Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-19-19, 05:44 AM  
bubbles76

Ah FOMO. Story of my vidiot life
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-19, 11:12 AM  
wendug

I've bought quite a few workouts due to FOMO, but that's been a while. Lately I've been able to resist acquiring the new "it" workouts and focused on buying what works for me. Plus, I've been doing a lot more youtube workouts so I don't feel like I'm missing much as there is so much free stuff available.

Surprisingly I have not been tempted by Tracie's sale. I have so many of her workouts already and I'm thinking are her new workouts THAT much different? So, I can live without them!
Old 08-19-19, 11:21 AM  
Sissy B

Because of this thread I went and looked at the DVDs Lauren Brooks still has available. I have most of her DVDs, haven't used them in a while, not sure when I'm going to be able to use them (I broke a bone in my hand in May and I'm still doing at home PT exercises), but still had to look. Haven't bought any so far.
Sissy B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-19, 11:16 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles76 View Post
Ah FOMO. Story of my vidiot life
Same here...

-------

The other day someone posted a Barre DVD sale for $2, I haven't been interested on those DVDs, but still have to check it out, I not even remember what site it was lol, anyways shipping to Canada was $27 for one DVD, so I let it pass, but, I was tempted before that.

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-19, 07:11 AM  
alisoncooks

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsSweetAsSugar View Post
Same here...

-------

The other day someone posted a Barre DVD sale for $2, I haven't been interested on those DVDs, but still have to check it out, I not even remember what site it was lol, anyways shipping to Canada was $27 for one DVD, so I let it pass, but, I was tempted before that.
It was Barre3 and I looked. I wasn't particularly interested...but that price! (I didn't cave.)
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-19, 01:39 PM  
Softshoe
VF Supporter

Love this thread. Totally been in the grip of FOMO.
Old 08-20-19, 05:43 PM  
danac99

I have. For me, it's about purchasing some older videos that are out print. I've purchased several used Leslie videos. I also purchased backup copies of some of my favorite Firm BSS3 and BSS4 workouts.
danac99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-19, 07:58 PM  
BamaTanya

Jillian Michaels' Body Revolution.

I don't mesh with Jillian's style. I like Mirabai Holland, Leslie Sansone, Margaret Richard, and Miranda Esmonde-White. I exercise a while, backslide into a work/life/stress slump, and start back all over again.

I saw that Body Revolution supplies were dwindling (at least I thought). I saw a great deal when someone had "just three sets left." And I bought it. I felt all tingly knowing I would have this awesome program to makeover my body. Just to think, I'd almost missed out!

If I'm honest, I'll never do this set. I probably won't even view the discs past month one. But the reviews were so positive and I allowed myself to fantasize about a different "me." I just had to have it!
BamaTanya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-19, 12:29 AM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Haha, well you never know!
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-19, 06:21 AM  
bubbles76

Sometimes FOMO works out. I purchased the FitPrimes and nearly every Margaret Richard (one still eludes me!) when they were downsizing their dvd inventory. I also bought every chaptered Fitness Favorites Firm when they had an amazing sale. At the time, I had never done a Margaret Richard dvd or FitPrime. They were always financially out of reach. Well, they have been worth every penny!
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fomo, purging dvds, vidiot