Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-06-09, 08:27 PM  
afirmrose

So far I plan on getting this set. I hope it is not too expensive.
afirmrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-09, 08:47 PM  
Sancho
VF Supporter

Location: My body is in Louisville but my heart is in Atlanta
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lissa View Post
Doesn't he say "He's not drinking the 6 pack, he's wearing it"? It was kind of difficult to hear, but he was making a drink motion with his hand.

~Lissa
I like that quote even better! I need to get it right for my tag line.

L
Sancho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-09, 09:20 PM  
Lissa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sancho View Post
I like that quote even better! I need to get it right for my tag line.

L

There u go

No beer in these abs!! LOL!!
Lissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-09, 09:29 PM  
Dawn3

No interest at all....just the clip of him drove me nuts!
Old 05-07-09, 05:24 AM  
cardio.junkie

I need a second job for all of these awesome workouts...UGH.... I think it looks great!!
cardio.junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-09, 06:13 AM  
acescholar

Wow, looks great!!

The workout looks pretty good too

In all seriousness, this has my interest -- I better not blow my workout budget over the summer!
acescholar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-09, 06:16 AM  
bearcatfan

Based on what little we know, anyone care to guess the main differences between Insanity and RevAbs?

I've already preordered STS Cardio. Now I wonder if I want either of these, too.
Old 05-07-09, 08:21 AM  
jhsimpson

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearcatfan View Post
Based on what little we know, anyone care to guess the main differences between Insanity and RevAbs?
ShaunT (T3: Tuck Tighten Tone) going old school with burpees and high kicks that make the NYC rockettes look like a JV pep squad. The program title should probably carry some "Surgeon General warning" message.

Brett Hoebel (Capoeira Cartwheel Crunchmaster) from the teaser clip he is showing off his Brazilian martial-arts knowledge while the background exercisers are sticking to the basics.

From what I've been able to figure out the release date of Insanity is first. Unsure about RevAbs some have mentioned 3Q or 4Q of this year.

Knowing BeachBody/Product Partners - They usually stagger their release cycle to one major focus a quarter. 4Q'08 = Project You Type 2, 1Q = CLX and 2Q = Shakeology / Insanity. Granted PYT2 and Shakeology are TeamBeachBody items only (Network/Coach side).
jhsimpson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-09, 08:25 AM  
Castella

It seems to me that all the moves shown in the clip could be incorporated into a single workout (I'm not including the special Instructor Only Don't Try This At Home moves). A packed workout, maybe, but I wonder how this is going to shake out as a set of multiple workouts.
Castella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-09, 08:30 AM  
cardiomama

Insanity is a cardio-intensive program that utilizes body weight only exercises, with max reps to failure. RevAbs uses resistance for some strength training exercises, there are body weight exercises and cardio (not sure if they are on separate days or circuit training). The strength exercises look more controlled, done slowly, not sure if they do max reps.

I think that it was said that both programs will be 6 days a week, Insanity a 60 day rotation, RevAbs probably 90 days. Both programs are supposed to have rotations that rotate workouts on strength, cardio & abs.

I found this info. on revAbs: "HoebeL Fitness is proud to present REV ABS - a cutting-edge, ab-defining and body-toning program created by founder, Brett Hoebel. This high-energy program combines ab training, interval training and strength training with a spice of Afro-Brazilian capoeira to yield unparalleled results in 90-days. Get ready to rumble...get ready to REV!" (http://www.hoebel.com/pdf/HoebeL_Fitness.pdf)

It should be released in Sep/Oct 2009 (http://www.facebook.com/pages/Brett-Hoebel/65615179930).
cardiomama is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
revabs