Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-25-20, 06:25 PM  
hdw
VF Supporter

Curious -- Why is your dr against PT? Then should you be working out with these DVDs since the exercises are PT-related.
hdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-20, 06:39 PM  
Pam

I have troubles with one knee and I highly recommend the Feeling Pretty Remarkable and the ReHab sets. My kneris feeling stronger than it has in many years.
Old 01-25-20, 07:35 PM  
cyana

Stacy - I'm not familiar with these DVD's, but wanted to send you a big ((hug)). Long time no see - missed you!

If your streaming is good, there are numerous physical therapists with videos on You Tube.

"I've decided to grow old disgracefully." - Twigs
cyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-20, 07:44 PM  
Eibhinn

Like so many others here, I'm not familiar with the DVDs you listed, but am a big fan of Strong Knees. My knees have started acting up lately, so this is all pretty fresh in my mind.

I got the Feeling Pretty Remarkable knee program in Mary's last sale at Totalfitnessdvds. It's pretty good, although I didn't find there was sufficient instruction for some of the exercises in the first level. My knees started hurting a bit after using it, so I decided to move down to Strong Knees, which I think is a bit easier than FPR.
Eibhinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-20, 12:40 AM  
Karen Beckwith
VF Supporter

I have Systems4knees and do it frequently. It's 12 Knee Strengthening exercises (5 sitting and 7 standing). My knees always feel stronger after I do them. The lady who leads the exercises says at the beginning you can do all the exercises in about 10 minutes. That's a lie. It's usually 30-40 minutes for me.

"Comfort zones are very often expanded by discomfort." - Mimi Solaire
Karen Beckwith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-20, 08:35 AM  
alisoncooks

I have the RehabZone Hip & Knee DVD. It has 4 levels, iirc. I did not care for the first level at all, though they did some of the moves I remembered from PT (after ACL surgery). But I did like the other levels. I don't reach for it much because I do my other RehabZone set almost daily (core and back) but I should pull it out more.

The production isn't high budget and the instructor is a little dorky/cheesy -- but I like him. They don't mirror cue so you really have to decide which side to work and just go with it (some of the instruction, especially in level 1, wasn't clear). Once I've done a level, I don't find them hard to follow at all. Super simple.

The levels are 25-28 min. (2 min intro). Exercises are things like: 1-leg Balance, IT stretch, bridge, heel slides, clam, squat, lots of stretches interspersed. Things in tabletop or on tummy occasionally.
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-20, 08:54 AM  
laurawd

Jill Miller, of TuneUp Fitness (formerly Yoga Tuneup) has a great 3-phase knee rehab video/DVD. Each phase is about 15-20 minutes long, progressively using more of the muscles around the knee. I recall a strong focus on ankle/foot flexibility and hip stability.
laurawd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-20, 10:06 AM  
dnna

I did not like System for knees at all, I thought it was long and tedious and so slow-it took a long time to complete the session.and I could easily do the exercises from a paper list printed at my PT in 10 or 15 minutes.
\I like Knee Therapy chapter one by Grow Young Fitness. There are 5 15 minute sessions , in order of difficulty and intensity, plus 3 bonus sessions. There are always sales and free shipping.

Last edited by dnna; 01-26-20 at 10:33 AM. Reason: spelling
dnna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-20, 10:54 AM  
Pam

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnna View Post
I did not like System for knees at all, I thought it was long and tedious and so slow-it took a long time to complete the session.and I could easily do the exercises from a paper list printed at my PT in 10 or 15 minutes.
\I like Knee Therapy chapter one by Grow Young Fitness. There are 5 15 minute sessions , in order of difficulty and intensity, plus 3 bonus sessions. There are always sales and free shipping.
Thanks Dnna for the recommendation of Grow Young Fitness. I am on Level 4 of FPR and ReHab Zone and was looking for DVDs that would take me further. I think using bands with the exercises will increase the intensity safety. When at their checkout, you are offered a 15% discount code, so my cost was $33.98.
Old 01-31-20, 07:01 PM  
stacydan

thanks so much for the recommendations everyone, I appreciate it so much!

I'm going to start with Strong Knees, and go slowly, it's still a little tender so I'll just be really careful and do what I can do.
stacydan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
knee, knee exercises, knee rehabilitation, knee strengthening, strong knees