Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-15-15, 03:41 PM  
cooldham

Another fitnessglo rave

If you are on the fence about fitness glo, I really do encourage you to at least sign up for the free trial and check it out. This is the most like attending a live class as any workout experience I’ve ever tried, and since there is much you can try a new workout every time. I love this aspect because it keeps the workouts feeling so fresh and no dread because I don’t know what’s coming next, just like a live class! I had really fallen off the workout wagon due an extended bout with pneumonia and bronchitis this past spring and it’s been so great to have all these fun workouts available, no gym required!

CONTENT: Especially if you like STEP, this is for you!! Enough new step just isn’t released for my taste. One of the things I can find frustrating about step workouts is too many new/crazy moves…I used to have this great DVD player that would let me rewind by 30 seconds and replay and I think that is how I learned most of my moves. I’m definitely a HUGE Cathe fan and can do most of her choreography. Christi is also doable for me. The step routines at fitness glo are more that level , no Amy or Seasun here. It can be a *little* repetitive, slow to build, maybe too much TIFTing but I don’t mind because the next day I can do a new workout! I’ve also really enjoyed the strength workouts. Honestly, there is SO MUCH content it will take me ages to try a cross-section of everyhing.

TECHNICAL: I am using it on my Roku and have only had technical difficulties twice when the sound went out on a workout. I sent an email to customer suppor and they recommended I check certain settings. I never got around to it and the second time the problem occurred, I fastforwarded/rewound and the sound started working again.

TIME: They have tons of workouts that clock in at 30 and 45 minutes. This is perfect for me on a busy weekday morning.

MUSIC: I’m really liking it. It’s better than your typical workout music, not pop music you would hear in a Les Mills class but enjoyable and noticeable without being overwhelming.

CAMERA: Focuses straight on at the instructor.

OTHER: No “sexy’ chatter. Michelle D. did say something about working for good-looking legs but none of the bikini talk (hate that stuff). if you’re using a Roku, you can login to your account online and select some favorites so you don’t have to surf around too much deciding on content.
Old 01-15-15, 07:32 PM  
cecififi

I subscribed for about 3 mths because I love Amy Dixon. Michelle Dozois was an instructor on there too when I signed up. It was great while I did it. Lots of variety and varying levels of workouts.
cecififi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-16, 01:46 PM  
JENILU

Old thread alert

Hi. Is anyone still using fitness glow? Do they still add workouts regularly?I took a break form my yoga subscription because ti was getting difficult with recovering form surgery, and all my buddies in there are signing up for the teacher training and i couldn't right now, so it had me depressed. Hubbie said I could try out something else during that time, so i am considering Fitnessglo, Suzanne Bowen or Yoga with Adriene. I realize they are different. just want to try something new that feals good. (not into strict barre by the way, so nothing that only fits that catagory). Shold I post this elsewhere? i am mainly interested in Fitnessglo, but looking for other opinions as well. Sorry!

If You Argue for Your Limitations, You Get to Keep Them!

"Accept responsibility for your life. Know it is you who will get you where you want to go, noone else." Les Brown
JENILU is offline   Reply With Quote