Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-23-10, 11:35 AM  
Sassy
VF Supporter

I had it for a while too, but I got rid of it mostly by stretching - and time - I do think time is a big factor in PF, it just takes a while to heal (but it does, have hope)

I didn't get any special shoes or do any icing, but I did get nice tennies with good arch support and sometimes picked up some extra arch support inserts for various shoes.

For the stretching:

Every morning when I woke up, BEFORE I got out of bed and put any weight on my stiff feet, I put my toes/ball of the foot against the wall and stretched my heels gently but well. I really think THAT was key for me because the mornings I did that, my feet never hurt as much as the days when I just got out of bed and hobbled around on stiff feet - I think doing that aggravated the condition.

Then I would continue to stretch my calves and heels throughout the day, ESPECIALLY when I'd been sitting for a while and my feet had stiffened up again.

It took a few months, and it went away gradually, but one day I realized that it was simply GONE and my feet felt fine, and I haven't had ANY problems at all in a few years.

EDIT: Like Sophie, I'm back to being barefoot when I want, and I always workout barefoot these days (for the last six months)

EDIT 2: I also think I took ibuprofen regularly when it was at it's worst, to control the inflammation

"The only difference between the saint and the sinner is that every saint has a past and every sinner has a future." ~~~Oscar Wilde
Sassy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
foot injury, foot pain, heel pain, orthotics, plantar fasciitis