Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-19-16, 09:16 PM  
Genevieve M

recommendations for at-home barre?

Hi,

I fell off the fitness wagon and, after a year, am ready to get back on. This time, I would like to try The Bar Method On-line,and some other vids or streaming.

For those that do the same, what type of at-home barre do you like? What should I stay away from?

Thanks for any info you can give.
Genevieve M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-16, 11:10 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

I have a Fluidity barre and I love it! It's very sturdy and I use it for barre, Essentrics, & general stretching. I bought it used for a fraction of the cost of a new one.

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-16, 02:03 AM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogapam View Post
I have a Fluidity barre and I love it! It's very sturdy and I use it for barre, Essentrics, & general stretching. I bought it used for a fraction of the cost of a new one.
ditto, including cost.

if i bought the Fluidity barre and had them ship it here, the shipping alone would be astronomical. i found a craigslist seller selling the whole shebang, still NIB, for $75. i wrote about it in a thread here on VF too!

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-16, 03:01 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

I bought my Fluidity on Craiglist for $60 in almost perfect condition. It included dvds and a ball. Very sturdy, but quite heavy. However, it it's very well constructed so it's fairly easy to fold and move because it has small wheels. Definitely check Craigslist before you spring on a new one - should you decide on Fluidity.
Old 10-20-16, 04:04 AM  
beyond.omega
VF Supporter

Like others, I love my Fluidity. And where it is set up in my living room, it is great to use for stretches throughout the day too. It's really sturdy but still compact enough to leave out.

I have to admit though, when VFers posted about Cathe Friedrich's Fit Tower that came out earlier this year, I was intrigued by it. On the other hand, maybe you get the Fluidity now for cheap on Craigslist and the Fit Tower in a couple years when people decide to unload it on the secondary market.
beyond.omega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-16, 06:30 AM  
Nuggie's Auntie

I wrote a post on my blog about different barres, which you can read here. And FYI, Bar Method online is offering a month free!
Nuggie's Auntie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-16, 07:41 AM  
Lannette

Fluidity bar! I paid full price back when it was first introduced and it's been worth every penny. You can no doubt pick up one used. Unlike the new Supreme Pilates you can easily leave it partially set up and in less than a minute you're set to go.

It's a very solid piece of equipment. I have a wall where I could have put a bar but prefer my Fluidity.

Do you really want to look back on your life and see how wonderful it could have been had you not been afraid to live it? - Caroline Myss
Lannette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-16, 07:42 AM  
Demeris

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogapam View Post
This, except I bought my new, from the infomercial, 10+ years ago.
Demeris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-16, 07:53 AM  
sbh

My DH made me this barre. I have been using it for ballet class for almost 2 years now.

http://createbellacreate.blogspot.co...let-barre.html
sbh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-16, 09:05 AM  
antbuko

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbh View Post
My DH made me this barre. I have been using it for ballet class for almost 2 years now.

http://createbellacreate.blogspot.co...let-barre.html
Sherry, I am saving your blog post for when I get good and ambitious!

Tags
sawhorse barre