Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-25-12, 11:59 AM  
marmact

Jari Love's sets

I have never really paid much attention to Jari Love, but I'm kind of interested in her style of workout right now, so I took a few minutes to look at some of her clips on Collage, and I have to ask....

Does she film in a dungeon?!

Seriously, I tend not to think about the set too much beyond overcrowding factor (too many people or too much stuff bugs me) or the silliness of having non-workout related gear littering the background (Greek statues, beach balls, patio sets, that sort of thing, LOL). However, this is the first time that I found the set to be a deal-breaker. I felt positively claustrophobic just watching the clips! And maybe it was my imagination but I felt like the sets got increasingly darker and more dreary over time.

Anyway, is anyone still doing Jari, and if so, are the sets as bad as they seem in the clips, or are the clips just particularly poor? Is there anyone who doesn't actually mind the lack of light or is there anyone who finds this somehow enhancing to the workout? (Ok, so that's probably a stretch but I'm trying to want to like these, LOL.)
Old 09-25-12, 12:05 PM  
Fit Gal

I LOVE the original ripped series. For a few years I was intimidated by the clips. A few months ago some of my favorite enablers convinced me to get them. I'm glad it did. My favorite is Ripped and Chiseled. It's great for upper body training. I get massive DOMS afterward. Jari is really good at cues. There are "real" people lifting and not models.

I haven't heard anything good about the extremely ripped series, only negatives so I am not planning on getting the new ones.
Fit Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-12, 12:18 PM  
A-Bot
VF Supporter

Her earlier ones, Get Ripped 1,000, Slim and Lean, Get Ripped and Chiseled - are NOT filmed in the dungeon. The extremely ripped series is. I personally like all her workouts, and find her new ones (the extremely ripped series) extremely effective (though my opinion is obviously not everyones). Maybe if you really don't like the dungeon, get one of her earlier ones and see if you like her. I personally think the workouts in the dungeon tend to be so good/fun that I don't mind.

Try looking at some clips from the original get ripped series (slim and lean, get ripper 1,000 and ripped and chiseled), since they do not feature the dungeon aesthetic.
Old 09-25-12, 12:21 PM  
zraipel
VF Supporter

I think there are 2 dungeons. I prefer the earlier one, without the pink/purple/blue lighting. I actually like Dungeon Set #1 better than the no dungeon sets she used in her earliest videos.
Old 09-25-12, 12:22 PM  
Fit Gal

Quote:
Originally Posted by A-Bot View Post
I personally like all her workouts, and find her new ones (the extremely ripped series) extremely effective (though my opinion is obviously not everyones). Maybe if you really don't like the dungeon, get one of her earlier ones and see if you like her. I personally think the workouts in the dungeon tend to be so good/fun that I don't mind..
I am soo very easily enabled. Maybe I have to take another looksee at the newer ones.
Fit Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-12, 12:51 PM  
alisoncooks

Quote:
Originally Posted by A-Bot View Post
Her earlier ones, Get Ripped 1,000, Slim and Lean, Get Ripped and Chiseled - are NOT filmed in the dungeon.
Slim & Lean and GR&C are my favorite Jari's and I like the set from those. It is still a little dark, but not crazy dark... (some of her later workouts are a little crazy looking, black and shiny leather and I half expect someone to start breaking out the handcuffs & whips...)

Definitely look at her earlier dvds (Ripped to the Core was another from that early set, I think).
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-12, 03:11 PM  
mrsyancy

Quote:
Originally Posted by a-bot View Post
her earlier ones, get ripped 1,000, slim and lean, get ripped and chiseled - are not filmed in the dungeon. The extremely ripped series is. I personally like all her workouts, and find her new ones (the extremely ripped series) extremely effective (though my opinion is obviously not everyones). Maybe if you really don't like the dungeon, get one of her earlier ones and see if you like her. I personally think the workouts in the dungeon tend to be so good/fun that i don't mind.

Try looking at some clips from the original get ripped series (slim and lean, get ripper 1,000 and ripped and chiseled), since they do not feature the dungeon aesthetic.

+1
mrsyancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-12, 04:21 PM  
KellyMarie65

Does the extremely ripped series have the exercises separated like in the earlier ones? Sometimes I just do the upper body exercises and I like that I can do that.
KellyMarie65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-12, 06:44 PM  
pfhanna

I am one that doesn't mind the dark look but I do wish she would come out with a new workout. She has been quiet too long!!
Old 09-25-12, 07:54 PM  
kariev34

Quote:
Originally Posted by pfhanna View Post
I am one that doesn't mind the dark look but I do wish she would come out with a new workout. She has been quiet too long!!
She mentioned on FB that she will be filming a new workout soon. The release date is yet to be announced but she mentioned maybe getting it out by the end of the year.

As far as the set, I can look past it as the "extremely" workouts are very effective for me and they are challenging. I like her later offerings more so then her early ones. The later ones really have a great cardio effect.
kariev34 is offline   Reply With Quote