Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-25-13, 09:48 PM  
kristiep

I've been a member since the fall of 2012 (the 3-at-time plan), and I've been very happy. I live in Georgia, and Kflix is in Montana. It takes longer than Blockbuster or Netflix to receive DVDs because Kflix doesn't have the larger companies' distribution hubs. On average, it takes 3-4 days for Kflix to receive DVDs back, then 3-5 days for me to get my next selection. I'm one of those people who does a workout 1-2x, then sends it back because (1) I want others to be able to try the DVD, (2) I know if I like/dislike after two workouts, and (3) I am anxious to get the next selection on my list.

I've been impressed with the selection. It's allowed me to try whole systems (e.g. 10 Minute Trainer, Brazil Butt Lift, PeakFit) before I decided to buy them -- or not. It's also exposed me to new trainers like Kelly Coffey-Meyer who is one of my new favorites.

Give it a try.
kristiep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-13, 11:03 PM  
wellnesswife

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaia View Post
Oh yeah, definitely! I love them - the ladies who run it are super sweet
Another vote for Kineticflix!! Love it & 3 Dvd plan is the way to go so you always have something new!

Great selection...expensive Dvd sets too
wellnesswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-13, 11:24 PM  
Tripmom

I agree that kineticflix is great with awesome customer service. My only complaint is that sometimes it can take a very,very long time... Sometimes months to get a highly requested DVD! I have given up a few times and just bought the DVD.
Tripmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-13, 02:17 PM  
flowerpotcat

I agree with everyone. They have a great CS as well as the selection! If you can't find what you want you can request them to get it. It also takes time to send/receive the dvds. But this helped me from buying dvds that i thought i might like but really wont use.
flowerpotcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-13, 07:23 PM  
DHKWriter
VF Supporter

I joined a few months ago and I love it. I'm on the East Coast, so I do three at a time, and I feel like they stagger pretty well. I do try to do the DVD as soon as I get it so that I can send it back in a timely manner. If you're someone who always "forgets" to send back, it could get frustrating, I think. Though it takes a while, I feel like I have a steady influx of new workouts and I've definitely saved myself some expensive purchases.

The other benefit, I've found, is that I'm much pickier about workouts when I now I haven't already put out the money. If something comes and it's just okay, I'm fine with admitting that and saying I don't want it, rather than trying to figure out if I might do it again and if I should hang onto it for a while.

Their selection is absolutely excellent, too.

Donna H
Old 01-26-13, 07:37 PM  
tytbody
VF Supporter

I joined and so far. So good. I don't know what took me so long but I'm glad now to try. What a difference in your feelings once you know you don't have to keep something you don't like.

~~~Cheryl

Completed a 10 day Pilates Challenge 2019
Completed Pilates 7 day Challenge 2019

Live Life Simply -Simply Love Life
tytbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-13, 07:43 PM  
hotncmom

Quote:
My only complaint is that sometimes it can take a very,very long time... Sometimes months to get a highly requested DVD!
This is the main reason I ended my subscription. The only DVD's I was sent were second tier DVD's that I just was mildly interested in. The ones I really wanted to try I never got. I just gave up. At this point there are very few things I am actually really interested in, having gotten to the point where I have a large collection and almost everything coming out looks like something I already have. And the second tier stuff will just stay at the bottom because I have so many workouts already I can just rotate through.

Some of us could probably combine our collections and start Kineticflix East!
hotncmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-13, 02:18 AM  
Sari Lerch

KineticFlix promo code

I'm a member of KineticFlix and am loving it. They have added a couple of my requests right away. Just let them know if the newest, highly requested titles sit at the top of your list for a while and they will try to help. It's hit and miss when DVDs return and when you are due for something new. But that's how it is with my local movie rental place too. I used promo code FLIX12 for half off my first month of KineticFlix rentals. I've saved tons of money!!!
Sari Lerch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-13, 11:37 AM  
afirmrose

I have recently started using it and love it.

-----------------------------------------------
"Oxygen is free. Breath it in!" Jennifer Galardi DOTI Hip Hop Party

"A 30-minute workout is just 2% of your day. No excuses." Clubz

Lisa Shaffer 2013 10,000 Kettlebell Swing challenge completed.
afirmrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-13, 11:45 AM  
tytbody
VF Supporter

Sucks for east coast. I've been waiting 2 weeks now for just my second shipment. Took 2 weeks turn around time for 2 dvds. The first week I signed up, I got two a week later, on a Saturday. I viewed them, sent them back on Monday. They did not receive them until the next Monday and tuesday. They sent out the next one (1) On friday and it's not here yet. !!

~~~Cheryl

Completed a 10 day Pilates Challenge 2019
Completed Pilates 7 day Challenge 2019

Live Life Simply -Simply Love Life
tytbody is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fitness dvd rentals, kineticflix