Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-03-17, 07:39 AM  
kristieb726

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleda View Post
Well, I got an Ex Pass to a Mewtwo Raid. It's still in the beta testing phase. The first two batches were for the mall (Sprint stores) but they have branched out. I got one (and so did my dh) for the park we go to all the time. I was somewhat surprised - I thought that there would be a LOT more people. But there were only about 36-45 people. Not totally sure of the count. We split into 3 groups. Unlike the mall - we did it at 12:01 and then one straggler group went at about 12:10 p.m. If we weren't there by then we'dda been SOL. We did make it btw. (of course!)

I took pictures of the people just standing around. My son joined us (new to raiding - he started the day at level 14 and ended at level 20!) .... so he watched and said it really was kinda weird looking. Everyone standing around laughing, having a good time, tapping their phones!!! (One could truly feel the excitement/electricity in the air!) ...

I did NOT catch Mewtwo ... but dh did (so I'm super happy for him. !!) I took a screen shot (running joke when I go to catch a legendary - I take a screen shot so I can prove I got the chance!) I am quite confident that I'll get another chance at Mewtwo. (She says hopefully!)

But it wasn't a total waste of a day as my brother came out to play and got some new Pokemon for his Pokedex and my son made quite a few levels. I would love for them to get up into the 30ish levels so that we can all go out raiding together (would need a few more for legendaries, but we have a good team for lower level raids!) It just makes for fun times. AND we're walking and outside to boot. YAY ... win/win.

Oh and the second legendary dog came out. We get Entei and yes! i caught him. (even though we have a month to catch him - the pressure is now off.) So it was a good day.

The other bad part of the day? It went from the 90s two days ago, to the 60s yesterday with clouds, showers and terrible wind. IT WAS REALLY COLD. . . REALLy really cold. And we KNOW how much I love cold weather. NOT ...

The event goes on for 2 more days, so I hope to get out and walk/walk/walk. Here's the next semi-event in case anyone is interested (SO far no word of extra anything, but it could be fun!):

http://www.phillyvoice.com/pokemon-g...streets-event/

And that's it for now. Off to do some pokemon hunting!
Make it a great day.
Cleda
Lucky you Cleda for getting an EX Raid pass! I still haven't gotten one and at this point who the heck knows what the criteria is. I spent Sunday out raiding with friends and caught 6 Entei out of 8 raids. I'm grinding for XP to get to level 34....uggghhh. The good thing is that I live downtown and I'm surrounded by tons of gyms and pokestops so hopefully it won't take forever to make it over the hump. I've got my fingers crossed for a double XP event and of course I'm eyeballing my bag every week for an EX raid pass..lol.

Kris
kristieb726 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-17, 01:32 PM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Read 2 things

1) Halloween event again this year. ... So Kris your next level may be closer than you think

2) release of 6 ice type from gen 3 ...

More later when I'm home and on a real keyboard .
Cleda
Cleda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-17, 01:39 PM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Fringe rural

Kristie: we live in fringe rural and have to drive to everything. Luckily we have parks that we can go to and a great support group. (Sounds like Pokemon Go anonymous !!!! Hahahahahaha) 🙀🙀 between group me, discord and and Facebook,we usually go to a few raids per weekend day!! I don't know why it put in a double space, but it i'm on my iPad so I'm leaving it. Too tough to navigate!!!!

Entei: I am 11/20. Dh caught a perfect 100% IV Entei on Sunday. Boy was he a happy camper!!!! I was thrilled that one of the young men included me on my first entei raid with only FOUR people and we beat it!!!! Feather in my cap. I felt like a kid .... This old lady's got it going on. Earned respect of fellow raiders!!! Yep... It felt marvelous.

I CAUGHT A CORSALA while visiting my mom. Sooooo thrilled. Now. Need to find unown. For now I'll be happy with one. 😉

I had about a million stardust, over 400 rare candies and was almost maxed out on my storage bag for Pokemon. I had to do some powering up...so now I Have more strong fighters for raids and was able to stockpile a few balls for the trip down here!!!! I am back down to about 200k stardust and 300 rare candies.

I just evolved an eeve into umbreo.... When I did the renaming, had no idea what I was doing and the cp was awful. Now I know, so I'm buddying them up and walking.

My pokedex is complete except for overseas regionals and the 3 they have not yet released. I have the silhouette of mewtwo since he got away (and silhouettes of the overseas regionals as I saw them in gyms) and of course unown. A friend mentioned no more ex aid passes I'll December . Not sure where he heard that.... But he's usually spot on with info. That's a bummer.

Yep... Every level gets harder and harder to make !!!! Im churning and grinding to get to level 36!!!!!!! Not holding my breath. Even with raiding with lucky eggs, mass evolve and walking. It takes forever.... But, I'm in a good spot with a good Pokemon army, so I'm ok with it.

And obviously ... Anyone reading this now knows I spend wayyyyyy too much Time and energy on this game!!!!!! Thank heavens there's steps involved!!!!
Old 10-13-17, 11:03 AM  
Sue B
VF Supporter

Congrats on all the great catches!

I *finally* got into a raid that wasn't marked private. Of course it helped I was the only one there, lol. I was waiting in line at McD's and the trainee cashier was taking forever, so I opened PG and was just in time for a raid at the gym next door. It was an egg and out came a Magmar, so I took y'all's advice and googled "how to fight a Magmar" and saw a lot of Pokemon I didn't have or even recognize. So I winged it, of course I got slaughtered, but at least I know what to expect now. Plus it made the time waiting in line go a lot faster!

