Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-20-08, 02:23 PM  
Sue B
VF Supporter

Mary, did you give We Cheer another try? I just played it for about 45 minutes, and I worked up quite a sweat. After a ton of failures, I finally passed Walking On Sunshine, Come Clean and Bodyrock. Now I just have to conquer Eye of the Tiger to get to the last set of stages.

This is probably THE MOST physical game on Wii that doesn't involve a balance board or floor mat. The key is to follow the cheerleader's motions as exactly as you can - mimicking her moves just like in a workout video. I wish the loading times weren't so long (and I wish there was some way of getting rid of that pesky "how to hold the remotes" screen) and it would really help to have verbal cueing in the game part. But I still this game, and hope we see more like it!

Drop Two Sizes, Fit Body Blueprint, STRONG Eat. Lift. Thrive. and Revamp grad

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Sue B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-08, 04:27 PM  
Mary W
VF Supporter

I have, Sue, but I'm still a "failure." poop. Seriously, I don't care, it is so much fun! I definitely need more practice!

Also, thanks for the post about downloading games. I guess I sorta knew it could be done, but I forgot all about it!
Old 10-26-08, 01:28 PM  
Mary W
VF Supporter

I'm NOT a FAILURE!!!

Finally, I proved I AM NOT a FAILURE! HA! I tried a few of the harder songs, and I actually do better! I think it has something to do with getting into the rhythm. I know I'm that way with step workouts...the breakdowns are often harder for me than the final product.

woohoo! I just wanted to share . I ordered the new wii cheer workout that comes out later this month. I can't wait!!!
Old 10-26-08, 03:38 PM  
Tamara
VF Supporter

Oh, I think i need this...

I'm still barred from weight-bearing (I'm 5 weeks post-tibial plateau fracture), and it looks like I could play with just the arm movements. I miss playing with my Wii-Fit, so this might give me a great way to play while I wait for my bone to grow.

Thanks for the great review.

blessings,
Tamara
Old 10-26-08, 03:43 PM  
Mary W
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamara
I'm still barred from weight-bearing (I'm 5 weeks post-tibial plateau fracture), and it looks like I could play with just the arm movements. I miss playing with my Wii-Fit, so this might give me a great way to play while I wait for my bone to grow.

Thanks for the great review.

blessings,
Tamara
I don't know if this will help you any, but I get on my rebounder while playing We Cheer. I get a little extra "bounce" and it just seems like more fun!

ETA - I don't actually bounce on it, I just sort of move with it. Does that make sense?
Old 10-26-08, 03:52 PM  
Tamara
VF Supporter

It does make sense, Mary. I expect to use my rebounder quite a bit during my recovery. Right now, though, I am not allowed to put any weight at all on my leg. I just started deep-water walking last week, when they took me out of the full-length immobilizer. I'm also back to some pilates matwork, so I get some leg movememt without any weight on the leg. Thanks for the input, though. That'll be a great addition when I can bear weight.

blessings,
Tamara
Old 10-26-08, 04:24 PM  
Sue B
VF Supporter

WTG, Mary!! I also found that two-star and higher songs can be easier than the one-stars. I still cannot pass Star, for instance! Yet I passed Footloose, in the final stage, on the first try. I think it also helps to be familiar with the song itself.

Tamara, I think you could play We Cheer sitting down, as long as you made BIG movements. A chair or stool would be better than a couch. Helix, which is similar, is another game you might want to try.

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Old 10-27-08, 01:30 PM  
Sue B
VF Supporter

For anyone considering We Cheer, it's on sale at Amazon for $27.98!

(and it figures that they no longer have their 30-day price guarantee Oh well, I'm still glad I bought this game )

Old 11-08-08, 12:55 PM  
Mary W
VF Supporter

I've been playing with All Star Cheer, and I don't like it nearly as well as We Cheer. It's getting lukewarm reviews on Amazon as well.

We Cheer ROCKS!
Old 11-08-08, 02:32 PM  
Sue B
VF Supporter

I'm completely hooked on We Cheer. I've passed every song on Normal except I Want Candy and Born For This. After playing nearly every day for the past week, my joints feel much more loose and flexible than they did before.

This game is not easy, and takes practice - imagine a Christi or Patrick dance video where there is no verbal cueing at all, and you just have to memorize the moves for each song. There are some videos popping up on YouTube if anyone wants to see exactly what it's about.

Tags
active gaming, we cheer, wii