Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 02-20-15, 03:33 PM  
toomuchjoy

21 Day Fix vs 21 Day Extreme Fix

I've been toying with buying 21Day for about a year now. Really hoping it will jumpstart weight loss for me. I notice on Mary's site that 21Day and 21Day Extreme are the same price but Extreme has free shipping. Are the exercises in Extreme that much harder? Or are they just different?

Thanks for any help!
Toomuchjoy
toomuchjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-15, 03:42 PM  
Kathy G
VF Supporter

I have both systems and I think 21 Day Fix Extreme is more advanced than the original 21 Day Fix. All of the workouts for the Extreme set use some weights or bands and the rest between sets/exercises is shorter which makes them more like metabolic circuits. Even the modifier is doing a "harder" modification than in the original set.

The "diet" for Extreme is also "cleaner" with no cheats at all.

HTH,
Kathy
(1) 50k
(10) Marathons
(2) 20 milers
(3) 25k’s
(16) Half Marathons
(1) 20k
(6) 10 milers
(1) 15k
Kathy G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-15, 03:50 PM  
Karen Beckwith
VF Supporter

The reason the Extreme set has free shipping is because it's new. The free shipping will go away sometime soon.

Also, there is a package that includes both sets for a bit less money. Shipping is not free on it, however.

http://www.totalfitnessdvds.net/Prod...ode=21daycombo

Both sets are really good!

"Comfort zones are very often expanded by discomfort." - Mimi Solaire
Karen Beckwith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-15, 04:15 PM  
NorthernStar

Both sets are great, the Extreme is more advanced than the Original and is not modified as much. I think there's a good place for a beginner to start out with the original, but the Extreme is more solidly intermediate.
NorthernStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-15, 07:49 PM  
toomuchjoy

Thanks all. Much appreciated!!!
toomuchjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-15, 10:14 AM  
jeanniem
VF Supporter

I wish I had a coupon code, I would love the extreme set.
jeanniem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-15, 10:46 AM  
katmom

Just wanted to say the original 21 Day Fix workouts can be made more challenging by increasing the weight or the intensity of the cardio moves. In other words, like any workout, you can make it as easy or intense as you want or need.
Old 02-21-15, 11:56 AM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

did anyone purchase the Extreme kit before using the original set?

and someone who has both sets, a couple of questions:
1) would you miss anything by just getting the extreme set
2) PM me on this: how does the container use differ from the original (i know you can get the container ideas off of the web)

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-15, 04:38 PM  
s2546

good question bzar- would you miss anything if you only bought the extreme set? I would like to know this too.

thanks!

sue
s2546 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-15, 05:20 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

I have both, including the bonus and ultimate DVDs. Did 21DF last year, doing 21DFX now.

Both sets have 7 days of workouts and a 10-min abs add-on. Everything , except 10 min abs, is 30 min.

21DF has total body cardio, upper, lower, Pilates, cardio, dirty 30, yoga

bonus DVD is plyo (not mentioned in the written materials; I subbed it for one of the Cardios)

ultimate DVD has barre legs (sub for lower) and flat abs (sub for Pilates)

The calendar has a doubles option for the 3rd week.

21DFX (Fix Extreme added to every title except Dirty 30 Extreme) has plyo, upper, Pilates, lower, cardio, dirty 30, yoga, and 10 min hardcore. (I kept having the feeling the sequence wasn't the same as last year & now I see lower and Pilates days are switched)

bonus DVD is The Fix Challenge, which has 52 surrenders among other moves, but not a lot of plyo; sub for cardio

ultimate DVD has power strength (sub for plyo) and ABC - abs, butt, cardio - sub for dirty 30

I have no wish to get rid of 21DF, and thinking of doing a Fix combo after I finish Extreme. However, the sets follow the same pattern, so I can't say you'd be missing anything if you went straight to Extreme. But be aware that the modifier does pushups on her toes and doesn't modify like the 21DF modifier did.
monterey vidiot is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
21 day fix, 21 day fix extreme