Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-11-16, 08:36 PM  
Sue B
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cher View Post
I followed my DS around town Saturday looking for Pokemon and racked up about 5,000 extra steps.....and I already h ad my 10,000 for the day prior to that!
Wow! I did about 14,000 again today with my daughter, and she saw five of her friends out hunting. This is a fun game, and we badly need some positivity this summer.

Drop Two Sizes, Fit Body Blueprint, STRONG Eat. Lift. Thrive. and Revamp grad

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Sue B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-16, 09:30 PM  
Cher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue B View Post
Wow! I did about 14,000 again today with my daughter, and she saw five of her friends out hunting. This is a fun game, and we badly need some positivity this summer.
Wow, that's great! Since my son is 19 and decided to go with his friends to play the game and didn't really want his mom following him all over town again, I broke down and decided to download the app myself on my phone. My husband and I had alot of fun tonight running all around town tonight catching Pokemon! We even found a really rare one that my son didn't have so, of course, as soon as he got home I had to tell him what I found...haha!
Cher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-16, 10:00 PM  
Vantreesta

I don't get it. What is the game about?
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-16, 11:00 PM  
at120

This pretty much sums it up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWDDBlYJHro
at120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-16, 11:17 PM  
Vantreesta

I still don't get it. Do I need the volume on or smthg?

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Old 07-12-16, 12:03 AM  
LynnO
VF Supporter

If I'm a casual gamer who never learned how to operate traditional gaming controls, or pokeman, is it easy to figure out? My dog walks are super slow, this might entertain me.
LynnO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-16, 06:31 AM  
kristieb726

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantreesta View Post
I still don't get it. Do I need the volume on or smthg?
It's a geolocation game. It's not a new idea or the first of its kind, but it's getting a lot of hype because it's Pokemon. Think of it as a high tech scavenger hunt with a little battle thrown in for good measure. Just pay attention where you're walking as you'll be distracted hunting down your monster. Have fun if you decide to play!

Kris
kristieb726 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-16, 07:35 AM  
Vantreesta

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristieb726 View Post
It's a geolocation game. It's not a new idea or the first of its kind, but it's getting a lot of hype because it's Pokemon. Think of it as a high tech scavenger hunt with a little battle thrown in for good measure. Just pay attention where you're walking as you'll be distracted hunting down your monster. Have fun if you decide to play!

Kris
Okay, I think I get it now. Thanks, Kris!

Old 07-12-16, 07:43 AM  
Cher

Quote:
Originally Posted by LynnO View Post
If I'm a casual gamer who never learned how to operate traditional gaming controls, or pokeman, is it easy to figure out? My dog walks are super slow, this might entertain me.
I thinknyou could. I figured it out pretty easy but I did ask my son a few things. When you start the app, It will sort of teach you how to get catch a Pokemon. Basically, once you get started, there will be a little bar in the bottom right corner of your screen. You tap on that it it will show you Pokemon that are near you. The most it will show is 3 foot prints if it's close enough, the closer you get, the foot prints will drop to 2 then 1. No foot prints means it's right by you. Back out of that screen and you should see the Pokemon with 0 footprints on your map (If you were moving very fast, sometimes it takes a few seconds after you stop for it to show up). When you see it, tap on it to engage it in being caught. A pokeball will show up on your screen and you swipe it towards the Pokemon until you catch it.
Cher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-16, 08:09 AM  
Pie
VF Supporter

My kids just started using this. They have been getting outside walking around everyday since.....

Results are not made in the Comfort Zone........ - Mike Karpenko
Pie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
active gaming, apps, pokemon, pokemon go