Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-14-19, 08:28 PM  
kat999

High calorie burn rotation idea

So I've posted elsewhere that as a college teacher, I tend to think in terms of semesters, and a change of semester sometimes triggers me to change my workout routine or rotation. For about six months, I've kept track (via my Apple Watch and some apps) of the calorie burn of workouts I do, and I started thinking about doing a little one- or two-week bootcamp where I go back and do the ones that got me the highest calorie burn, just to kind of jump start my summer.

Anybody ever do something like this? The benefit is it kind of builds in several different types of workouts, and I find I've got a mix of lengths, instructors, but apparently they're all super effective at burning lots of calories for me personally. I realize that going for a high, high burn for too long might not be sustainable, though, so I figured I'd just do it for a week and see how it felt.

I haven't gotten through my entire DVD collection in the time I've been keeping track of the calorie burn for each workout, so I also figured if I do this again in about a year, I might find that the "bootcamp week" is full of different workouts. (To say that my collection is large is an understatement. I have a problem. I think it would take about nine months of daily workouts to actually get through them all. )

Anyway, just figured I'd share the idea and see if anybody else has ever done this.
Old 05-15-19, 11:03 AM  
gladgirl

I usually jot down my workout calorie burns as part of daily tracking.(Also through my Polar watch).

Workouts that give me the highest burn:
step workouts
my own treadmill intervals
KB swings via Tracy Reifkind (doing 10 swings each min, resting until minute is up and swinging again for 10...)

Step workouts are the longest and the 100 swings take just 10 mins.

It will depend on time spent for highest burn.
gladgirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rotation, rotation idea