my rationalization!) Since I'm not having to cook for anyone else, I'd love to try and knock off 5-6 lbs while he's gone and needed some motivation (another rationalization). So, I got Petra's Cardio for Beginners that looks like fun lower impact, Lalo, 2 Day Turnaround, Kristy Rowberry's cardio & weights, and am even toying with the idea of retrying Kettlenetics!!!

My thoughts were to try and do an interval workout about 3 days per week and then to some cardio and weights 2-3 days per week. I'm adding extra cardio whenever I feel like it (or need it to get in my 10,000 steps). Trying to keep the workouts about 30 minutes each and do one or two per day. I'm just trying to keep the workouts short and simple and enjoy myself. I'm tired of busting my arse and being hungry and tired!
Old 06-11-09, 02:05 PM  
~^~RedFlame~^~
VF Supporter

I know my bank account is not going to be happy I asked this, but I have never heard of Lalo workouts. But since I am into quick and functional right now, this sounds interesting. Going to google him, but still looking for VF comments.

Proud GRADUATE of P90X!! TWICE Class 2007&2008!!
Burn Burn BUUUUURRRRRNNNN!

One's main goal in life is to give birth to oneself.
If you are not busy being born, you are busy dying!
~^~RedFlame~^~ is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lalo fuentes, lalofit