Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-15-15, 04:38 PM  
Sara1000

Ballet Beautiful Floor Work

I watched the Body Blast clips and the YouTube video and the floorwork looks absolutely incredible! I immediately ordered from Amazon.

Does anyone use ankle weights with these? I am used to using 2-3 pound ankle weights with Cathe and FIRM floor work of this type - have you experienced great results without ankle weights in Ballet Beautiful?
Sara1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-15, 05:30 PM  
mizvespa

The workouts work the muscle groups with such precision and detail that I never used ankle weights. I ALWAYS used ankle weights with all of Tracy Anderson's workouts, but still got much better glute results with BB. It REALLY works the butt while streamlining the thighs and cinching the hips.
Old 07-15-15, 05:45 PM  
violetblonde

I agree that ankle weights aren't necessary at all, but I have used them for the Butt Blast series (which I have done many times over) and it totally ups the intensity. These series are my absolute go-to for quick, effective glute work.
violetblonde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-15, 10:19 PM  
LeanneM

I never use ankle weights either . . . and still get an incredible burn from all the reps! I Also get consistently good results when I do BB. Hope you like them!
LeanneM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-15, 06:13 AM  
Sara1000

Body Blast came last night - of course I watched the whole thing. Plan to do Butt 1 after my walk this morning. It looks and sounds really monotonous but I believe it will be effective. I was a little disappointed that the upper body in the Total Body blast is just triceps dips (forever). I will probably skip those as I do a lot of varied upper body work with Cathe.

Thanks for your replies, everyone. After watching I can see there is no way I would add ankle weights!
Old 07-17-15, 08:08 AM  
LeanneM

Glad yours arrived! The workouts might look repetitious, but I get into kind of a zen flow with them, and they don't feel boring at all. I also add in some sets of regular push-ups while Mary Helen keeps on doing all those triceps dips. Keep us posted on how you like it!
Old 07-17-15, 09:52 AM  
Sara1000

I did Butt 1 this morning - I agree -the sets go by much more quickly when you're doing them than when you're just watching. I really liked it - can't wait to see if I'm sore tomorrow!
Old 07-17-15, 10:05 AM  
LeanneM

Glad you liked it!
Old 07-17-15, 05:26 PM  
cowfishpro

Just wanted to chime in that when Butt Blast felt "easier" for me, I tried using very light ankle weights. I have a back injury, and my back didn't like the extra weight with those angles. As you are discovering Sara, those Blasts are quite effective without ankle weights.
Old 07-18-15, 09:03 AM  
LeanneM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowfishpro View Post
Just wanted to chime in that when Butt Blast felt "easier" for me, I tried using very light ankle weights. I have a back injury, and my back didn't like the extra weight with those angles. As you are discovering Sara, those Blasts are quite effective without ankle weights.
I've found that certain workouts -- like BB or barre -- can actually be harder for me the more I do them because I keep just focusing on proper form.

Tags
ballet beautiful, floor work, similar to tracy anderson