Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-13-04, 12:12 PM  
nymets2144

Thanks to all at VF

Hi, my name is Danielle and i've been using this site for about 4 or 5 years but never posted anything. I owe a lot to this site since it introduced me to Cathe and Spinervals. Many times i've decided which tapes to buy based on the wonderful views on this site.
My favorite cathe tapes are body max, Imax, MIC, Pure strenght legs, and slow and heavy chest and back. My favorite videos by coach troy are suffer-o-rama, the zoot challenge, the uphill grind, and runervals 2.0 tempo run.
After being inspired by so many of you here, i have ordered Tough Love and my goal is to one day be a member of the elusive tough love club. Thanks for all the help over the years.

Danielle
nymets2144 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-04, 07:55 PM  
CrystalLR

Location: Somerset, PA(1 hr. east of Pittsburgh...where Flight#93 crashed)
Anne, have you tried water therapy/class for helping that post knee surgery?

It might be worth your time to check it out. Water is very good and easy resistance for recuperating.

Crystal
CrystalLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-04, 08:01 PM  
CrystalLR

Abbe, we have a lot in common!

I came to be a CFT by way of my own "fitness quest". Not many people wait until they're 47yrs old to know what they want to be when they grow up, but such was my case. I'm now 49, been married 28 years, designed this house with my dad, and dad did most of the building after retiring from ownership of a column and lumber company. He was able to enjoy his own carpentry skills and we have a beautiful home as a result of it all. I too sing, and play the piano, but I sold my guitar and haven't gone back to it since.(long story)
Are you still actively doing fitness instructing and/or personal training?

Crystal
Old 10-12-04, 10:52 AM  
Rhiannanon

Finally found people I can relate to!

Crystal:

I ended up here after my own fitness quest also. I am 48 soon to be 49 and decided I didn't like being overweight and out-of-shape. I have exercised off and on for the past 15 years but always got away from it. I finally made the commitment to stick with it long term.

I, too, helped, along with my mom and sisters, remodel our house when I was a kid. And my husband and I own that house now and are still remodeling.

It is so nice to read posts from people with the same interests. Most of all it's nice to read posts by people my own age.

B
Rhiannanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-04, 03:52 PM  
Sollamyn

Post Introductory Message

Hi,

I joined VF in June, and this is my first post. I am 45 and have been interested in fitness and health since my teens. I am, however, on and off with the exercising and healthy eating. I have managed to keep fairly well informed, however, should I ever wish to use the information on a regular basis. Anyway, in June (June 7 to be exact) I started exercising regularly and faithfully keeping a fitness journal. My diet has been atrocious (for the most part), so I have not lost much weight (only 2 pounds). But I feel better, firmer, more flexible, and I know my aerobic endurance has improved greatly (cardio has always been my weak point). Video fitness seemed perfect for me because summers where I live (in southern Illinois) are so hot and humid, and I already had a nice start with some Kathy Smiths, Karen Voights, and the first two Firms that I purchased years (and years) ago. I've added quite a few workouts to my collection, and love the variety and the comfort of working out in my own home. My current favorites are the Bar Method, Kathy Smith's Cardio Time Saver and Step Workout, Minna Lessig's Fat Eliminator, and Karen Voight's Cardio Strength.

I am currently single (but share my house with two cats), work in administrative support at a large state university, and enjoy reading, spending time with friends and family, gardening (although my enthusiasm waxes and wanes), and sprucing up my house (I've had it three years now and it was in desperate need of updated decor! --I'm still working on it and it will probably be a perpetual work-in-progress).

Donna
Sollamyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-04, 05:23 PM  
FitBoop
VF Supporter

Hi Crystal! Nice to meet you! We do seem to have a lot in common. I read your post and couldn't remember when I posted to this thread, and when I checked, it was back in 2001! Everything is basically the same now except that in the 3 years since I first posted, I've acquired a lot more videos and dvds ! The influence of VF is not to be underestimated.

In answer to your question, I do some training, but less now than in the past. I have focused on working with seniors, and am in the process of developing a group toning class to give in a local community center.

If you feel like chatting, please PM me.
FitBoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-04, 09:45 PM  
CrystalLR

Yes, it is nice to have someone our own age to talk about

and share common interests.

Keep up the great work!

~~Crystal~~
www.crystalreiber.com
Old 10-12-04, 09:48 PM  
CrystalLR

I've been doing more work with

seniors too. I'm a certified instructor of the national Silver Sneakers program. However, I also volunteer and do a lot of work with youth through the Boys & Girls Clubs of America. I'm looking at working with the Specialy Olympics soon.

Crystal
Old 10-25-04, 03:16 PM  
Juliekins
VF Supporter

I just posted in the Bargain watch forum and realized I should probably come over here and introduce myself so as not to torque the regulars.

I'm Julie. I'm a 27 year old musician turned computer geek. I'm married with two cats. I found VF because I was looking for more information on the origins of The Firm and found lots of wonderful video reviews and reviews of the, er, interesting book written by the Firm's founders. I discovered exercising at home via an old dub of my college roommate's Tae Bo tape. I needed to lose weight and I knew exercise had to be a part of that, but I wasn't feeling very confident about showing myself at the gym. When I realized I could exercise at home without the hassle of driving to the gym and fighting the bunnies for machines, I was hooked. I've lost about 25 pounds and I have 10 more to go. I am all about The Firm. I like Tae Bo too, but my Firm DVDs are my favorites. I just this weekend splashed out on the new Firm Box and the three DVDs that come with it. I am still on a search for better yoga and Pilates DVDs. I have a couple of Denise Austin yoga and Pilates DVDs that are only so-so.

I enjoy sports, too--I manage softball and volleyball teams, and I can always be counted on to sub in for my friends' teams. I was a late bloomer when it comes to athletics, but I can hold my own with most sports. I like to play tennis and raquetball as well, but I don't get the opportunities to do those as often.
Juliekins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-04, 03:17 PM  
new2me

Welcome Julie!

The sudden precious moments in life need to be recognized for the unique periods they are, not wasted by wishing for something else. Edith Schaeffer
new2me is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
former sticky, how did you find vf, introductions, new members, new to vf, new user, sticky thread