Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-21-14, 09:36 AM  
Vee

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHKWriter View Post
Wow, this is all kind of amazing; I feel like I should start unloading DVDs.

Two questions:
1) Are there reviews of these sits?
2) Is there any way to stream on an old-style TV?

Thanks!
Donna H
Donna,

1. A few reviews have been added at VF:
http://www.videofitness.com/reviewsd..._cat.php?id=35 (oops - no sites have been actually reviewed yet!)

Many GD threads have opinions on specific streaming sites. Popular ones that have threads dedicated to them that I recall are Suzanne Bowen, daily born, gymbox, Cathe Live, udaya, myyogaonline, yogatoday, yogaglo, fitnessglo.

2. Depends on how old your tv is. You will need to look at the input options in the back and check if your computer or tablet is compatible to hook into any of them.
Vee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-14, 11:46 AM  
Yelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by olala View Post
EMG Live Fitness is fantastic!
Especially Jeni-Barre and Piloxing classes, mix of Fusion fitness, Cardio Barre and Tracy Mallett Barre , high paces advanced workouts. Jeni has about 50 workouts.
Really amazing site, one workout is 2$, not downloadable.
Music is fantastic too, the best probably from all streaming sites.
I just checked out their previews, and they look AMAZING! You are right - the music is SO good. I really think I may have to subscribe
Yelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-14, 12:47 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaia View Post
I just checked out their previews, and they look AMAZING! You are right - the music is SO good. I really think I may have to subscribe
My goodness - how did I not know about this site??

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-14, 02:22 PM  
thaispice

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmissa View Post
I put this in the bargain thread, but I'll post here as well. They're currently running a promotion on living social.

Fit Fusion Streaming deal $10-$30
You can also use ebates5 to get $5 off $15

https://m.livingsocial.com/deals/123...m_source=blast

You love changing up your exercise routine, but moving stacks of fitness DVDs around your living room is a workout in itself. With this deal, enjoy unlimited access to more than 120 hours of workout inspiration and guidance on all your devices:

• $10 ($30 value) for a 3-month subscription
• $19 ($60 value) for a 6-month subscription
• $35 ($120 value) for a 12-month subscription

Any Workout, Any Time You Want
Perfect for hardcore fitness fanatics and exercise novices alike, FitFusion grants you access to more than 250 workouts like HIT, boot camp, kickboxing, dance, yoga, and Pilates, all led by some of America's top trainers and athletes like Jillian Michaels, Tara Stiles, Billy Blanks, and more. Best of all, you can make working out work for your schedule -- you'll be able to stream content 24/7 via your iPad, iPhone, desktop computer, TV, Chromecast, and Apple TV.
I was really intrigued by this offer. Does anyone have any experience with it? I'm assuming it's not downloadable -- is that correct?
thaispice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-14, 02:40 PM  
Pratima
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaispice View Post
I was really intrigued by this offer. Does anyone have any experience with it? I'm assuming it's not downloadable -- is that correct?
Their site says they are, but I haven't yet figured out how. It seems like it might be through their app. I did buy the subscription deal--figured I could try Zuzka, Donavanik, and JNL Fusion cheap!

DISCLOSURE: I have professional relationships with several producers of fitness videos and related products; please see my profile for details.
Pratima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-14, 03:02 PM  
laurajhawk

Active codes for Udaya.com include "friendsandfamily" to drop the price to $9/month, and "Caley" for a free month (BUT I have the impression that if you get the free month, you cannot then use the friendsandfamily code).

I believe that "friendsandfamily" will finally expire at the end of September.

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-14, 03:03 PM  
topfitmama

spirofit has workouts from several instructors, including Ana Caban, Tamilee Webb, Stephanie Vitorino, Keli Roberts, Tracey Mallett...

It's $20/ month for a full membership, $7/month for one genre (Pilates, Bosu, Yoga) or $5/month for one instructor.

I really like Tracey Mallett's workouts on there. Too bad they aren't downloadable as I don't have access to the internet in my workout room.
topfitmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-14, 04:48 PM  
thaispice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pratima View Post
Their site says they are, but I haven't yet figured out how. It seems like it might be through their app. I did buy the subscription deal--figured I could try Zuzka, Donavanik, and JNL Fusion cheap!
I'm tempted by the fact that they have Donavanik too! Did you buy the 3, 6, or 12 month subscription?
thaispice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-14, 05:07 PM  
Pratima
Exchange Moderator

I bought the 12 month. Shopdiscover had an extra discount, so it comes out to less than $3 a month.

DISCLOSURE: I have professional relationships with several producers of fitness videos and related products; please see my profile for details.
Pratima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-14, 03:48 AM  
Yelly

Yoga Downloads has a Groupon deal that I listed in the initial post:

Groupon Deal: http://www.groupon.com/deals/yogadownload-com-16 $15.99/THREE months (regularly $24) OR $29.99/year (regularly $90) PLUS use Ebates for another 6% cash back!
Yelly is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
streaming