Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-18-15, 07:07 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Welcome out of lurkdom, Southern Girl. Have you looked at the check ins here at VF. Joining one might help you stay accountable to your goal. If you were to find one you wanted to join, all you have to do is post and introduce yourself to the group. All check ins are open here at VF. Of course, having been around for 3 years, you've probably already found them.

Hope to see you posting about your opinions about the sets you try.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-15, 06:00 AM  
haoua07

Hi guys, I have finally decided to come out of my lurking (Been a lurker for years)!
A little about myself and the reasons why I have decided to reveal myself. I am 33, currently obese but have been working out 4 to 5 times a week (mostly to walking videos and some low impact cardio Jessica Smith youtube videos). I have lost 13 kgs thus far and hoping to lose more.
However, my workout routine has become stale, and as much as I love Leslie Sansone and Jessica Smith, I am starting to burn out on doing the two of them exclusively. I need change and I want to motivate myself to do more and push myself harder.
I have a pretty extensive library of fitness videos (I won't mention how many, because you wouldn't believe it) that I have bought over the years but never got around to use. I feel like now is the time to start make use of it.

As far as the the type of workouts I like to do, I prefer them to be low impact (no plyometrics for me).

I will look to join some check ins. Is there a thread for beginner-intermediate exercisers on VF?

Thanks!

Ps: English is not my first language, so please forgive the bad grammar and/or spelling mistake
haoua07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-15, 09:20 AM  
Juliepie
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by haoua07 View Post
Ps: English is not my first language, so please forgive the bad grammar and/or spelling mistake
Welcome (back)! I must say I didn't see any bad grammar or spelling mistakes. Where are you from?

Surely a person of sense would submit to anything, like exercise, so as to obtain a well functioning mind and a pleasant, happy life. --Socrates
Juliepie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-15, 09:21 AM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Welcome out of lurkdom. It sounds like you are on your way to fitness; it's just often a longer process than we want. There is not specific beginner/intermediate check in these days, but there are some check ins that might be more appropriate for them. There are a couple of check ins that focus on weight loss; there is a relatively new check in titled Strength, Health, & Happiness that might work for you; and there's one titled Fit for Life that might work for you. You are free to join any check in. I'd suggest reading ones that look good to you to see if you might enjoy them. If/when you choose one, you can just post a first message and introduce yourself.

Your English is good. Where are you from. You have probably seen over the years that we have people from around the world on this site.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Old 03-04-15, 09:54 AM  
PennyK

Hi haoua07! Welcome!

I'm 48 and also in weightloss mode and have a wonky knee that doesn't like high impact. I'm currently working my way through my collection and trying virgin workouts and visiting some old, but i keep adding new things to my pile.

I love Leslie too and recently started walking with Jessica along with Classical Stretch. Last night i tried Disco Dojo with Scott Cole and think it makes a great Leslie sub.

I belong to two check-ins if you want to stop by-"Losing It! in March" and "I Want to Walk-March 2015-Your feet will bring you to where your heart is".
PennyK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-15, 05:23 AM  
haoua07

Hi guys, thanks for the warm welcome! I am from West Africa (a small country called Senegal). I am glad, you were able to understand me, that will make less about posting and starting threads!
Thanks for the tips, will go the over the check ins to introduce myself!
haoua07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-15, 09:38 AM  
Juliepie
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by haoua07 View Post
Hi guys, thanks for the warm welcome! I am from West Africa (a small country called Senegal). I am glad, you were able to understand me, that will make less about posting and starting threads!
Thanks for the tips, will go the over the check ins to introduce myself!
Senegal...wow, that's so cool! Now don't be a stranger...post to your heart's content!

Surely a person of sense would submit to anything, like exercise, so as to obtain a well functioning mind and a pleasant, happy life. --Socrates
Juliepie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-15, 05:50 AM  
CarlaShanti

I've been away but I'm back

Hi all! I used to be a regular here, but I've had a rough couple of years. The fog seems to have lifted now, though I wake up to find myself 40 lbs heavier and distinctly lacking in overall fitness.

I'm back, though, and looking forward to jumping back into this encouraging and inspiring community of vidiots. (Do we still say that here?)
CarlaShanti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-15, 02:53 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Hi Carla - I remember you. Welcome back. Have you thought out finding a check in for motivation?

Yes, we still say "vidiot" as well as "Joni-O-ing" a workout as well as talking about TIFTing. And, you probably remember that you need to hide your credit card before reading here.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Old 04-09-15, 10:00 PM  
Tammie M

I am back too!

It's been a long time but I am back also. I had joined a gym close to my office and worked out during lunch. I retired 6 months ago and moved to the country. My nearest gym is 20 to 30 minutes away. When we built our new house I added a gym so I now work out at home. And I joined a local dancing group which I LOVE!! Most of my videos are 10 years old and they are kicking my butt!!! Please I am realizing my high impact days are over. I am so glad this group is still going strong! You are great motivators!!
Tammie M is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
former sticky, how did you find vf, introductions, new members, new to vf, new user, sticky thread