Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-04-05, 01:27 PM  
lizf22

Welcome Ella and Le Cheez!

I'm new too, this is a very friendly and habit forming place!

Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going.

When you grow on the inside, you shrink on the outside.
lizf22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-05, 10:35 AM  
Lorie J

Wink Lurking a Little

Hi Everyone!

I thought I'd stop in, say hello & mini-introduce myself. I have been around most often in check-ins & challenges at the rebounder thread.

I began workingout with a record , Linda Shelton or Joannie Gregain's before videos . My first vid was Firm 1. From that point on I was hooked. I was always physical in school sports and love to workout. I am a former kindergarten teacher but had to give it up due to M.S. With the help of a great physical therapist, I'm pretty much back. I have limitations due to balance issue's & weakness in my legs. I tend to push myself more than I should, but I'm getting a little bit better(some tend to disagree) It could be a whole lot worse and I am very thankful to the GUY above .

I can't remember how I found VF , but so happy I did . Everyone is so generous in sharing their knowledge & experience. This place is a terrific motivational tool for me. But mostly, it is great to have others to chat with or lurk with that share similar excitement about keeping strong physically, mentally & spiritually.

So, I hope I get to know everybody one day. Hope this gives you all an idea of me.

Have a great week everyone!

Lorie
Lorie J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-05, 12:28 AM  
Kartika

I'll join in here!

I've been lurking here the past couple of days just learning my way around. I am currently pregnant with #4 and am due in june. I weigh 220 and have exercises more off than on for several years. I seem to do to much too soon and burn out. I'm learning to pace myself! I LOVE VIDEOS! I have been trying to establish a good exercise habit with this pregnancy so I don't gain weight after. (I tend to be too sedentary and gain with new babies!) I look forward to all the advice here. But I feel a little overwhelmed by all the experienced fitness buffs here. Im curious to know who some of the other "newbies" are.
Kartika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-05, 12:55 AM  
Le Cheez
VF Supporter

Hi Lorie J and Kartika, I'm a newbie too. About one week after I signed on here (and totally motivated after signing up for a 12 week challenge) I got injured and had ONE MONTH of "no exercise allowed". I have just this week been allowed to start back up... and I was so excited to start again!! (how weeeeeird that is).

Lorie, I totally agree with this being a very motivational place, i never thought I'd be checking in to a "fitness" board every day and reading practically every new thread, but it really makes me look forward to my workout. Crazy for me, I used to think EXERCISE was a four letter word. Now I want to do it!

and Kartiki please don't feel overwhelmed here. I am confused by all the abbreviations, but everyone has been so helpful and quick to respond.
Old 04-09-05, 06:40 AM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Welcome to VF! And, congrats on #4. I hope you find helpful info here. Remember, that as much as it may seem like a board made up of amazon women, the total range of fitness levels and capabilities is represented. They may not all be obvious, but they are there.

We do have a check in section, where smaller groups get together on a daily, weekly or monthly basis (depends on the group) and check in with what they are doing, concerns, etc. There is a beginners group and at least one check-in for moms. Just thought I'd mention that in case the idea of a smaller group appealed to you. If/when it does and you want to join a group, you don't have to do anything - just jump in and introduce yourself.

Again, welcome! Glad you introduced yourself.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-05, 08:06 AM  
Fitinvent

New to Video Fitness

Well to start off i've been on VF for about 10 days i believe, and have only great things to say to the woman on VF, there always friendly, say hello daily, and a great inspiritation. Although i'm 53, divorced, i feel and still look young thanks to 22 years of fitness. I was usually the only guy in a aerobic class, when aerobics first started. I started to work at a (Only aerobic's) club. That lasted 12 years, until my friends could not afford to keep the place in business. Then i instructed and did persona training in a club.
Now it seems people in clubs are self centered, head phones on, doing exercises wrong, and don't even want to talk. So i've decided to work-out on my own. I've had my own "Step" for years and Stepped while watching TV. Then decided to buy a video. I must say it's still a challange. Over the years i've Patented a new Physical Therapy/ Gym/Home use device, that will be on the market soon. And hopefully will be able to get someone to make more video's. I know everyone is looking for the best work-out's. So i'd like to say hello to all the ladies on VF,(and the few men). Hopefully when i see a post i can help answer in a post or PM. Wishing you all your fitness goals.
Old 04-09-05, 08:10 AM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Hi Ed,

Welcome to VF! Sounds like quite a journey you've had in the fitness world. Feel free to jump in and participate however you want.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-05, 08:45 AM  
new2me

I think I welcomed Lorie over in the Rebounding thread, but wanted to say hi and welcome to Kartika and Ed! Glad you are both here!

The sudden precious moments in life need to be recognized for the unique periods they are, not wasted by wishing for something else. Edith Schaeffer
new2me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-05, 10:26 AM  
FitterChick

Hi

Hi my name is Debby. I am 46 and I have been exercising for about 1 year. I heard about this website at the weight watchers website and decided to check it out. I fell in love! I cancelled my membership at the ww site and joined here. I started working out when my dd bought me a dress for my birthday and I have never been able to wear it. I WANT TO WEAR THAT DRESS!

My favorite things about this site is that not everybody is new to exercise and the same things don't get talked about over and over. Oh and of course the video exchange! Maybe that is my favorite thing!

I don't really have a favorite instructor yet. But I am trying my best to find one. I like aerobics and my soon say I love it but I have 2 left feet but I am working on that. I don't like dancy workouts. I am starting to work with weights and I do like that. I am using Joyce Vedral's Boobs and Bra Roll as my first weight w/o.

I guess for the first time I am at a loss for words....Oh I live in Upstate NY have 3 daughters, and 2 cats and a husband named Ken. My aviatar (sp?) is my beautiful granddaughter Kayla. So I guess that's me! HI!
FitterChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-05, 03:50 PM  
CrystalLR

Location: Somerset, PA(1 hr. east of Pittsburgh...where Flight#93 crashed)
Hi Ed- You hit a lot of good points right on target! I'm a CFT(Certified Fitness Trainer), who came to the career later in life. I'd be very interested in you emailing me with your invention....I have MANY ideas tucked away and am planning to see come true yet. Right now, I've just landed a fulltime job at a state of the art brand new wellness center. If you read my profile you can get my website and read/see my story, if you so wish. Welcome, I think it's great that you're comfortable in joining us! I think you're the first guy I've caught on here....I recently rejoined and am limited on time, so I don't read tons of threads.

Crystal
CrystalLR is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
former sticky, how did you find vf, introductions, new members, new to vf, new user, sticky thread