Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-12-05, 04:20 AM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Creampuff,

Welcome to VF! You'll fit right in here. People here like walks, there are lots of moms, and it's amazing how many discussions turn to the topic of chocolate. Oh, and we mostly enjoy working out at home, too.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-05, 07:46 AM  
new2me

Hi Creampuff, welcome! I'd love to visit your homeland one of these days!

The sudden precious moments in life need to be recognized for the unique periods they are, not wasted by wishing for something else. Edith Schaeffer
new2me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-05, 08:38 AM  
tytbody
VF Supporter

Lightbulb Nother Nubee

Hi,I'm TyTbody. Just came here last week from a friend of mines invitation.She saw me searching for what to get and said to come here. I never knew there were exercise junkies,. This is cool. The more people who are interested in what I am will certainly help me, push me, keep me on my goal of just plain exercising every day. There is always something I can do and I want to do this. I want to post how I feel what works what doesn't and be part of a family that knows the difficulties of going a journey, basically alone. It's easy to say you'll meet your friends at the gym, but I quit that membership as it was too much stress on me. So, here I am. Just checking.

Please help me make myself an exercise lover, addict, friendly, exercise knowledgable person. LOL.
tytbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-05, 08:48 AM  
new2me

Hi Tytbody (like that name by the way). It's hard not to get caught up in the excitement around here sometimes, so I think you came to the right place. Welcome!

The sudden precious moments in life need to be recognized for the unique periods they are, not wasted by wishing for something else. Edith Schaeffer
Old 04-12-05, 04:08 PM  
TrulyBruin

Another lurker

Another lurker here. I joined in January -- New Year's Resolution. I usually don't have too much to say, but I thought I should probably say SOMETHING in this thread.

I originally came to VF about 5 years ago. Unfortunately, I got scared off when I read about people who thought some tapes were too easy (and I couldn't even make it through the same tapes without feeling like I was going to pass out.)

But I'm back, and I'm in a lot better shape now. And now I know that yes, some things will be easy for some people, and hard for me. And that's ok. Bc I'll just keep doing what I can do.

Oh and thanks to this board, I discovered Callanetics and I'm seeing faster results than I EVER have. Yay!
TrulyBruin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-05, 11:16 PM  
tytbody
VF Supporter

See, you thought you got here for one reason, and now you've found a love that you might not have ventured into had you not come to VF. Oh no,... what Is going to happen to me? I've only been here about 4 days.

~~~Cheryl

Completed a 10 day Pilates Challenge 2019
Completed Pilates 7 day Challenge 2019

Live Life Simply -Simply Love Life
tytbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-05, 12:38 PM  
new2me

Welcome TrulyBruin!!! Glad you decided to post!

Old 04-13-05, 01:04 PM  
melzie

'nother newbie

Just wanted to tell you how wonderful this forum is. You guys are the best! I love the video reviews (of course that's how I found you), love the daily forums with even more reviews, comments, sharing. I have been lurking for a while, around here and elsewhere, but this one is tops!

I am just getting back into being a vidiot. Left it 5 years ago (a divorce, then working 2 jobs, then just plain old couch potato), and am now going nuts again! I started loving exercise as a child (school callastenics, spelling??) and of course outdoor playing, then found the - you guessed it- Jane Fonda LP! Thank goodness the Firm finally came along, and then Cathe and now everything!

I really enjoy reading everyones daily posts and all of the wonderful encouragement, knowledge, links, just plain discussions...I could go on all day. Since I am at work I should probably stop now. Thanks for being the best forum for us vidiots!
melzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-05, 01:08 PM  
new2me

Thank you Melzie! Hi and welcome! I'm at work too and it's been very busy the last 3 days so my post time has really been cut down, lol! Glad you decided to come out of lurkdom!

Old 04-13-05, 01:11 PM  
melzie

Thanks. You guys just make it too easy! (Am I punning on enabling? Yep, it has already taken effect, I'm doomed but out of lurkdom!) If I wasn't sitting in chair all day in front of a computer I would never have found you. So glad I did!
melzie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
former sticky, how did you find vf, introductions, new members, new to vf, new user, sticky thread