Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 09-01-15, 06:12 PM  
prettyinpink

I think it will be as effective as any standard glute floor work that you do for 70 minutes straight.

I liked it okay, but I think it is very overpriced for what it is. Very standard mat exercises, nothing new or creative and no good music to keep you going or anything out of the ordinary to justify the price, IMO. If you like mat work and need someone to count for you-- and you enjoy hearing almost every rep counted out loud-- then you will probably like it. I kind of expected it would be like it is, but I think if I just read all the raves and bought it thinking it was something new and different and would have guaranteed great results, I might be disappointed, so I am posting with that in mind, that maybe it will help someone who doesn't want to be talked into HDM.
prettyinpink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-15, 08:23 AM  
Carb8985

Quote:
Originally Posted by prettyinpink View Post
I think it will be as effective as any standard glute floor work that you do for 70 minutes straight.

I liked it okay, but I think it is very overpriced for what it is. Very standard mat exercises, nothing new or creative and no good music to keep you going or anything out of the ordinary to justify the price, IMO. If you like mat work and need someone to count for you-- and you enjoy hearing almost every rep counted out loud-- then you will probably like it. I kind of expected it would be like it is, but I think if I just read all the raves and bought it thinking it was something new and different and would have guaranteed great results, I might be disappointed, so I am posting with that in mind, that maybe it will help someone who doesn't want to be talked into HDM.
I agree with this. I've done Thighmatics I, II and Glutematics and like them all a lot, but they are just your standard floor work (leg lifts on all fours, fire hydrants, pretzel, etc.). There are lots of reps and, because of this, they are challenging, so they are likely to be effective in terms of results if you can stand to do them. I find they are like watching paint dry. So boring. And the counting is incessant. It helps to watch TV while doing it or at least have some music on.

I find that Course I has more creative moves than the Matics series and my butt has been more sore from the Course I classes than from any of the Matics. I wonder if maybe Hamelin intended it to be that way. The Matics are almost like a "back to basics" series?
Carb8985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-15, 08:41 AM  
mizvespa

Quote:
Originally Posted by violetblonde View Post
I just did MHB's Classic bridge today and it's fantastic! LaCatrina, I definitely recommend it as an add-on.

mizvespa, your posts were partly my inspiration for a recent BB rotation... have you stopped doing BB in favour of Hamelin?
I will likely never give up BB glute work, lol! I was just looking to experiment with some of Hamelin's glute work since I love his ab work and thighmatics I so much! I feel like BB bridge work gives my butt an almost instant "pop" unlike anything else I've tried. There is something to it. Hamelin's free bridge work on youtube does not seem to have quite the same effect, however it is much shorter so I assumed that was why.
Old 09-02-15, 10:42 AM  
prettyinpink

If you like focused glute work, I can highly recommend Ballet Body downloads. Her bridge segments, bridge on the wall, and glutes on the mat are some in particular that really get right into the right places. I know that I need "just right" positioning for the most effective bridge work, and even though I know what to do I still do better with effective instruction in getting the positioning and having good visual reminders as well.
prettyinpink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-15, 08:40 PM  
MJ051279
VF Supporter

I purchased Thighmatics 1 and really liked it. Yes it was really dull w/o music but I liked that it was all floor work. My knees anymore just can't handle squats and lunges so this was awesome.

I love being a Nana
MJ051279 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
armatics, glutematics, hdm, swan arms, thighmatics