Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 12-20-10, 07:35 PM  
kitty12

Rockin Models for me
kitty12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-10, 05:54 AM  
fuzzie
VF Supporter

I find that my inner thighs build up when I overdo exercises that specifically target the inner thighs (like those having you squeeze a ball betwenn the knees). I get better results when I follow a well-balanced routine that includes some back dancing and lots of 2nd position pliés.
fuzzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-10, 10:22 AM  
Ann1964

A year ago I was doing P57 express ones maybe 2-3x a week a long with running & my inner thighs slimmed down a lot. I had a pair of pants that I kept for a month & was going to take back cause they were too tight in the inner thighs. I tried them on before I took back and bingo they fit great!

Sadly, I have gained it back! I will be working on it again.

Note to self- do not stray away from what works for you.
Ann1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-10, 10:40 AM  
mj476

Thanks for your suggestions.

I did Pure Barre (original) this morning and did feel it somewhat in my inner thighs. It felt like there were lots of tucks, plies and knee pressbacks which seemed to help. I usually like larger range of motion barre workouts but sometimes the small pulsing really gets in there. I haven't pulled this out in a long time and forgot what a great workout this is.

I haven't heard anyone mention Tonique Mat. Anyone have good results with it? I think it would be great. I've only done it once in its entirety. I usually break it up and do a section as an add-on.

Ann - Thanks for the P57 Express suggestion. I might try that tomorrow.

Marcy
Old 12-21-10, 10:40 AM  
gigi

Surprisingly, P57 Arms & Abs Booster works my inner thighs quite a lot with all the ball squeezes.
Old 12-21-10, 10:52 AM  
mj476

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigi View Post
Surprisingly, P57 Arms & Abs Booster works my inner thighs quite a lot with all the ball squeezes.
Forgot about that one. I do remember it working the inner thighs quite well.

Marcy
Old 12-21-10, 12:17 PM  
alikruegs
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzie View Post
I find that my inner thighs build up when I overdo exercises that specifically target the inner thighs (like those having you squeeze a ball betwenn the knees). I get better results when I follow a well-balanced routine that includes some back dancing and lots of 2nd position pliés.
I agree that too much ball squeezing can build up the inner thighs. The best inner thigh work IMO, focuses on working the inner thighs when the legs are fully extended (so that you're trying to lengthen your legs and squeeze the inner thigh at the same time). A good example of this is the inner thigh series on the Fluidity Advanced dvd, and there is a similar one in one of the Fluidity Real Classes (I don't remember which Real Class off the top of my head). Also, there are some good inner thigh segments in some of Grace Lazenby's IBallets and IStretch Combinations. I don't have my computer files with me right now, but just happened to be looking at the PDF of IBallet 4 yesterday, and that looked like it had some nice moves included for the inner thighs. I'm sure there are others Itrains; I just don't have access to them right now (my computer is being fixed).

ETA: Not a barre workout, but Karen Voight's Pilates workout with the magic circle is pretty good and very focused on the inner thighs. At least this is what I remember, I haven't done it in a while because I am rarely focusing on the inner thighs.
Old 12-21-10, 01:30 PM  
traceym1

[QUOTE=alikruegs;1692275]I agree that too much ball squeezing can build up the inner thighs. The best inner thigh work IMO, focuses on working the inner thighs when the legs are fully extended (so that you're trying to lengthen your legs and squeeze the inner thigh at the same time). A good example of this is the inner thigh series on the Fluidity Advanced dvd, and there is a similar one in one of the Fluidity Real Classes (I don't remember which Real Class off the top of my head). Also, there are some good inner thigh segments in some of Grace Lazenby's IBallets and IStretch Combinations. I don't have my computer files with me right now, but just happened to be looking at the PDF of IBallet 4 yesterday, and that looked like it had some nice moves included for the inner thighs. I'm sure there are others Itrains; I just don't have access to them right now (my computer is being fixed).

It is Fluidity Real class III and it is a good one. Essentrics has you working the inner thigh with your leg extended also.
Tracey
traceym1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-10, 02:18 PM  
Jane P.
VF Supporter

I guess I should have been more clear about my own experience with problem inner thighs. I tightened up the muscles in the area by doing lots of plies (bodyweight only). This made a noticeable difference. I also dieted, and that made even more of a difference. If I gain weight, the inner thighs are one of the first places where I feel it. So, for me, it's about diet. I'd say make the muscles firm, but don't make them grow.

Looking at the clips of the upcoming Tracie Long workouts, it looks like there's some good inner thigh work in one of them.
Old 12-21-10, 06:40 PM  
leslie w
VF Supporter

It's been awhile since I've done it but I have Tonique Mat and I didn't really feel it worked my inner thighs. I was surprised Tonique 1 worked them though. I was sore the next day. Though, I don't recall her targeting those muscles all that much.

I know it's not barre, but some of the side lunges Cathe does with paper plates give me wicked DOMS in that area!
leslie w is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
barre, inner thighs