Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Vendor Comments/Reviews

Old 03-21-17, 08:34 AM  
horsemom2

Grokker

I had cancelled during a free trial and received a confirmation email.
My account says that it expires on an invalid date so someone may have entered the date incorrectly.

They have since billed me for two more months.
Just a warning to check your bills for subscriptions!

Barb S
horsemom2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-17, 01:32 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

thanks Barb for the warning. did they reverse the charges?

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-17, 02:22 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Barb, I'm sorry this happened to you and I hope you'll be able to get your money back.

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-17, 02:43 PM  
horsemom2

I notified them yesterday as soon as I received my credit card bill.

They are supposed to respond within 24 hours but have not so I sent them another email after I saw I also was billed for my next credit card cycle for another month. Still no response.

Tomorrow mid day, I plan to contact my credit card company if the 2 charges have not been reimbursed and to try to stop another charge next month.

This is very disappointing to me because I thought they had good customer service and will make me very wary about subscribing to other fitness sites.

Barb S
Old 03-21-17, 08:11 PM  
horsemom2

GROKKER is giving me a refund but are claiming I had subscribed again although I did not. There was no way for me to know my account was still active plus no way to cancel again when I checked my account after I saw my credit card bill so there was a glitch on their end.

Bottomline, check you credit card/paypal accounts.

Barb S
Old 03-21-17, 09:36 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Barb, I'm glad to hear you'll be getting a refund, phew! That's why I'm scare of those free trial offers.

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Old 03-22-17, 06:59 AM  
Rhonda

I don't do paypal at all anymore. I was hacked and heard others having issues with them that I decided it is safer not to bother with them and at the time paypal was not easy to deal with.
Rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-17, 07:31 AM  
horsemom2

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsSweetAsSugar View Post
Barb, I'm glad to hear you'll be getting a refund, phew! That's why I'm scare of those free trial offers.
They said they do not give refunds but made an exception since I did not visit the website much. I only visited to try to fix the glitch!
Anyway it now says my membership Expired so hopefully no more future charges which I was more concerned about than the refund.

I had trouble with that site even when I was registering for the Free Trial at the special price ($9 a month) so their IT is not user friendly.

Barb S
Old 03-22-17, 02:15 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Quote:
Originally Posted by horsemom2 View Post
They said they do not give refunds but made an exception since I did not visit the website much. I only visited to try to fix the glitch!
Anyway it now says my membership Expired so hopefully no more future charges which I was more concerned about than the refund.

I had trouble with that site even when I was registering for the Free Trial at the special price ($9 a month) so their IT is not user friendly.

Barb S
Barb, I hope it is resolved for good, and there will not be more future charges for you.

Old 03-25-17, 11:50 AM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by horsemom2 View Post
i remembered about this, and wondered if their site software deemed it as another "registration" order?

yikes! of all the sites, this was the one i was considering joining since i loved the Ellen footage. i wonder if Ellen is aware of it?

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
grokker