Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 10-04-20, 03:34 PM  
glavtx
VF Supporter

Penguin, I'm glad your husbands job is working out, and he's getting noticed for his hard work!

SB, yes, walking is one of the best things we can do for our health, but I feel like I should be doing something more.

Today, I decided I wouldn't do anything, other than housework and laundry. Later I decided to heck with more housework, and got on the treadmill with a book! So, I've gotten some exercise and a partially cleaned house. I did get the laundry done completely, so that's one thing as planned.

My after dinner walk last night turned into a dance, cause I turned on YouTube and saw John Legend, Stevie Wonder and Bill Withers doing Lean On Me. Bill barely sang, but it was good. Then I saw Neil Young's Harvest Moon, and I really love that song, so dance walked to it too! Fun for me, and the cat even got in on the last one, so I got some balance work in, avoiding him.

If the only prayer you say in your life is Thank You, that would suffice.
Meister Eckhart

It is our resistance to things as they are that causes most unhappiness.

When you rise in the morning, give thanks for the light, for your life, for your
strength. Give thanks for your food and for the joy of living. If you see no
reason to give thanks, the fault lies in yourself. Tecumseh
glavtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-20, 08:08 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday I did a couple of PBL routines, a side lying workout and upper body with a band, and then a 45 minute afternoon walk.
She can be really tough, that Lisa. I felt that workout for sure yesterday. I am planning a walk today hopefully. I'm going to breakfast with a couple of friends and it's one of their birthdays which I totally blanked on so I have to run up to CVS now and buy a little something. Agh. I'm so last minute sometimes. And I don't have a car today so I have to walk there. And here I sit with my coffee

TERRI, that after dinner dance/walk sounds like so much fun! Well done on the partially cleaned house.

Waves to all. Stay well everyone!
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-20, 06:07 PM  
nora
VF Supporter

Well, in my email was one from Cathe.com telling me it was the last day for the preorder. So I ordered the new set, despite knowing nothing about them really. I was sucked in by the 30 minute format. Did anyone else order these? If Julie were here, I'm pretty sure she did!

SB -I hope you had fun at the Bday gathering. I don't think most people are expecting a present during covid times. Who wants to shop?

Terri - your dance party sounds like fun. I should do more of that kind of thing.

PP- I hope the bushwhacking is going well.

Today: some step with Marc Oliver Kluike and a 1 hour walk
Yesterday: one hour walk
Old 10-06-20, 08:59 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday was just the 2 short walks to the store and back. My chronically late friend turned the breakfast gathering into a lunch gathering by the time she arrived and then we had some wine to celebrate so there was no exercising after all that. I am planning a proper walk today and some PBL hopefully.

NORA, those are some nice walks you've been doing. I did preorder Cathe's new set because of the 30 minute format also. I always preorder Cathe sets and hardly ever use them . I think this set is supposed to be 2 30 minute weight routines, upper and lower, 2 hiit workouts and 2 mobility workouts and of course premixes. You don't know my friend, she's like a little kid about birthdays so even though it wasn't much I did buy her a gift.

Waves to all. Have a great day!
Old 10-07-20, 08:52 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday I did a 50 minute walk and that was it. I had another lunch date with friends again. I'm a little worried that I was out 2 days in a row. I have been so careful this whole time and I think I need to dial it back a little bit. We ate outside but it was very crowded and then we strolled around the lake after lunch very close to each other. It's hard to keep your distance sometimes so maybe just not going out with these friends is the solution. Anyone else feel this way?

I am planning a walk and probably some PBL today.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 10-07-20, 01:16 PM  
glavtx
VF Supporter

SB, yes, I try to social distance and wear a mask, and it can be awkward sometimes, especially if the person you're with doesn't take the virus seriously.

Nora, those sound like great walks. I would like 30 minute Cathe workouts, but decided not to preorder, since I barely do the workouts I have.

Penguin, hope the yard clearing has worn you out!

I've been doing my treadmill and Leslie walks (or somebody like hers) every day, and have done an after dinner walk every night but one since 9/4. I'm both surprised at and proud of myself for sticking with it.
Maybe I can try to switch it up and do a weight workout for 10-15 minutes after dinner instead of just a walk, since the timing is a habit now.

If the only prayer you say in your life is Thank You, that would suffice.
Meister Eckhart

It is our resistance to things as they are that causes most unhappiness.

