Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 08-29-19, 03:28 PM  
tytbody
VF Supporter

Wow. I see. Nope you don’t board. You’re ver consistent. That’s good.

~~~Cheryl

Completed a 10 day Pilates Challenge 2019
Completed Pilates 7 day Challenge 2019

Live Life Simply -Simply Love Life
tytbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-19, 04:41 PM  
luvcritters
VF Supporter

Checking in with PT. 7 more sessions to go.

Men like two chi because every posture is either an attack or a defense. My first teacher 20 years ago was a civil court judge. He said if he was practicing in his robe and someone came in his chambers and saw him, they would back out slowly and apologize profusely.

Trust no one. - X-Files, and me.

Comfort food only provides comfort while it's in your mouth. - Me
luvcritters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-19, 05:51 PM  
tytbody
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana3271 View Post
LOL I tend to be very consistent in what I do. LOL I don't get bored very easily. But I am in check-in's on another forum, so I just copy and paste. Same goes with my food. I eat the same thing, every day for breakfast and lunch. Did I mention that I don't get bored? LOL
i couldn't do it. as I read on how to make a program for yourself, it says not to do the same thing every day. Not just for muscle confusion but for endurance..

If your body knows what's comeing it will ready to defend itself. but if you throw in something with 10 pounds, or more movement, it says, *hey, what are you doing out there to me?* and it has to change it's thought pattern.

I can't even stand feeding my dog the same food, morning after evening the same thing.. Same for the bird. I change their food for breakfast and dinner.

How else are you going to see if you're improving ? maybe that's not your goal though, right. ?

I think about what I'm going to do every day and how to get it done.

all this to say, give your body a jolt every now and then. it will respond better.

~~~Cheryl

Completed a 10 day Pilates Challenge 2019
Completed Pilates 7 day Challenge 2019

Live Life Simply -Simply Love Life
tytbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-19, 07:16 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Great dinner last night. I had sand dabs (a local flat fish, like flounder) on wild rice with dried cranberries and green beans, with a very delicate sauce. Also a glass of the house white. All this at a bargain rate. I'll have to do this more often. The menu is limited but there are still at least 6 choices.

Choir practice was good; we all were glad to get back after taking the summer off.

Check-in: Power 15 from Ellen's 7 Day. Back to the barre studio tomorrow.

Linda LOL about that judge!
monterey vidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-19, 09:16 PM  
lynnf

Lauren Baby Bells. I guess Tai Chi is a martial art and that's why men like it, but it's very choreographed, and you couldn't defend or attack anyone unless they were totally in sync with your movements and in exactly the right place at the right time!
lynnf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-19, 10:19 PM  
Diana3271

Hi Everyone!

I had stuff going on in my office today and then a hair apt. I couldn't get a workout in.

Have a Blessed evening!

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

10 Pound Slimdown Xtreme Graduate 02/12
Insanity Graduate - I actually survived!
LM Combat 02/13
21 Day Fix Survivor! 6/14

Diana
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-19, 10:46 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynnf View Post
Lauren Baby Bells. I guess Tai Chi is a martial art and that's why men like it, but it's very choreographed, and you couldn't defend or attack anyone unless they were totally in sync with your movements and in exactly the right place at the right time!
and in slo-mo
Old 08-30-19, 08:18 AM  
Diana3271

Good Morning, Everyone! Happy Weekend!

Last night: Basic stretch
This morning: Oxycise

Have a Blessed day and a great start to your weekend!

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

10 Pound Slimdown Xtreme Graduate 02/12
Insanity Graduate - I actually survived!
LM Combat 02/13
21 Day Fix Survivor! 6/14

Diana
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-19, 07:43 PM  
lynnf

barre 3 30 minutes, plus Adrienn Rainbow yoga (kinda cute)

Cynthia, exactly, very slow motion. So if someone starts punching you, you have to politely ask them to slow down, I guess.
lynnf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-19, 09:16 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Took a regular/classic Pure Barre class today. Silly me, I had worried that it wouldn't be enough of a workout now that I usually take Empower classes. The instructor, who usually teaches the Empower classes, was incredible; experienced barre-istas were whimpering. It was definitely tough enough.

I usually don't go anywhere on Memorial Day weekend, but the summer's last Voices of Hope concert is tomorrow and I can't miss my quartet/solo. Then there's a cast party on Sunday, which I will go to b/c a soprano buddy has invited me to spend the night in her guest room. I wouldn't have gone to the party otherwise. Concert and part are in Santa Clara County, over an hour's drive each way.

Kohl's had some shorts & pants on closeout sale, $10 or less. I got light khaki Bermudas, olive capris, and denim shorts. I was a bit shy about the shorts b/c the skin above my knees has gone crepe-y. An age thing, I guess; I've read that skin gets loose with age. So I modeled them for DD to judge, told she didn't need to be brutal, just say yes or no for which I should wear to the party, which will be outdoors in very warm weather. She chose the denim shorts and told me to get my money back for the other 2. I told her about not feeling confident in them due to how my knees look; she told me if I wear them, no one will look at my knees. That's about as close as I get to a compliment from her.