Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-09-05, 05:09 PM  
new2me

Hi Debby, welcome to you too! I started working out about two and a half years ago at the age of 47...I'll soon be 50, yikes, lol. Anyway, glad you said hello!

The sudden precious moments in life need to be recognized for the unique periods they are, not wasted by wishing for something else. Edith Schaeffer
new2me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-05, 07:13 AM  
Helen

Another newbie here - from Oz

Hi all!

Thanks to the warm welcomes extended by Laura S and Donna (who's faces I'm now familiar with from my lurking) I thought I'd say THANKS!! for the site and being able to 'eavesdrop' - I've learned soooo much!!

I had been a gym junkie before twins - when pregnant I was told that my six-pack had turned into a keg! Now that the contents of the keg are gone - I still have the wrapping

My tapes are from department stores and eBay - but I stayed with Aust. sellers so didn't even KNOW about Cathe, CIA, Gin Miller, .. but now I do!

As a contientious anti-consumer, I'll wait until I feel I deserve/need/earn some more tapes - but now I know where I'll be looking, and who for!

To Deb, Le Cheez, Ella, Kartika and Ed - do you feel like you'd be butting in on a private conversation to post on a check-in where they all seem to know each other so well? Also, I feel a little trepidacious, being from a different culture - not THAT different I know, but still...

I've waffled, but to all newbies - have a great week!!

Helen
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-05, 07:34 AM  
new2me

You're welcome Helen, and glad you delurked! I had to smile at your keg comment! I haven't had children, but somehow I had a little mini keg of my own, lol!!!

I hope none of you feel reluctant to join in on a check-in...all of us were new to it at one time.

The sudden precious moments in life need to be recognized for the unique periods they are, not wasted by wishing for something else. Edith Schaeffer
Old 04-11-05, 08:44 AM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Ditto what Donna said. The first (and second) time I posted in a check-in, I took a deep breath and timidly posted, explaining why I wanted to join the group. They all responded enthusiastically and I was automatically a part of the group as far as they were concerned. It is scary though...

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-05, 12:41 PM  
Le Cheez
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helen
To Deb, Le Cheez, Ella, Kartika and Ed - do you feel like you'd be butting in on a private conversation to post on a check-in where they all seem to know each other so well? Also, I feel a little trepidacious, being from a different culture - not THAT different I know, but still...
I bought a rebounder when I first joined here because of what the rebounder people had written, and I jumped right in to the rebounder check-in. Of course everyone knows each other, but how will you ever be one of those people that everyone knows if you don't post and say hi!

It's really not intimidating, everyone has made me feel very welcome, so just pop in and post on a check-in thread if you feel like it.
Old 04-11-05, 01:11 PM  
ethansmom

Guess I'll Stop Lurking!

Hey ya'll. My name is Susie and I have been lurking 'round here for a couple of months. I decided it was time to come out of the shadows and say "hey". I am a 31 year ol stay at home mom to a beautiful 8 month old baby boy. I am trying to get back on the fitness track after a 2 year absence. I had a trying pregnancy and have been learning how to be a sahm, but I am tired of this extra "baby weight" so I am getting back in the habit of working out. My DH, Ren, and I have been married for almost 10 years and we really enjoy working out together. I hope to get to know some of you. I would love any mom's (or anyone's) advice. Thanks for reading this!!!

Susie
ethansmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-05, 01:55 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Susie,

Welcome out of lurkdom! I hope you find info here that is helpful to you. I'm not a mom, so I can't give you much info on that front. However, I think it's great you are looking to get back on track with fitness. The main thing I'd suggest is try different things until you find workouts you really enjoy. As I was sweating up a storm this morning and smiling the whole time, I thought (again) how great it is to actually enjoy exercising (this coming from a former total couch potato).

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-05, 03:08 PM  
new2me

Hi Susie and welcome!!!! Ethan is one of my favorite boys names! Glad you delurked!

Old 04-11-05, 03:38 PM  
Fitinvent

No one is a Lurker...

I guess it takes a little time to adjust to feel free to have something to say in a Post. I'm sure we all have questions in our mind that need an answer. It's all physical fitness/ Physical therapy, there both one in the same. I was happy to find a site where everyone seems very intelligent in fitness, and no one should exclude any question they have, because i'm sure there are many people here that are glad to answer any question. I'm a newbie, but i'm not new any longer..lol at 53 your an oldie but goodie. I'm glad the first day when i hit 30 i decided to walk into a woman filled aerobic room. Talk about intimidating. But the woman were so friendly. It's a person you have to get to know, not what they look like. Will i ever look like Billy Bank's probally not. But i feel great, and everyone should also. We are all an individual, and not two people are alike in this world. So come out of the closet and give your 2 cents worth. And it's always good to donate to "Support VF" to keep this site going. If there are spelling errors here, forgive me...lol I know more about people and muscles. Looking forward to hearing from everyone.
Old 04-11-05, 09:01 PM  
creampuff
Account Disabled

Lurking Delurking

I too was a lurky-loo!
creampuff is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
former sticky, how did you find vf, introductions, new members, new to vf, new user, sticky thread