Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 09-07-19, 12:03 PM  
Gams

Background modifiers

I’ve done a couple workouts lately where the person who was supposed to be the modifier didn’t do anything any different from anyone else. It’s not a big deal because I can figure out how to modify the workout, but it seems silly to point out someone as the modifier when they’re not modifying.
Gams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-19, 12:10 PM  
Kitten

This is such a pet peeve of mine.
The modifier in jnl fusion (imo) either modified too much or not at all.

However, Jersey in metrx 180 does a fantastic job on cardio circuit 1.

It's also irritating when they don't show the modifier.
Kitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-19, 12:24 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Yup, most of the modifiers barely modify. (I'm talkin' about your workouts, Cathe!)

One modifier that actually does a good job is Tania in some of Shaun T's workouts. She does low-impact and modified versions of most of the moves. I don't know if she is in many other workouts.

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-19, 12:29 PM  
sherry7899

I miss Lauren from Kelly Coffey Meyer's workouts. She was an excellent modifier.

I hate when a modifier does not modify.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-19, 12:51 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

I don't recall that Cathe has ever had a modifier in her workouts, and that's fine with me since I'd rather have none than a half of one. Michelle's Dozois' modifiers are like that IMHO.

Lauren was great at modifying, but the best use of modifiers is Amy Dixon IMHO. I normally do not follow the modifier, but in her Breathless Body workouts I definitely do or I wouldn't make it through. She uses a different modifier in each workout and each one does a great job.
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-19, 01:11 PM  
adawn
VF Supporter

I like the modifier in Kristin Dowell's two workouts. She has one woman to her right (our left) doing high impact, Kristin Dowell does middle of the road, and the woman to her left (our right) does no impact.

Although, I must admit, if I do the workouts often enough and progress in my cardio capacity, etc., some of the modifications don't quite keep my heart rate up enough. But some of them do.

I like the 3 levels being shown and it's great for easing back into a fitness routine.
adawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-19, 02:07 PM  
annette
VF Supporter

[QUOTE=cataddict;2836651]I don't recall that Cathe has ever had a modifier in her workouts,

In Cathe's ICE series Amanda was considered the modifier but didn't actually demonstrate modifications very often. Watching her it seemed like it wasn't in her nature to be the modifier; seems like she wanted to give it her all, all the time.

I think Marlo should have been the designated modifier. She performs all the exercises with good form but sometimes not at an advanced level.
annette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-19, 04:00 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

[QUOTE=annette;2836665]
Quote:
Originally Posted by cataddict View Post
I don't recall that Cathe has ever had a modifier in her workouts,

In Cathe's ICE series Amanda was considered the modifier but didn't actually demonstrate modifications very often. Watching her it seemed like it wasn't in her nature to be the modifier; seems like she wanted to give it her all, all the time.

I think Marlo should have been the designated modifier. She performs all the exercises with good form but sometimes not at an advanced level.
That's the one. I was disappointed in her so-called modifications. Yeah, I know how to modify, but it is nice to follow someone.

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-19, 04:58 PM  
sherry7899

I think sometimes they don't even understand what modifying means. They claim they have someone doing low impact modifications, and then there they are doing jumping lunges

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-19, 07:11 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

That's right, now I remember that Amanda was supposedly a "modifier" but didn't really modify much. I agree that modifying doesn't seem to be in her wheelhouse and she looks like she always wants to go all out. Nothing against Amanda, she was probably asked to do it since she was in front. As I mentioned before, I'd rather have none than a half modifier.
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
modifiers