Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 09-16-20, 10:10 PM  
GypsyRose

Hello!

Thanks for the well wishes. I'm fine and back at home after evacuating. My house didn't flood. No exercises for the past few days but I'll restart again tomorrow. Feeling for the people flooded out.

Take care!

Rose
GypsyRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-20, 07:40 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone

Yesterday DD and I walked our Golden in the evening and I also did Robin's Day 3 Challenge.

Today, so far has been:

Essentrics - Calorie Blasting & Lower body w/ Gail.

Later today I will either catch up with ePilates barre challenge, Robin's challenge or a walk.

I also did schedule another meeting w/ myself for yesterday afternoon and spent 30 minutes catching up on housework. I think w/ the continued working from home, this needs to be a habit I keep up with, otherwise I just end up sitting at my desk all day - and it actually becomes unproductive as burn out sets in. If I were working in the office there would be natural breaks, plus, if the weather was good, I would almost always go out for a walk - so - I'm going to keep doing this!

Gypsy Rose - glad you are home safe!

Pat - I'm so jealous of your proximity to the beach!I do like the instructors on the streaming site, I own so much CS content, I feel it is a waste of $$ to subscribe but then, there are so many good classes on the streaming platform. I wish they would sell them either as downloads or DVDs.

Summer Breeze - Making the time to fit in CS, etc. is challenging for me b/c I like to do a variety of workouts but they really are beneficial. I used to really love doing yoga but something happened over the past year or so where I just can't get into it - even Yoga w/ Adriene which I did religiously.... I guess at some point the spark will be lit again.

Hope everyone has a good day!!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-20, 08:15 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

I continued on yesterday with my daily walks and I also did Tracie Long's Metabolic Strength #3, Well Built. I'm trying to be more consistent with my strength training. Hopefully I'll be fitting MR back into the routine soon too.

PAT, I'm glad you were able to get a walk in. I hope you're feeling more energetic today. Now that you mentioned the haze, I noticed it here too! It does seem crazy. I can't even imagine how horrible the situation must be on the West Coast!

ROSE, glad to hear you're safely home with no flooding. Yes it is so sad to see all that flooding

DONNA, nice job with your workouts and walk. Very nice variety.

Have a great day!
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-20, 08:33 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

I did an Ellen Barrett last night for a change of pace - Skinny Sculpt. It's been a long time! I couldn't use the weights for all of it and had to keep putting them down. It was still enjoyable to spend some quality Ellen time with her though.

Rose, thanks for checking in! It's so good to hear you escaped anything severe.

Donna that's a good idea to schedule a meeting between yourself and the housework. That would be great if ETV would let us purchase downloads of our favorite workouts. There is one I would pounce on - forget the name but Meg leads it and you can break it down by sections or do the full hour.

I hope to join you with a walk today, Summer.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-20, 07:29 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday afternoon I did Emma's Day # 3 of the barre challenge which was legs. it was a good routine - really hit the hamstrings! After work DD and I walked our Golden.

Today has been:

Ellen's new Walking with Weights - I saw this one was up on her site and decided to try it out. I really liked the music in it - the workout was good - but not remarkable, if you know what I mean - how man different variations of walking and weights are there? Still, it was a nice routine to do - I got about 4,000 steps from it and Ellen was her usual zen self.

Robin's Pilates Strong Challenge Day 4 - Flexibility - this was a quick routine and worked well after Ellen's standing work.

Pat - I guess we both had an Ellen moment, LOL! Yes, this week, so far, I have scheduled 30 minutes w/ myself to either do housework or walk or do a quick workout mid-day. I may do Essentrics Live workout today - at noon, unless my DD wants to walk, in which case I will walk!

Summer - too many workouts, too little time! I do want to get MR back in the mix, too. I think for 2021 I'm going to really pare down my subscriptions. I will keep Ellen but I'm going to let go my Pilates sub's - there is plenty of Pilates on You Tube, plus I have DVDs. CS I like, but don't need b/c I own so much content, but I will probably pop in there for a month here and there to try some new things. I think I would like to spend 2021 focusing more on my DVD and maybe doing some month to months subscriptions here and there. I don't want to commit to yearly - except for maybe Ellen, it is only $5 per month....

Waves, Gypsy Rose - hope you are doing well!

Donna
Old 09-18-20, 08:27 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning everyone! Yesterday was all about the walking outdoors. The weather was just too perfect not to take advantage of it. I did:

~ 27 minute / 1.26 mile lunch walk
~ 30 box climbs
~ "Elasticity," a yoga knee clinic with Tias Little (Glo)
~ PT, stretch and inversion
~ 25 minute / 1.17 mile evening walk with DH

I've been meaning to subscribe to Ellen's site, Donna. Agreed - how many different ways can you move, but when you like the instructor and there's good music it's motivating. Is it an easy enough subscription to stop and restart?

Good morning to Summer, Rose and anyone who visits. TGIF!!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-20, 09:03 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!!

Agh, I just deleted my whole post .

Anyway, yesterday was a 53 minute walk and that was it. But in my defense, my sister came to visit and I haven't seen her since pre-covid and then my DS and his gf came for dinner so all good.

PAT, nice job with your walks and other activities. Well done.

DONNA, nice variety of workouts for you as always. I think paring down your subscriptions may help you focus more. Of course who am I to say? I can't stick with a routine to save my life and I don't have any subscriptions. But at least we're moving and working out.

Hi ROSE.

Have a great day!
Old 09-18-20, 07:17 PM  
GypsyRose

Hello!

Today was an actual walk outside! DH and I walked to the park by our home. The tide was high and people were out fishing. The alligator that resides in the pond swam up to us under the deck outlook. We waved and continued on our walk.

There is another storm in the Gulf so I won't put my home totally together just in case. But I have to move some things downstairs in order to live.

Set up an Appletv and now streaming works on the tele. So happy! It gets me off the computer. Tomorrow I'm going to check out Bodyelectric streaming. I'll let everyone know how it works.

Donna-You have some great subscriptions.

Pat Too bad about ETV not allowing downloads.

Summer BreezeHow did your visit go with your sister go?

Okay, off to do some late night house walking and then a movie.

Rose
GypsyRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-20, 11:46 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday was a 51 minute walk. So far today I did KCM's Sculpting Rx workout #2 and I am planning a walk shortly. KCM has been kicking my butt lately. She gets my heartrate up there.

ROSE, sounds like a lovely walk with DH.
Yikes on the alligator but I guess you're used to seeing them? What state are you in down there? Be safe if a new storm comes in. The visit with my sister was really great.
She has COPD so she's been very cautious during covid. She said she's feeling isolated so she's trying to get out more. We sat outside nicely distanced.

Waves to PAT & DONNA!

Have a great weekend!
Old 09-19-20, 05:07 PM  
donnamp

Oh gosh, I missed a lot here today!

I did have a good exercise day, however:

- Jessica's 30 min Fusion Strength (You Tube)
- Beth/Trifecta Pilates - High Energy Pilates workout (this one moves at a quicker pace than Beth's Level 1 workouts - this is marked as Level 2)
- Outdoor Walk
- Essentrics - PM Stretch w/ Meg

I didn't do this all at once, but spread out throughout the day.

SummerBreeze - it is very hard for people w/ health conditions during this time since you don't want to unnecessarily risk exposure.

Gypsy Rose - cool on the alligator sighting! I hope you can avoid another storm. I hope you enjoy Body Electric - I would like to subscribe just for the episodes with good music!!

Pat - nice walks!

Hope everyone has a nice evening.

Donna

Tags
bobandbrad