When you rise in the morning, give thanks for the light, for your life, for your
strength. Give thanks for your food and for the joy of living. If you see no
reason to give thanks, the fault lies in yourself. Tecumseh
glavtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-20, 06:16 PM  
patchworkpenguin

We didn't get to do much on the fence because the chainsaw needed a new chain. don't ask! They did do a lot yesterday, tearing down the rest of the fence and putting up several new posts. That was weird to see into all of our neighbors yards. Its supposed to rain Fri Sat and Sun so I guess that will put a damper on the work

Hubby is getting bids on a new roof, so far they {3bids} are sky high, No pun intended! We may have to put that off for a while.

I wrote out yet another schedule for my workouts {there's a name for this...} Today is Low Impact cardio {hint, there's not a high impact cardio}, so I tried BodyFit by Amy's LI Standing Cardio. This was slow paced and fairly boring. 10 exercises repeated twice.

Next, I did Fitness With Cindy, who is always a hoot. Beginner LI Cardio {aimed at Seniors} and it was still peppier and more fun than Amy's.

Terri, I do laundry and housework on separate days. too much on one day for this penguin! Your impromptu workout sounds like fun, maybe not dodging the cat part. "stacking habits' is one of my favorite ways to get things done. Give that weight workout a try!

SB, I hope you had a nice walk, got a great gift and had a nice lunch. According to Hubby nothing can happen before coffee!

Nora, I might have been sucked into that preorder also If I had known about it. Frankly, I'm enjoying my multiple short workouts strung together plan.

"An exercise in futility still counts as exercise!"

"There's a pattern to the randomness!" ~ Artie ~ Warehouse 13

"Weakness is hard, but weakness doesn't have to mean defeat!" ~ Lysa TerKeurst

"That's the only break you get, so I hope you enjoyed it" ~~Cathe, STS, Meso 2

patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-20, 08:27 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday I did PBL in the morning, tall & toned upper body and twist & shout for the obliques, and a 54 minute afternoon walk.
I am planning the same for today hopefully.

TERRI, you should definitely be proud of yourself for being so consistent with the after dinner walks. And I think sneaking a little weight work in on occasion is a great idea.

PENGUIN, good luck with the new workout schedule. I guess you still never know exactly what you're gonna get on youtube just by the title. Wise man hubby with his coffee remark. I agree 100%.

Old 10-08-20, 05:13 PM  
patchworkpenguin

SB, we had 3 coffeemakers at the house, only one that we use, one in the camper. Dad brought over two single cup only coffeemakers Wednesday. I don't even drink coffee unless I'm really cold. So this is getting rediculas! Hubby needs to pick one {maybe two} and get rid of the rest, fast! I don't have any counterspace as it is! I still wonder about why the instructors do what they do but at least I'm not paying $$ to try them out. I like that part a lot!

Work on the fence was progressing but now its going to rain for the next 3 days. :{ Guess who's going to have to go out there and move the bags of concrete into the garage!?

Today was my barre workout. I was at once excited and terrified that I was going to die! {or at least not be able to walk tomorrow} so I picked a 15min workout by Wellthy Boss, mostly squats, plies and side leg lunges.

Next i added Walk at Home with Nick Team Walk. Nick did the first part, Rocky did the second.

Last i added on Lucy Wyndham Read's 1m walk. This was interesting and a bit weird. She split the screen 3 ways. Left was a video ffilmed outdoors on a wooded trail, middle was a calorie scale we were supposed to follow for intensity, right was her walking in her home. I couldn't figure out what was going on at first and felt she could have left the scale out since she cued us on what/when to do it anyway. We did intervals of walking interspersed with abs toning segments which were all the same, front toe taps with rhomboid pinch arms while holding our abs in.

"An exercise in futility still counts as exercise!"

"There's a pattern to the randomness!" ~ Artie ~ Warehouse 13

"Weakness is hard, but weakness doesn't have to mean defeat!" ~ Lysa TerKeurst

"That's the only break you get, so I hope you enjoyed it" ~~Cathe, STS, Meso 2

patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-20, 08:57 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday was PBL in the morning and a 50 minute walk in the afternoon. Probably more of the same today. I am thinking of throwing some KCM in here and there for weight work.

PENGUIN, that triple screen does sound weird and distracting too. I'm glad you survived the barre class. Barre work can be tough sometimes. Good luck with the bags of concrete. A friend had given me a keurig machine years ago but we prefer using the old school perculator coffee pot.