This game is the best thing ever for walking since the Walkman, and I love how they keep adding events to keep it fresh. I've been getting a ton of extra steps that I wouldn't otherwise because if I'm running an errand or waiting in a waiting room or something and there's a gym or Pokestop nearby, I'll quickly dash over there. No apologies, it's for my health

Drop Two Sizes, Fit Body Blueprint, STRONG Eat. Lift. Thrive. and Revamp grad

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Sue B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-17, 11:11 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

I love reading stuff like this

Makes me Sooooo happy.

I found a park down here an still. Need 2k,steps and poke balls. Already told mom!!! And that's my morning walk tomorrow!!!

Life is good.
Cleda
Old 10-20-17, 03:33 PM  
Sue B
VF Supporter

The Halloween event has begun! I want one of those witch-hatted Pikachu. I collected the Santa hat, party hat and Ash hat ones and evolved them all into Rychu.

I also downloaded Poke Genie; thanks Cleda for the tip. I went through and weeded out a bunch of pokemon yesterday before finding out that I could've gotten double candy if I'd waited 24 hours; oh well. I also conquered 2 gyms today. One only lasted about 5 minutes since it's at the public library which is overrun with kids since school is closed today, but the other is still red.

Happy Halloween hunting!

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Old 10-21-17, 09:19 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

I should have

posted about the Halloween event (my group was a buzz about it). . . and that would have helped you Sue to get the double candies. . . .

I love the events. I already have 3 Pikachus with their witch's hats and all the new ones. Evolved them this a.m. (3 new ones and 2 evolutions). I don't think Sableye evolves? but there is a SHINY form of him. ... so be on the look out.

I want to make my next level (36) .... I need a million more ... eee gads. I better get out walking.

And I think it's the last week for Entei ... he goes away on the 30th (i think).

Ok, so I'm off to hit the treadmill so I can go pokemon-ing. Supposed to be gorgeous this weekend.

Cleda
Old 10-21-17, 09:22 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Gym huntr

Sue: I probably already mentioned this - but there's also Gym Huntr so you can at least see where gyms are located. (I use the web based one) They have updated their website as well so now it also shows pokestops (it did NOT when I was in FL). The app always defaults to California when You open it up, but ..... I

Just type in the location you want and click the magnifying glass and it will take you to that place. Then you can look around and see what's available. (this is so you can place pokemon in gyms and collect the free coins for the day). Do not hit scan - as it doesn't seem to do much?!? But tell you that you can't scan for another 120 seconds? at least that's how mine was working.

Cleda
Old 10-22-17, 12:33 PM  
Sue B
VF Supporter

Thank you for the Gym Huntr tip. I know most of the gyms around where I live, including which ones are almost always red and have open slots. But the site will come in handy when visiting my parents and running errands for them. I discovered 2 gyms in their area on Friday. One was already red and the other was yellow and easily beaten The 2 Pokemon I planted at them lasted nearly 24 hours, so I might drop by there again today. I wanna make some coin to buy those super incubators, I was so spoiled by them!

My daughter has been a Pokemon fan for ages; when she was in grade school, I (and other moms) walked around during the day with her Pokewalker that came with HeartGold/SoulSilver. Anyway she was telling me all about the new Pokemon that came out for Halloween, and some of it was TMI! Did you know, for instance, that Sableye is based on the Hopkinsville Goblin, an alleged UFO attack in Kentucky in the 1950's, and it eats rocks to power its gemstone eyes to steal people's spirits.

Banette is even creepier: it's described as a "pitiful plush doll that was thrown away" but in other games, anime etc. it is determined to find and take revenge on the child that dumped it Just something nice to think about while carting my kids' old toys to the dump

Old 10-24-17, 05:51 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

You're very welcome

That is quite creepy about Banette and Sableye. But it's also cool that our kids like to fill us in on all the little things about the game (that I would otherwise never know!) .... i.e. Kid told me Wheezing and Kofling were originally named NYC and LA or something like that ....

I am having a ball on this event. I'm thrilled. Grinding my way and hoping to make level 36. It's not easy. I need less than a million at this point. Dh said he needed ttars this weekend, so that was our focus. My group had posted one at 8 a.m. on Sunday so I got him out of bed and off we went. Somehow in my area and group, one raid leads to another and another and another. We went from TTar to Entei to Entei to Entei to several loops at the park. We had to head home for a family dinner at 1 p.m. and then the family headed to the park to walk after dinner as several players were among us! We caught the ghost ones (got the badge) I got a badge for 50 pikachu (never pass up a pikachu, especially a hatted special event one!) I hatched a baby pichu (with the hat on ) and I did a mass evolve, getting 55k XP (highest in one mass evolve for me!!!)

One of my fellow raiders showed up in her halloween costume which is a full size blow up Pikachu! It's priceless. . . And I got a picture of us all trooping down the road to get 3 wild Onix! I so thoroughly enjoy this game.

Last night, I showed up for a raid that I THOUGHT was a Charizard. Come to find out it was an Entei .... There were 4 of us (Levels 35, 34, 32 and 31) ... If the two lower level 30s were a tad higher we could have taken him down. But I put out a (desparate) plea/post for more and one level 26 showed up and we were able to take him down! The guy was at a store, just up the road over a bridge, read the Group Me post and came running down. We had 5 minutes left on Entei when we went in and we took him down with only 20 seconds left. lol. I have done Entei (my first one) with 4 people, but it has to be 4 STRONG players ... Anyway ...... Was so thrilled because the guy who had originally got the group together did NOT have an Entei (he does now) he was 0/8 and now he's 1/9!!!

who would have thought ...????

Onward .... I keep getting the double candy and farming this event. Level 36 - here I come ....

Cleda

Tags
active gaming, apps, pokemon, pokemon go, walking apps