Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 02-01-14, 02:35 PM  
zraipel
VF Supporter

Mary is carrying the Obsidian Slide Board kit

I just got Mary's February newsletter and she has the Obsidian Slide Board kit under the New Products page. She states right now she will only have 20 kits until April due to Obsidian's inventory availability. It is $129.95 and includes the board, booties and 3 DVDs:
https://www.totalfitnessdvds.com/Obs...p/obsidian.htm

For the record, I am really enjoying the slide board and the workouts Here is a thread about the kit:

http://forum.videofitness.com/showth...light=obsidian
Old 02-01-14, 03:25 PM  
Demeris

I just came here to post this. I wonder how quickly she'll sell out. I have to wait until next month before I can splurge so extravagantly on exercise stuff.
Demeris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-14, 03:58 PM  
lynfield

Ok today is my birthday and I have birthday money, should I buy this? Mary has only a few and I need to decide soon. If you have the board please let me know if you are enjoying this. Thanks
Old 02-01-14, 04:17 PM  
zraipel
VF Supporter

The thread in my first post has reviews from people here who have it and have used it... some have loved it and some have not for various reasons. That should help you decide if it's for you

She's currently down to 17 it looks like. Remember to use the 10off code, and that there is free shipping with Mary!

ETA: Happy Birthday Gwen
Old 02-01-14, 09:04 PM  
PLS

Sshhh! Don't tell DH, I got the newsletter and immediately ordered from Mary. I already have the other 7 and an old reebok slide. But it is not slick enough. I do have to meet with the orthopedic surgeon next week due to a meniscus tear and apparently "severe" arthritis under my knee cap. So I will need non impact activities I can do once the meniscus is repaired. I also had been following the slide reviews and I think the slide will meet my needs. If I wear it out I can get a better one down the road! Couldn't beat the free shipping and 10off though.

Penny
PLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-14, 09:13 PM  
zraipel
VF Supporter

Penny, your secret is safe

I think Mary's clip should help anyone who isn't sure. I bought the whole set based on the very short infomercial type clip from their website that didn't show much actual workout content, and Mary's is much better (which is to be expected )
Old 02-02-14, 08:38 AM  
jeanniem
VF Supporter

I see they offer slides up to 7 feet long. I am wondering how do you choose the correct length?
jeanniem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-14, 12:26 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

For those that have this (and have done Cathe's Slide & Glide workout from her Low Impact series) do you enjoy the Obsidian workouts more?

Thanks to this thread, I got out Cathe's workout, and really enjoyed it! The standing premix was a lot of fun!

I don't really want to spend the money on Obsidian, when I can just use my gliding discs. But, thanks to this thread, it made me try gliding again (which I haven't done in a while!)

Pam

Current Rotation:
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) 90 Days to Flexible Phase 3 (Intermediate)
Cathe Strength Training (ICE & LITE series)
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote