Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Old 01-11-24, 10:43 PM  
FitBoop
VF Supporter

I stumbled across the VF reviews when I was using my first computer. I had no idea there was a forum. I discovered Collage in an ad in a fitness magazine, then bought Cathe's Step N Motion videos, joined her forum, and saw the VF forum mentioned there.
Old 01-12-24, 02:08 AM  
carly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sissy B View Post
It was mentioned in one of the For Dummies fitness books I had checked out of the library.
This is amazing that this website was quoted in a reference book...aka Dummies Fitness.
Old 01-12-24, 08:45 AM  
donellda

I was a moderator on another fitness forum. One of the forum members mentioned VF so I decided to check it.
Old 01-12-24, 11:00 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by carly View Post
This is amazing that this website was quoted in a reference book...aka Dummies Fitness.
I wonder what year that book mentioned VF? I doubt anyone still has that edition.

According to Amazon, the most recent 4th edition is from 2010.

POSTURE CHECK!
Old 01-12-24, 06:18 PM  
owltx

Looking for reviews of Cathe workouts - it opened up my VF world!!
Old 01-13-24, 05:10 AM  
hch
VF Supporter

I found VF when it was on fitnessonline.com, which no longer exists (it now redirects to mensjournal.com) but then had mainly articles from Weider publications. (I probably found that site through one of those web directories or through a link to a specific article, not with a search engine or from a magazine.)

When I first found VF, this forum was in its transition to the current version and unavailable to us to read, but it sounded interesting enough that I visited and lurked when this current version began.
"It doesn't happen all at once," said the Skin Horse. "You become. It takes a long time. That's why it doesn't happen often to people who break easily, or have sharp edges, or who have to be carefully kept. Generally, by the time you are Real, most of your hair has been loved off, and your eyes drop out and you get loose in the joints and very shabby. But these things don't matter at all, because once you are Real you can't be ugly, except to people who don't understand."

The Velveteen Rabbit

Tags
collage forum, fitness for dummies, how did you find vf, vf love, yayas