Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 10-27-20, 09:08 AM  
JustSandra

Hello!

Monday's Workout: I did Total Stretch from Jessica Smith's Walk Strong 3 set (a favorite routine of mine), followed by Hand & Elbow Workout "B" from J.B. Berns' Freedom Restoration.

It is perfect walking weather right now where I live! Got in a one-hour walk yesterday and am planning another long walk this morning.

Linda: Good luck getting that surgery date! Re moving with cats, I echo our Sherry's advice. You would want to confine the cat to just one room in the house for a few days so they can adjust (and don't be surprised if at first they hide in a closet or under furniture!). Afterwards they should be ready to come out and explore the rest of their new home. I would keep them inside for a while until they they seem to be settled before letting them outside.

Take care everyone -- will be back later with today's workout!

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
JustSandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-20, 09:11 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning! I continued my mind/body fitness trend yesterday with:

~ Kia Miller Morning Kundalini (Glo)
~ Shakti Warrior lesson 3, Free Flow
~ Fourth and final class in psoas series

All three workouts were wonderful. In the final psoas class she lectured on the emotional psoas connection, too. It stores all of your past traumas. Working on psoas release helps to release all that. But - I've GOT to get some weight training for the rest of this week!

Have a wonderful day everyone.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-20, 09:43 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Happy Tuesday! Just did my covid test. It was a swab, and it was very quick; they definitely have the process down. I was also glad to read that if there's a positive and they need to test individually, they will use my same swab, so no need for a second test.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-20, 01:41 PM  
luvcritters
VF Supporter

Today I did Flat Belly Barre, Classic Barre. It felt good to do Barre again. I'll do more traditional lower body work after I get a late lunch.

Surgery is scheduled for Nov. 30. It's 2 days before I wanted it but I'll take it. Good to know the MRSA is gone. For now.

Sherrie and Sandra - thanks for the info. I giggled because when Meow came inside the first few times Grissom kept her confined to the kitchen. Or so he thought. After he went to sleep she sneaked to the bedroom and slept beside me. I'm getting emotional because I won't be able to pick up Meow for six weeks or more after surgery.

Trust no one. - X-Files, and me.

Comfort food only provides comfort while it's in your mouth. - Me
luvcritters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-20, 08:48 PM  
YogaGal

It seems as though the universe is conspiring against us mavens with sleep issues, failed appliances, and driveway sealing. But on the positive side, we have outdoor walks, making progress on little projects, and relaxing yoga, including sessions by our own Beth!

I may have spoken too soon about my busy period winding down soon. The quiz I’ve been grading this week is more time-consuming than others, and I have other work I need to get to related to teaching library research.

Recent Workouts:

Last Thursday I did Jessica Smith’s Apple Shape Workout in the morning and then in the evening after work I discovered a new favorite Sarah Beth that is great for upper body tension in neck, shoulders, upper back and also down your sides to your hips. It is her 15–Minute Seated Yoga Stretches for Headaches, Anxiety, & Tension. It felt so good.
Friday: KCM Kickboxing, Punch & Kick Mix and RaviAna’s House Call, Immune Invigorator
Saturday : 7.5-mile Bike Ride with DH.
Monday: Jessica Smith’s Armed & Dangerous youtube workout (combo of dbs and a band) followed by Sarah Beth’s 10-Minute Morning Yoga Perk Up for Posture. (I figured this would be good since I would be working at the computer most of the day.)

Linda: Glad you got your surgery scheduled. As for moving cats, I agree with Sherry and Sandra. It also depends upon the personality of the cat. The general advice is to keep them in a room or limited part of the new place to begin with and allow them to emerge slowly. Now for the adventurous cat like Moxie was, he wanted to get out and start exploring his new digs. My cautious scaredy-cat, Zippy, took a little longer to acclimate, but he did pretty quickly and all worked out fine. I think Meow Meow might be somewhere in between, but perhaps more toward the adventurous cat like Moxie.

Paine: Hope you can sleep better soon.

Pat: Sorry to hear about the long wait for a new oven! I knew that many office products were out of stock as so many people are setting up home offices to work from home. I’ve been trying to find a small file cabinet & drawer combo, but they have been out of stock, and BIL needed to replace his printer which took a lot of searching. I think he finally ordered something online, but local stores were out.

Sandra: That was such a sad story about your library shelver. Unfortunately, so many others are struggling during the loss of certain jobs with covid. We'll likely have a vaccine sometime next year, but in the meantime, people need some help.

cyana: Enjoy your Napa cabbage and pansies!

Beth: Glad your covid test wasn't too bad. Hope it comes back positive!

Waves to everyone!
Old 10-27-20, 08:54 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

A quick post & run....

~Essentrics barre class on Band
~7 km neighbourhood & trail walk
~Beth’s Standing Strong Yoga on YT - I really enjoyed this one, thank you Beth!
~Steps: 12,242

Waves to all!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-20, 09:15 PM  
JustSandra

Hi again!

Today's Workout: I did the Dynamic Stretch routine from Jessica Smith's Walk Strong 1 set. I don't think I've done it since I initially ran through all of the routines when I got this set several years ago. Anyway it was wonderful! It especially got into some tight back muscles. I also enjoyed a nice long walk (almost two hours).

Meow Meow: Now that Linda has her surgery date we all want you to take good care of her when she comes home! Since she won't be able to pick you up, you must be sure to make yourself available for healing cuddles.

Waving to all!

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
JustSandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-20, 09:30 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by YogaGal View Post
Beth: Glad your covid test wasn't too bad. Hope it comes back positive!
Carolyn, I'm laughing at this - by positive you mean negative, right?

Linda, so glad to hear your got the surgery scheduled! Hope the date works out with your man, and hope MM comforts you during your recovery, even if she can only be at your feet.

Pam, I saw that you posted about that routine on the new checkin thread; so glad you liked it! At some point, I might go back and tweak more of the older routines (rather than thinking up new ones, haha).

Pat, how nice to have a day with 3 wonderful routines! I did the Shakti Warrior #3 today too. I am finding Alice's TIFTTing a little tougher than in her Bellyfit Elements, I think because there is more time to learn the individual moves in the latter.

Sandra was the JB Berns rehab - or prehab?

Sherry, sorry about the frustrating day! Does something bring on your back spasms? I hope the rest of the day has gone better for you.

I had just one for my yoga class tonight, but she was very sweet and complimentary. She is pretty new to yoga and was somewhat disparaging of what she could do; I think she was excited to find that she COULD do things, like half-moon at the wall.

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 10-27-20, 09:33 PM  
luvcritters
VF Supporter

Sandra - thanks for the laugh. She's not a lap cat but sometimes she'll get close enough to use my leg as a pillow. Because of her amputation she has to be on my left leg. We'll still be able to do her cardio but I won't be able to hold her to dance and she loves to dance. Still wondering how I'll get her wet food open with one hand and it's not the hand I use. We'll figure it out. We have to.

Trust no one. - X-Files, and me.

Comfort food only provides comfort while it's in your mouth. - Me
luvcritters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-20, 09:36 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

I forgot to mention that I filmed another meditation today. The setting is different because I'm in my office. I did as a preview of the meditation that I've been asked to offer live via Zoom next month; the theme is "Compassion Meditation for Those Who Are Hurting." I also thought it would be good for post-election, so I'm going to make it public next week, but the link is available now:
https://youtu.be/3_G4t_OslH0?list=PL...uM1Z541EiGzWkV

Follow me @YogiBethC