Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-13-14, 03:26 PM  
wishiwasinhawaii

anyone doing P90X3 plus Shovel Max?

I am trying so hard to stick with P90X3 and I really enjoy it, but with these back to back snowstorms dropping huge amounts of snow that I have to shovel, I'm finding I just don't have the energy to do anything other than Shovel Max. I spent two hours shoveling wet and heavy snow in the RAIN. I am scheduled to do the Challenge today but there's no way that's happening. Anyone else having the same problem?
wishiwasinhawaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-14, 04:26 PM  
jeanniem
VF Supporter

I know how you feel! 90 min of shoveling and I don't think I could workout!
jeanniem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-14, 05:26 PM  
alydinva

Shoveling IS a workout. Take it easy on your body and get back to P90X3 when you're feeling up to it.
alydinva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-14, 06:52 PM  
SueT

I think snow shoveling is definitely a total body workout. I live in New Jersey, and my husband and I were outside for 2 1/2 hours today. That was definitely enough of a workout for me!

Sue
SueT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-14, 08:10 PM  
macska
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by wishiwasinhawaii View Post
I am trying so hard to stick with P90X3 and I really enjoy it, but with these back to back snowstorms dropping huge amounts of snow that I have to shovel, I'm finding I just don't have the energy to do anything other than Shovel Max. I spent two hours shoveling wet and heavy snow in the RAIN. I am scheduled to do the Challenge today but there's no way that's happening. Anyone else having the same problem?
Hah, NJ! I did only yoga, and boy that felt soooo good today after shoveling wet snow for 2 hours. I continue with my program tomorrow, assuming I can move in the morning.

"You finish when you are done not when you are tired."
David Goggins
macska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-14, 08:48 PM  
wishiwasinhawaii

Quote:
Originally Posted by macska View Post
Hah, NJ! I did only yoga, and boy that felt soooo good today after shoveling wet snow for 2 hours. I continue with my program tomorrow, assuming I can move in the morning.
Oh, that's a good idea! I should do yoga after shovel max. I bet that will feel good. I hear we're supposed to get more snow overnight.
wishiwasinhawaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-14, 07:45 AM  
macska
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by wishiwasinhawaii View Post
Oh, that's a good idea! I should do yoga after shovel max. I bet that will feel good. I hear we're supposed to get more snow overnight.
My shoulders are so sore today. I may have to postpone the scheduled workout again.

David Goggins
Old 02-14-14, 11:28 AM  
andtckrtoo

I did the first 4 weeks of P90X3 and then has knee surgery, so while it's not shoveling (it's 70 and sunny here - and way too dry ) I'm with you on loving P90X3 and being bummed I can't continue for a bit.
Old 02-14-14, 01:56 PM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

I did at least 2 hours of Shovel Max yesterday with DH. No additional workout yesterday. I was totally spent by the "extra deep with freezing rain" premix.

Today I did the 45 minute premix of shovel max since about 3 inches fell last night. This premix included throwing snow over the 5 foot banks of snow piled up on the side of my driveway. My injured elbow had been on the mend but started hurting again so I quit.
Afterwards I did a quick workout of 10 rounds of 100 jump ropes and 10 reps of a core exercise or squats(prisoner, pistol, overhead.) I know if I didn't do the second workout right away it wouldn't get done. My lower back was a tiny bit sore so I decided against kettlebell swings. Maybe later.
Yoga sounds like a good idea.

Leslie
lreidgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-14, 02:00 PM  
macska
VF Supporter

Yeah, I did the same premix. My shoulders are officially off now for the weekend if I want to avoid injury. And I very much want to avoid injury. Way too many exciting DVDs are waiting for me!

David Goggins